It's been a while - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:23 AM   #1
Scootter
Thumbs up It's been a while

It's been a while since I've gone forum crawling. It seems like everything is done on Facebook these days and it's killed a lot of what I liked about the forum days of yesteryear...

I'm just getting back into constrictors after giving away a decent size collection about 15 years ago. I got in over my head. To many mouths to feed, too much dedicated space and not enough time or money. The whole thing shipped out in one night and suddenly I was just a dog guy again. So I'm not new to herps, just been on the sidelines for a while.

I decided I wanted another snake a while back and finally picked up a pastel BP a few weeks ago from a chain store locally. I've got it set up in a comfy little tank I modified just for the cute lil bugger. I found out fast that FB groups are not the place for me. So I figured I'd come scope some forums and landed here.

I am blown away by the changes since I got out of the hobby so long ago. I wasn't interest in BP's at all back then so I may be misremembering but it seems like there were only a handful of BP morphs. I know there were nothing compared to what there is now. I'm not even going to try to keep up with everything that is going on there. To be honest it seems like it's all gotten a bit out of control. Retics have gone haywire as well. I remember looking into them a while back and thinking a dwarf could be cool, but was quickly shut down by the prices. Now you can pick up SD's and SD/D crosses at reasonable prices all day long. And the morphs... Mind blowing. I was really doing my research and was actually down to a couple breeders until I got derailed two nights ago while things were slow at work....

Dwarf and Half Dwarf Burmese Pythons....... Do what now? My favorite snake, hands down, is now available fun sized? I can have a full grown female comfortably displayed (I'm no breeder and I hate tub rack systems) without taking up 24SqFt of my home? I'm not going to have to source out piglets and kid goats to keep it happy? Although to be honest I would like to feed a snake a pig just once to say I did. So now I'm on a quest. Sometime in 2018 I want to get a couple of half dwarf Burms.

I don't ever want to be feeding over a dozen snakes again. I don't want to dedicate that much space. But I can see myself getting a few medium size snakes. Who knows. In the mean time I'm gonna lurk around here and inject the occasional remark or opinion. Thanks for the fun hangout.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
Donald C
Nice to meet you Scott!
Welcome to Fauna, and welcome back to the hobby!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!