Supplements and D3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
Xelda
Supplements and D3

So I finally got around to buying a copy of the famous Rhacodactylus book by Allen Repashy and de Vosjoli. Fascinating book! Every gecko lover needs to check it out.

It brought up the observation that oversupplementation of calcium and D3 can spur overproduction of eggs in females, hence causing them to lay themselves to death or run into MBD at young ages. The book mentions this occurring with lizard species, but didn't specify which. Have any of you noticed the same observation with leos?

Old 10-14-2004, 01:45 AM   #2
progeckos
Interesting. I’m sure it occurs in all lizard species. I’ve noticed that the more calcium the female gets the healthier the eggs are which results in stronger babies. Every female is different so they’ll lay different amounts. I haven’t noticed anything with the D3 but I haven’t used different amounts of it. This would be a great experiment to do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!