Inquiry for Amy Caudill in Michigan (fireredchicky@aol.com) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Spitfire
Inquiry for Amy Caudill in Michigan (fireredchicky@aol.com)

I am just curious if anyone knows of Amy Caudill in Michigan. Her email addy is fireredchicky@aol.com. She is offering me some pythons I was looking for and just wanted to see if anyone knows who she is or has dealt with her before.
Thanks!

Old 05-03-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
Spitfire
Here's the details on the offer Amy Caudill gave me. She had two supposed female IJs that she bred that were also proven breeders. She wanted $350 for one and $460 for the other plus shipping and without providing pics. I explained that I would not be interested in such high priced animals unless I was able to see them first. So she finally sends me a pic of both females, complaining of how difficult it was to get the pics for me. They looked small to me in the pic and were not of the color or pattern that I felt warranted paying such high asking prices.

Then I find this ad on K-snake:
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=7&de=205203

This is the exact same pic as the one she sent me! And they're for only $100 each! And they're only feeding on small to medium mice! That's quite far from being of the size that is even close to breedable let alon already proven breeders!
And even if she bought them from this Keith person, she's attempting quite the markup! That's not neccesarily wrong as it is certainly a free and captilaisitc country but this entire dialogue I have had via email with Amy Caudill has been exceedingly fishy. She darted around specific questions I had asked more than once, never giving me answers.
I haven't neccesarily been ripped off by her but I fiugred this would be a bit of a heads up for anyone who may purchase from her in the future. Be careful! My conversations with her repeatedly did not add up!

Old 05-03-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
Spitfire
Wow! I never thought it would go like this!
Here's all of the emails we exchanged back and forth starting on Apr.30th to today, May 3rd.
It has been quite the experience to say the least.
Have a read.....

To: <yasser@spitfirereptiles.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:02 PM
Subject: Message about: Irian Jaya Carpets.adult females wanted!

Hi, my name is Amy and I am a reptile breeder from Michigan. I seen your
ad on how you are looking for a female adult Irian Jaya Carpet Python. I
currently have one left on site. She is very well taken care. I have never
bred her. She is tame and eats very well. I am not sure of her actual size.
She was born on site here on March 17th. Her name is Rubio. I also cannot
send pictures because I don't have a way to put them onto my computer. If
you are still interested, I am asking $450 for her.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or interest's.
Thank You,
Amy Caudill

Amy,
I would certainly be interested in her. But for the price you are asking,
pics definitely would be required here. Is there anything unusual about her
as far as pattern or color?
What year was she born? Can you give an approximate size?
If you have pics somewhere on the net already but not on your computer, you
could just send me the link to where they are uploaded. But if you have no
way of getting pics of her to me at all, then I will have to pass.
Just let me know.
Thanks for dropping me a line.

-Yasser
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

Original Message -----
To: yasser@spitfirereptiles.com
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: Message about: Irian Jaya Carpets.adult females wanted!

I went out and got the thingy so I could send you a pic. I will tell you later how big they. I forgot to

get the size. Both in the pics are females. I just got the other one in today. Both are proven breeders.

Are one of the snakes pictured the one you are asking $450 for? If so, which one is it?
They don't look very big at all. You said earlier that you bred the first one. Which one is that?
Whom did you get them from? The info you have provided is very confusing.
Do you have any other pics of these two?

-Yasser

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 7:59 PM
Subject: Irian Jaya

I was wondering if you are still interested in the Irian Jaya or do I have to find someone else? I will
e-mail you tomorrow and let you know the sizes of them.

Well I will have to probably pass. This is based on the fact that you still have not given me any idea

of their size (not even a guess), even something in the pic for comparison. They look quite small and

thin to me. Also, you never answered my questions as to how old they are or where you or your aunt got

them from. And to be honest, I see nothing unusual about the two in the picure that would warrant paying

the prices you are asking. Most adult IJs go for $150-225 each especially if they are normal in

appearance like yours. I so far have been offered 2 large adult female normals more moderately priced for

$150 and $200 each. I must say this entire email dialogue has been a strange one. I guess you should

probably find someone else.
Thanks for your effort with the pic.

-Yasser
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAY 3

Amy,
Or are you Keith? Or did you just buy these from Keith?
If so, how could you say you bred them? I just came across this ad with the same exact pic you sent me. Here's the pic you provided:

This ad (http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=7&de=205203) has these snakes for only $100 each.
If they are eating small to medium mice, they are still quite far from being breedable let alone already
proven breeders!

And you wanted $350 and $460 each?!!!
If you bought them for that price from "Keith" then you are attempting quite the markup!

You've been shady from the getgo and my find just proves it.
I am no idiot and prefer not to be treated like one.

-Yasser
www.spitfirereptiles.com

Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: Irian Jaya

FIRST OF ALL, MY NAME IS NOT KEITH! IT IS AMY! SECOND OF ALL, THAT IS NOT THE SAME PICTURE! THESE SNAKES

ARE EATING MEDIUM SIZED RATS! AND THAT PRICE IS WHAT ANOTHER BREEDER SAID TO PUT. I WAS NEVER GOING TO

SELL THEM AND SINCE I STARTED RUNNING OUT OF ROOM, I HAD TO. SO I DON'T THINK THAT YOU NEED TO BE GOING

ALL HOSTILE ON ME FOR NOTHING! I AM SORRY THAT I DON' T KNOW THE ACTUAL PRICE FOR THEM! I NEVER CHECKED

UP ON IT. I ASKED ANOTHER BREEDER WHAT THE PRICE WOULD BE IF I DECIDED TO SELL THEM AND THAT IS WHAT HE

TOLD ME. MY AUNT GAVE ME BOTH OF THEM. I NEVER ASKED HER WHAT SHE PAID BECAUSE THAT IS NONE OF MY

BUSINESS. AND I WAS NEVER TRYING TO TREAT YOU LIKE AN IDIOT. I DIDN'T KNOW. LIKE I SAID, I WAS NEVER

GOING TO SELL THEM AND DID NOT KNOW THE PRICE. THE GUY THAT TOLD ME THOSE PRICES IS A GUY NAMED JOEY

LLOYDER. AND NOW THAT I KNOW, I WILL BRING THE PRICE DOWN TO $85. WILL THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY. SO NOW MAYBE

YOU WILL STOP TREATING ME LIKE THE IDIOT. I ALSO DON'T LIKE ALL THIS RACIST TENSION THAT I AM FEELING

FROM YOU. I AM SORRY THAT NOT ALL MEXICANS ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. THAT WERE NOT AS SMART

AS YOU AMERICANS ARE. SO YOUR NOT THE IDIOT. I AM BECAUSE I'M MEXICAN. SO NEXT TIME YOU DECIDED TO E-MAIL

ME AGAIN, IT BETTER NOT BE WITH ANYMORE INSULTS, BUT INSTEAD WITH AN APPOLGY FOR INSULTING ME. AS FOR

JOEY LLOYED, I WILL CALL HIM AS SOON AS I SEND THIS AND SAY SOMETHING TO HIM. SO I AM SORRY THAT I DID

NOT KNOW AND YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT I AM TREATING YOU LIKE AN IDIOT, WHEN IT'S ME WHO REALLY IS THE IDIOT

BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. HOW ABOUT WE DO THIS, YOU CAN HAVE THE SNAKES FOR FREE. I'LL EVEN PAY FOR THE

SHIPPING AS WELL. SINCE YOU WANT TO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT SOMETHING FOR STUPID WHEN I JUST TOLD YOU THAT

I DID NOT KNOW. SO I NEED YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS SO I CAN SEND THE SNAKES TO YOU SO YOU WILL GET OFF MY

BACK ABOUT ALL OF THIS.

FROM YASSER TO AMY

"THAT IS NOT THE SAME PICTURE!"
Both pics in question are attached....they look the same to me!

"THESE SNAKES ARE EATING MEDIUM SIZED RATS!"
Well considering they are the same snake that "keith" is selling, I would venture to guess he is correct

is stating they eat mice. They certainly look too small to eat medium rats.

"AND THAT PRICE IS WHAT ANOTHER BREEDER SAID TO PUT"
If they are your snakes that you supposedly bred, I think you'd know what they are worth....why listen to

another breeder if you are a breeder yourself?

"MY AUNT GAVE ME BOTH OF THEM"
In a prior email, you saif that you had produced them....which is it? You or your aunt?

"I ALSO DON'T LIKE ALL THIS RACIST TENSION THAT I AM FEELING FROM YOU. I AM SORRY THAT NOT ALL MEXICANS

ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. THAT WERE NOT AS SMART AS YOU AMERICANS ARE. SO YOUR NOT THE IDIOT.

I AM BECAUSE I'M MEXICAN."
I never once said anything about your race! I never knew you were mexican until now! Are you crazy?

Look at my name!!!Do you think I have any room to be racist?! My family is not even American!!!Never in

my life have I been called racist! Where the hell are you coming from?! And for the record, I never

stated anything about your level of intelligence! I am just beginnignt o wonder if you are truly crazy

now however as some of these comments are coming out of nowhere with no basis at all!!!

"AND NOW THAT I KNOW, I WILL BRING THE PRICE DOWN TO $85."
I wouldn't send a dime to you after all of this.

"SO NEXT TIME YOU DECIDED TO E-MAIL ME AGAIN, IT BETTER NOT BE WITH ANYMORE INSULTS, BUT INSTEAD WITH AN

APPOLGY FOR INSULTING ME"
I never insulted you with any names, assumptions or anything of the sort so I have no need to apologize

to you.

"HOW ABOUT WE DO THIS, YOU CAN HAVE THE SNAKES FOR FREE. I'LL EVEN PAY FOR THE SHIPPING AS WELL. SINCE

YOU WANT TO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT SOMETHING FOR STUPID WHEN I JUST TOLD YOU THAT I DID NOT KNOW. SO I

NEED YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS SO I CAN SEND THE SNAKES TO YOU SO YOU WILL GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT ALL OF THIS.

"
You are too funny. Being that these snakes are not even yours (but then again we never got to the bottom

of that either) I seriously doubt you will send me anything for free. I don't want them anyway for any

price. It is simply a matter of fact that you did not answer my questions when I asked you repeatedly

that made me question you honesty. Finding someone else in your state named Keith with the SAME EXACT

picture that you sent me just sealed my thoughts about you. You are not to be trusted and therefore I

want nothing to do with you or your animals.
Good day.

-Yasser

Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 3:52 PM

I don't think that you sould be talking to me that way. And as I said before.. I just had someone close

to me pass away and therefore my thoughts are a little mixed up right now. But I guess you can't

understand that. You probably have no feelings anyway. You are just to self centered to care about

anything. Well from what I can see. And I do not know anyone named Keith. I told you that. I don't even

know anyone that has the first name that starts with a K. I'm also glad that you don't want anything to

do with me or my animals. You don't even know me to trust me.

So once again you are dodging my questions....
You are not going to tell me why those two pics are exactly the same?
And you are right, I do not even know you to trust you. It is your job as a seller to make the buyer

feel like you can be trusted.
Sending me pics of other people's snakes makes me not trust you.
If you were so worried about your friend passing away, I would think your thoughts would be there and not

on trying to sell some snakes in the same day.

-Yasser

Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 4:04 PM

I'm sorry that I also have to get my job done and I looked at those pictures and they are not the same..

And I tired to make you trust me.. But you are too self centerd to trust anyone by the way it seems. So

please stop e-mailing me now.. I don't want to talk with you anymore.. Find someone else to bother

now....

Sounds good to me.

-Yasser

So long story short, this has been quite the interesting conversation. I found out that I am racist and self centered.
At least I know I am not gullible too.

-Yasser

Old 05-03-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Tom C
lmao

That was the most rediculous thing I have read in awhile,these thiefs keep getting dumber and dumber by the day...
Thanks for the future heads up..

Tom C

Old 05-04-2004, 12:24 AM   #5
GinoInDaBronx
too funny!

hey guys,

yasser, thanks for the tip. what a moron this person
is! she makes jesse underhill look like einstein! i am
sorry that you had to put up with her drivel.

you should send her the link to this thread. i have
the distinct feeling that others on the BOI (myself,
for one) will be nowhere near as patient with her
as you were.

sincerely,

gino 'in da bronx' beniquez

ps-i know that there is one notorious 'very bad guy' in
michigan. now, my memory is failing me, but i am
fairly certain that his name was robert something...
does anyone think that this could be him?b

Old 05-04-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
Spitfire
Although I was called a few names, that botghered me very little.
This actualy was even just a tad bit amusing to actually be called racist and self centered. And to see her delude herself into thinking those two pictures are not the same was just mind boggling. It wasn't that I had patience for her and her comments but moreso that I wanted to point out that she was not going to pull a fast one on me by stealing someone else's pic. I felt it had to be pointed out to her that she was caught making a big no-no.

BTW, Gino, if you happen to remember that persons' name that's also in MI, please let me know.

-Yasser

Old 05-04-2004, 11:41 AM   #7
craig kade
I think it was bob carr, but don't kill me if I am wrong

Old 05-04-2004, 11:46 AM   #8
Tom C
psycho!!

I e-mailed her the link to this thread last night so she could defend herself, if needed
Here is the reply I got this morning, from her supposive daughter..

Quote:
Please don't e-mail this e-mail address. Expecially with something that say's theif. This is not Amy. This is her daughter. My mom passed away last night in a car accident. So please, never again send rude messages to this e-mail address.
Thank You,
Jasmin Caudill
Amy, you win the Norman Bates award.

Tom C

Old 05-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #9
beakgeek
LMAO - I'll bet she will be revived from the dead before we know it.

Old 05-04-2004, 12:08 PM   #10
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
She is either psychotic or 12 years old~

Either way I suggest you block her e-mail addy and try not to encourage to make an even bigger spectacle of herself!

Thanks for the heads up~ I won't be answering any adds from her!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!