Bad Guy Cliff Lindberg - Middletown, Ohio - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
TreeCroc
Cliff Lindberg - Middletown, Ohio

This guy is a total scumbag.

I sold Cliff 3 green tree pythons back in March of this year. He did not want to have them shipped and we made arrangments for him to come out and pick them up.

I was a gracious host, and welcomed him in my home, as well as paid for dinner, drinks and all around good time.

Upon his departure a question of caging came into play, hence where this whole ordeal began.

He took 2 of my cages for a trade of crested geckos. Each cage was a 2 unit setup, in addtion I also gave him 4 adult pothos plants growing in excellent fashion. I had also given him some cage making supplies.

The deal was an even trade geckos for cages, roughly a $500.00 exchange.

After his return home he e-mailed one time, with pitcures of his geckos.

It is now November, I have e-mailed him 20 plus times, with only one response in August, posted below. This my only response from him, after I got to my breaking point.

Brian,
You are right. I am neglect in keeping in communication with you regarding the geckos I owe you. I have no excuses that justify my actions. I still have them. I plan on getting you at least 12 - mixture of adults and juveniles. Work has not been kind in letting me off to arrange shipment and the weather has been too hot here lately. I can make a trip and drop them off sometime next month after the wedding or by then the weather should cool down enough to reduce the risk. I plan on making this right, I completely understand your anger towards me. I have been a complete asshole lately.
I know that an apology is not what you require. I will try to get them ready for shipment once the weather cools down.
Cliff

I still have yet to hear from him. Also I never wanted 12 geckos, the deal was for 6 - 2 trios made up of various ages.

Bottom line I'm out $500 and he owes me - total child when it comes to business.

Watch out for this a'hole. He's under solenglph on various forums.

He'll be trying to sell gtps from a Marc Spataro blood line. 0.2 biaks - biak X canary and 0.1 canary

He also keeps gilas and a ton of rattlesnakes. He got tagged by his gila and has a bum arm from it.

Bryan Waterloo
Plainfield, IL

Old 11-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
ShadowAceD
Post proof.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
Utta
Please use headers for the email, and make him aware of this thread.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
solenoglyph
Geez, Brian
What can I say? You are completely right. I can ship the geckos next week. Sorry it had to come to this. Thanks for airing this out in public. I'll make good on the deal.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by solenoglyph View Post
Geez, Brian
What can I say? You are completely right. I can ship the geckos next week. Sorry it had to come to this. Thanks for airing this out in public. I'll make good on the deal.
Please be careful with shipping them. Our temps are really cold right now.

I think that Bryan was pretty patient with waiting to post this. I'd like to see more info posted, but you obviously admit to owing him the geckos.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
solenoglyph
Kristi-
Yeah, never disputed the owing him geckos, just havent been the greatest at keeping him updated. At work right now, will post more info later. Yes, Brian has been patient. I don't have any options other than shipping right now. UPS overnight w/heat pack should suffice as long as temps aren't too much below 32F. I'd drive them up, but can't get the time off work right now.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
chamgirl99471
Clifford.. I salute you for coming forward and admitting your mistake.. keep us informed on the status when this is resolved. You sound sincere in wanting to make this right and that's encouraging.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
Steveboos
Yeah if the distance is very short, with heat packs they should be fine. Sounds like you do want to make things right, which is reassuring.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
LauraB
I'm assuming Mr. Lindberg has the proper license/permits to import/possess hots in Butler County. I lived in Milford some years ago & am familiar with OH DNR requirements due to snakes I kept at the time.

While you get points for admitting to the debt you owe, stating that you
"havent been the greatest at keeping him updated" and that shipping is the only option you have "at this time" is rather lame.

You've had the option of shipping for many months - an overnight shipment is not going to jeopardize the geckos if you package properly. I'm pretty certain you already know that. A phone call or email can take all of 5 precious minutes. Neither of those are legitimate excuses.

Mr. Lindberg, I commend you for coming forward and acknowledging the debt - just package the geckos responsibly and take care of business.
I'm also happy you recovered from the Gila bite - that was just a little over a year ago, right?

Old 11-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #10
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by solenoglyph View Post
Thanks for airing this out in public.
A disingenuous response, at best.
Bringing this to the BOI was an option forced on Brian by yourself because you "just havent been the greatest at keeping him updated" since August from a deal that went down in March.
If you can't be bothered to hold up your end of the deal or communicate then you can take responsibility for this thread, at the very least.
Ship the man his animals and move on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!