Exotics-r-us/ Ray Hunter/ Ricky D - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #41
herpetological
Kevin, part of the reason that it goes off on the subject of venomoid surgery and wether you are doing them ethically is that this could have bearing on the specimens that died? Not saying that is the case but, it does bring up the question? I personally do not agree with venomoids but, if there is a reason for it and it is done by a professional(With regards for the animals) that is fine. Also, the point made about your needing a scale is suspicious. Especially since anyone in you line of work should have a couple. Most begining HOBBIEST'S have one much less someone of your, uh..caliber. Was the weight a guess? Are you a butcher? If this is the case I think that Ray Hunter should have stopped sales upon finding this out. Also if you were getting "B" grades from ERJ then I would have stopped long ago. 15,000.00 for mostly "B" grades?
In addition: you obviously have a camera... if you had gotten a shipment with bad animals on it then why did you not take pics when you unpacked. Click that little button on the camera that includes the date and time. Take a pic of the bags, boxes and the specimens. It would be the least you could do to back things up with fact. Also, the pics should give a clear pic of the heads. I
think we all know why on that one. Yes, at this time I have to side with Ray H on this one. If you can provide CLEAR proof I will retract my statements. I will however, never agree with a non-professional performing any kind of invasive surgery, much less the practice of butchering an animal just to make people who are incapable of handling venomous species feel safe. Again, my opinion on the venomoids does not have bearing here however, how they are done does! Please post pics and proof if possible. Also, do you treat any of these imports for parasites? Are they feeding established and not under stress before they go through this? What do you use? Dosages? Just questions that should be addressed. Not saying that you do not know what you are doing...This just would show that you do... and give your case more credibility. Thanks Ray Goushaw HBR

* Is the high price on Venomoids due to mortality rate?

Old 11-07-2003, 11:32 AM   #42
COBRAMAN
Kevin, don't feel too bad, we both look like an A#! here, because this thread has gone on far too long, and I will take partial blame for that. But if you would stop avoiding questions and just truethfully answer them, maybe people would let it die. You like to come on here calling childish names, lying, and making false accusations, then when you are caught lying, you can't fess up and address the issue. Yes I remember the initial post you made, but do you think I should have just ignored your lies, and not respond??? I did not bring your venomoid process into this to slam you, but I believe it is a contributing factor to your claims. I have always stuck to the main issues, but you can't do anything but call me names and avoid answering direct questions. For example:

You still don't address why you lied to your good griend (Ken) by telling him that I was posting on this thread that you are illegally sending him venomous to California. Or how you weighed a 5 foot gaboon when you just admitted that you don't have a scale. Or that you don't have pics to post, after you sent some to Ken already. Yet you wite:

"He is my friend and I would never cheat a friend."

Be that as it may, you definately lied to him about several issues. You can't be upset with other BOI posters because they don't believe you, when you sidestep their questions. After I reads this entire thread to your friend (Ken) last night, I asked him if he thought I was untruethfull with ANYTHING I wrote on this thread, and he said "NO". But he did agree that you were. I am still waiting for those pics. You just wrote:

"I will send you pics and if you feel the need, you can post them up"

Ok, be a man of your word, for a change, and DO IT!

Don't be mad at others because you go on here and make a fool of yourself.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:38 AM   #43
COBRAMAN
Ray, G. when you wrote this, it reminded me of something:

"Also, do you treat any of these imports for parasites? Are they feeding established and not under stress before they go through this? What do you use? Dosages?"

Last night Ken told me that Kevin already "FIXED" the 2 monocle cobras I sent in this shipment, and they are doing fine. So since he does not have a scale, he would have had to guess the correct med dosages. Ken also said that Kevin does own a digital camera.

All the best,
Ray Hunter

Old 11-07-2003, 12:57 PM   #44
herpetological
That was small point I was making... These are imports. Even if they were C.B....? Personally I would not have put any specimen through any surgery until I was sure of health and that it would have the highest chance of survival. Seems like these were put through double jeopardy! No wonder there is a high mortality! The fact that they were put under the knife by an untrained person was disturbing. It is more so.... there seems to be little concern if they were done so quickly after being recieved! Again this is not an issue of them being "made" venomoids. It's a matter of ethics which does have bearing on credibility. Another question... Kevin, were you not the one who called Ray a while back about a cobra that you claimed was DOA and " Frozen Solid". Then amazingly enough it was alive the next day after you gave it CPR for three hours? I was at the shop dropping of specimens that day and heard the conversation? Just asking.
Thanks Ray G. HBR

Old 11-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #45
colubridman88
Hmmm

Kevin, If you don't post pics here, I have no choice but to conclude that you ARE a lair. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. I have been waiting to see these pics ever since YOU(not Ray), said you would post them. The pics are the missing piece of the puzzle here. If they dont show up, then the rest of us will be left to formulate our own opinons of you.
Jesse Smith

Old 11-07-2003, 02:49 PM   #46
Mustangrde1
Errr the two monacles already went under the knife.. Ok so this shows that he has or had already started the process. Now as he said he needed a " SCALE" if he was guestimating weights for medications its a wonder the gaboon had siezures . It is a wonder the other animals died off.

He can post any picture he wants at this point but after hearring atleast two of the animals had been confirmed to be put through the hackjob then what would make anyone think he hadn't tried to do the rest of them and screwed up. Sounds to me like he failed and killed animals then expected to get more for his experiments. You can post a million pictures all you want but I must say even if they handt gone through surgery the wrong medications would kill them or incorrect dosages.

CPR on a cobra. LMFAO.

ERJ owes you nothing if for no other reason then you did not meet their TOS. But now I am wonderring what kind of FRAUD you are trying to pull.

Old 11-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #47
colubridman88
AHha

I didn't catch that part. 2 monacles already had the "surgery".
VERY INTERESTING. Well i don't think i will be dealing with Kevin. Jesse Smith

Old 11-07-2003, 06:27 PM   #48
biff
I guess it's kinda fitting that kevin comes on here and unjustly bashes ERJ, then, when all is said and done he is the one left holding the bag. Hopefully ERJ will completely break ties with this guy...

Old 11-07-2003, 06:48 PM   #49
COBRAMAN
Biff, that is a done deal. We will make good on the first two that they reported 4 days latter, but sort of that, we will never send anything to Kevin again.
Good advice on your part.
Ray Hunter

Old 11-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #50
oreganus
Question Okay...

Ray hunter you are a scumbag piece of [bleep]. You bring up this venomoid thing to take away from the fact that you sent out [bleep]ty animals. Yes, I am calling you names, but no names that don't fit. I was dropping all of this, like you said last night that you were going to do. Okay Ray, how many more times have you posted since then???? You were telling Ken on the phone that you were going to stop your bull[bleep] and take it up in private. But you were posting the whole time you were talking to him! You have also posted bull[bleep] twice since then! Who is the liar Ray? If people think I am, then so be it, but there is no denying that you are a liar also. And as for animals being done without a scale to measure their weights, when a vet puts them under with gas. You idiots don't know what the hell you are talking about, you are just too caught up in your TYPICAL IMAGINATIVE BULL[bleep]. But I understand you are just playing into Ray's hand, because that is what he wanted, he has already said that the snake's probably died, by accusing me of killing them. Established???? 8 WEEKS OF CAPTIVITY SHOULD HAVE HAD THEM EATING AND DO WELL ENOUGH TO SURVIVE A WEEK AFTER SHIPPING! THEY SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST BEEN WELL HYDRATED. You mean to tell me Ray, that in 8 weeks in your care isn't long enough to get them hydrated and nourished just enough that they would survive another week after they showed up here? LET ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN, so all of you antivenomoiders can understand, THE SNAKES THAT DIED WERE NOT ALTERED IN ANY WAY! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OR ARE YOU STILL GOING TO SIT THERE AND TRY AND TELL ME THAT I MAGICALLY KILLED THEM. I find it REALLY funny that a bunch of people against the venomoid surgery will come on here and help Ray, when he himself is not against venomoids and has tried to get into selling them himself, he just has screwed so many people that no one will do the surgeries for him. Also, he doesn't take care of any of his animals good enough that they would survive the surgery. When he sent a shipment of animals to be fixed, they were all b-grade animals and died before even undergoing the surgery! Which before you guys start slamming me, I WAS NOT THE ONE THAT WAS DEALING WITH RAY ON THAT, but I DID SEE THE ANIMALS FIRST HAND. I also got a Rhino infected with what was either the worst respiratory on earth, OR something alot worse. You guys can keep playing the harp for Ray all you want. Hell, go out and buy a bunch of animals from him since he is such a great guy! Go ahead, but don't bitch when you get ripped off. I AM NOT GOING TO POST TO THIS BULL[bleep] ANYMORE, YOU IDIOTS THAT COME ON EVERY POST AND START CRAP WITH EVERYONE THAT POSTS ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ANYONE ARE THE REASON THAT THIS BOI DOESN"T WORK, PAT YOURSELVES ON THE BACK, YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB TO ENSURE THAT......okay guys...get ready....let the flames begin amongst yourselves....I am done...
Kevin Smith
PS-pretty good assumptions and imagination, just look at how much [bleep] you guys have made up about me without me saying a thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!