Inquiry Black Panther Zoological Supply - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
ChrisYoungBMR
Black Panther Zoological Supply

About a year ago, I started buying wholesale supplies from Black Panther Zoological Supply. The products are amazing, which is why I'm hesitant to make this a "bad guy" post and I would be interested in working with them again. In fact, that's my troubles. Their customer service is horrendous, their shipping is slow and rarely did I get everything I ordered. It would always be two weeks after the fact once I got my order that I would learn what I paid for wasn't in stock. They stopped all communications with me after they assured I'd get my $80 credit on moss and leaf litter that I never received. SO! Question is has anyone else had these problems or has been able to get a hold of them?

Chris Young

Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisYoungBMR View Post
They stopped all communications with me after they assured I'd get my $80 credit on moss and leaf litter that I never received.
How long ago was this? If more than 30 days I would request a refund. If you don't get a response in a few business days then start the chargeback process from your credit card company.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
ChrisYoungBMR
It has been well close to a year... I didn't push buttons then because I still wanted to continue to order from them. So I think that option flew out the window long ago.

Chris Young

Old 01-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
SiXandSeven8ths
Quote:
The products are amazing
Quote:
rarely did I get everything I ordered
How can the products be too good if you don't receive them?

Old 01-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
BlueCrowned
Well they didn't say they received nothing, just that their orders were short.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #6
bcr229
As of a few days ago they were still using this site:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=42666

Old 01-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #7
Herpin Man
Quote:
I didn't push buttons then because I still wanted to continue to order from them.
Chris, asking to receive the items that you paid for isn't pushing buttons.
Also, keep in mind that business people here generally need you (the consumer) more than you need them.
If a seller were so irrational as to refuse to sell to you, simply because you refused to pay for items that you didn't receive, would you really want to keep sending them your money anyway?

Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #8
ChrisYoungBMR
I agree! But I didn't want to try and have a forced refund through the credit card company. They said they would honor the money owed on my next order so I took that offer and attempted to make another order which was when I never heard back from them. At the time I thought everything was being handled between the two of us, apparently that wasn't the case.

As for their products, I did receive quite a bit of material from them. Their moss is beautiful and healthy, my geckos love the food and I have no real complaints about any of the products and neither do my customers. But every shipment there was a problem in addition to taking forever to get. I'd get the wrong products or not enough and sometimes none at all of what I ordered. With a $500 minimum order to get the price break my business demands, it starts to hurt when you have to not only wait to begin with but then wait to have it corrected. Up until my very last shipment everything had been made right in time and there was no loss to me other than time. My very last order was an absolute mess. It came in small shipments over a month period and I never received it all. They then informed me that I didn't receive everything because what I ordered wasn't in stock and I would have a credit on my next order for what I didn't get.

Chris Young

Old 01-13-2018, 12:24 AM   #9
tlmoon
Sounds like you were nice and gave them the benefit of the doubt. You were an excellent customer! And yet they don't seem to be repaying your patience very well. I would look for another supplier, but hopefully they will refund you or make good on what they still owe you.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #10
xPantherx
Hi Chris -

Please send us an email at info@bpzoological.com for us to sort this out ASAP. We would be more than happy to send along a refund or issue you a credit. Thank you so much for all your patience and our apologies for the inconvenience!

Kaiden

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!