Web master not fare LOL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
jim scharphorn
Web master not fare LOL

Watch this one probably hit the trash bin. LOL

I recieved a warning point for calling someone ( scum bag )and then someone else in a diffrent thread (on the Bobby pruett thread) that person on the opening statment called them the exact same words. !!
I sent that message to Rich and asked that my point be removed because he did not give them a point and he refused, and after pointing this out to Rich, he still did not give the other person a point for using the exact same 2 words.
I think that if one deserves a point then it should only be fare that everyone be treated the same way.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:36 PM   #2
HerpVenue
Well I have some opinions about this.....of course.

I think you are a nice guy and all.

BUT

Look at your warnings. Now Look at the posts that were made in relation to those warnings.

Now Look at the "other" guys warnings or lack thereof.

It is Mother Nature.

Example.

If I sold an albino boa ADULT for $2000 no one would think anything of it.
Now
If Jesse Underhill Sold an albino boa Adult for $2000 people would examine him more carefully. They would think something was wrong.

I am not saying that people with points Do purposefully get watched. But it is just mother nature.

Then to go press the button and SNITCH on someone else. "Hey how come such and such person did not get points"

Then to go further by making a thread on the BOI....a thread that really has no basis for being here.. "Hey such and such person did not get points"

Now come on. If you think about it...... that is also deservig of another point

Some people have more points than they deserve.
Some people have less points than they deserve.
It is NOT a perfect system.
But it is something that helps try to keep things somewhat decent around here.

Here is another way I look at it.
If someone reported a thread and said.....hey this guy is getting out of hand and needs points.....I would definately consider it.
On the other hand
If someone reported a thread ....and basically says. This person didn't get points but I did for saying the same thing..... I would ignore it

Old 10-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
HerpVenue
p.s. I do not know how the above sounds.

But I am not trying to DIG on ya.

I am just trying to say...........how shall I say it......

Something along the lines of .......stuff happens

or

it will be okay

or

don't worry about it too much

or dude get over it

or aaahhh the trouble with trying to convey a message over typed written words

Old 10-19-2003, 06:41 PM   #4
brucestephenson
Talking

Great post Jim! I have worked very hard all weekend and have had a bad cold but you just made my day! Best Wishes, Bruce

Old 10-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #5
jim scharphorn
No Prob. Richie, But if you knew exactly what I recieved all my points for you would probably laugh right along with me. LOL

Old 10-19-2003, 07:34 PM   #6
jim scharphorn
I got 3 points for puting my website up in the BOI
I got 3 points for calling someone a moron

I got 1 point for saying scum bag.

LOL

that does not ad up to 8 so I probably got a extra one for posting here LOl

Old 10-19-2003, 07:49 PM   #7
Ken Harbart
Life goes on...

Old 10-19-2003, 08:11 PM   #8
WebSlave
Here is the reply I sent to Jim concerning the warning point issued to him that he is complaining about:

Quote:
Jim,

I have no reason nor intention to read each and every post in every thread on the BOI. But when I do read one and see name calling and the like, I will issue warning points. The fact that I did not read another message that has the same thing in it, and therefore did not issue a warning point is irrelevant.

If a cop catches YOU speeding, do you think the fact that other people were speeding will make much difference to him giving you a ticket?

Sorry, but the entire point of this is that everyone needs to be a little more circumspect in how they express themselves on my site. That is the entire intention of the warning system.

Later...

Thanks for the feedback.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!