Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #81
Lucille
[quote=hempmilk;1451163 the reality is [/QUOTE]

It is said that one never knows when the opportunity for epiphany arrives. But here, we have someone who purports to know, and be able to tell us (because obviously our efforts in thinking this issue out, which does seem to have several perspectives, is not enough) what the real reality is. An amazing find.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #82
hempmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Hardened? Try COMMON SENSE.

Those big words used do not in any way "uplift" the transaction to anything more than it is. A BUSINESS TRANSACTION in which the BUYER displayed questionable actions in the transaction and the seller tried his best to work with him.

It's not a moral issue because the seller has committed no wrongs, broken no
"Good Faith" contracts, and has not mislead the buyer in anyway, based on a THOROUGH read of the facts.
Let me preface, I did not mean to turn this into a pissing contest, but rather an interesting debate on humanity.

As for common sense, while it's universally accepted, it remains solely subjective so that's not applicable in this term.

You may argue that the buyer displayed questionable actions, I can argue that the seller displayed questionable actions by keeping the deposit without a legal fine print of TOS put forth before the deposit ever occurred. I can too argue that his "best" actions of rectifying the issue could have meant another shot for the potential buyer.

I firmly believe that it's an issue of ethics of practice (business moral) and "good faith" shouldn't only be applicable when convenient.

Let's keep this diplomatic, and have a good day

Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #83
hempmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It is said that one never knows when the opportunity for epiphany arrives. But here, we have someone who purports to know, and be able to tell us (because obviously our efforts in thinking this issue out, which does seem to have several perspectives, is not enough) what the real reality is. An amazing find.
Hey now, you're supposed to be a facilitator and by definition you're supposed to stay neutral .

All kidding aside, I am simply not enough of an enlightened individual to have figured out what the mankind as a whole hasn't figured out.

Reality is a mirror reflection of the said perception, whether skewed on not, all converge to collectively mark up the definition of the hobby.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #84
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempmilk View Post
Let me preface, I did not mean to turn this into a pissing contest, but rather an interesting debate on humanity.

As for common sense, while it's universally accepted, it remains solely subjective so that's not applicable in this term.

You may argue that the buyer displayed questionable actions, I can argue that the seller displayed questionable actions by keeping the deposit without a legal fine print of TOS put forth before the deposit ever occurred. I can too argue that his "best" actions of rectifying the issue could have meant another shot for the potential buyer.

I firmly believe that it's an issue of ethics of practice (business moral) and "good faith" shouldn't only be applicable when convenient.

Let's keep this diplomatic, and have a good day
I don't waste time on "pissing matches," you called my outlook "hardened." I responded. Don't try and act like you are the "diplomatic" one.

There does not need to be a "Written" TOS for their agreement to meet so that the buyer can complete the original transaction to be a valid contract (and it's written above in those posts that some of us may be overlooking). Once the buyer did not follow though, attempts on the seller's part to complete the transaction are EXTRA effort to please a customer that was going to have problems for a while and may have ended up yanking the seller's chain indefinitely until he was good and ready to finish the transaction (based on his life emergencies... it may have taken a while).

I wish I could go to Macy's and tell them that I can't pay my credit card now because I'm having problems...how long do you think they give as a "grace" period? And afterwards? How many chances would they give me to make it right before they finally threw in the towel and threw me over to the creditors?

Could I ask them for my money back "because I'm having some hard luck?" Could I tell them that they have "more stuff," they can buy more stuff and sell it ...? Do you think that they will be amendable to me wasting their time and resources? ....

Maybe they have a forum where I can manage to whip the members up into an emotional frenzy and force them to follow "humanitarian" methods....

How many "shots" should the buyer have had? Did you have a number in mind? Now, go and count how many shots he had.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #85
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempmilk View Post

Reality is a mirror reflection of the said perception, whether skewed on not, all converge to collectively mark up the definition of the hobby.
Goes to the closet, unpacks and puts on waders ....

Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #86
hempmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I don't waste time on "pissing matches," you called my outlook "hardened." I responded. Don't try and act like you are the "diplomatic" one.

There does not need to be a "Written" TOS for their agreement to meet so that the buyer can complete the original transaction to be a valid contract (and it's written above in those posts that some of us may be overlooking). Once the buyer did not follow though, attempts on the seller's part to complete the transaction are EXTRA effort to please a customer that was going to have problems for a while and may have ended up yanking the seller's chain indefinitely until he was good and ready to finish the transaction (based on his life emergencies... it may have taken a while).

I wish I could go to Macy's and tell them that I can't pay my credit card now because I'm having problems...how long do you think they give as a "grace" period? And afterwards? How many chances would they give me to make it right before they finally threw in the towel and threw me over to the creditors?

Could I ask them for my money back "because I'm having some hard luck?" Could I tell them that they have "more stuff," they can buy more stuff and sell it ...? Do you think that they will be amendable to me wasting their time and resources? ....

Maybe they have a forum where I can manage to whip the members up into an emotional frenzy and force them to follow "humanitarian" methods....

How many "shots" should the buyer have had? Did you have a number in mind? Now, go and count how many shots he had.
Hey again, I was hoping you wouldn't react the way you did here but it is what is it.

I did call your perspective hardened, but in no way shape or form it was an attempt to insult. I do apologize if it seemed that way. I meant hardened in the disciplined, persevering way that the military/martial artist practices.

While I agree the buyer has taken longer than he should have, that does not entitle the seller to keep the deposit without a warning/TOS in place.

Based on probability he may never taken a little longer to purchase the snake, however that doesn't mean he gives up his $100. The segment you wrote about Macy's is entirely true. Having said that there is a clear boundary of a storefront retailer compared to a private seller, as it tends to be cheaper, more lenient and personable. Again the difference can be applied to the subject matter and leaves it an issue of practice without TOS.

You may want to talk like that to your dog, however I will politely decline to "count" or "fetch" whatever you may want to as long as you have the base of your speech tone. Cheers

Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #87
ReptileGeek181
Since both parties are disputing the $100 deposit, I vote that they split the difference and the seller should give him a partial refund of $50

Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #88
mikepanzarella
in no way is the seller entitled to housing and food costs its still his animal
we all get our time wasted its incorporated into the price we sell the animals for
in this case it sucks the seller missed work but he could of schedule meeting times around his needs
and hard luck and bad things happen are always a case to case basis and in this case evidence was provided by the buyer
we as sellers sell things for a profit all of our costs have to be included in our bottom line

Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #89
mikepanzarella
as for macys they might not do anything about your credit card but if you return something its almost always without question

Old 05-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #90
hempmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Goes to the closet, unpacks and puts on waders ....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!