Bad Guy SIMPLY VIVID WARNING DO NOT BUY HOGS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Justin Mitcham
SIMPLY VIVID WARNING DO NOT BUY HOGS

This will be short and sweet.
A couple weeks ago Hurricane Ike collided with Texas. My 1st cousin and his wife who own Simply Vivid Reptiles lost there job and needed financial help.
Due to the storm and changing business ambitions they decided to sell off there collection. As our partnership terms stated if he ever sold off his part I would buy the animals for a reasonable negotiated price. He made me an offer I accepted the offer.
Afterwards for no reason David Threatened to sell the animals to my competitors. I overlooked the threat and reassured him that I was buying the animals ( this threat coming from someone I grew up with hurt bad )
yesterday my wife called via cell phone to let Danielle (David's wife) know what time to be expecting us and everything was great.
Today I get an email stating that he intends on selling the animals to someone else after I have sold off parts of my collection etc..
Tomorrow for business reasons I will be filing a injunction to prevent the sale of the animals as well as a lawsuit to settle this in court.
Anyone who buys these animals in the meantime can bank on hearing from my Attorney.
My own family has stabbed me in the back for no reason after requesting my help to desperately get them out of a situation.
If you know of anyone buying a large hognose collection you may want to email them this thread and warning.
Because of pending litigation I will not respond or make any further post here!!
Best Regards,
Justin Mitcham
ExtremeHogs.com

Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
Is this really real

and pray tell, what does this have to do with Reptiles? I think some kind of therapy is in order here.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham View Post
This will be short and sweet.
A couple weeks ago Hurricane Ike collided with Texas. My 1st cousin and his wife who own Simply Vivid Reptiles lost there job and needed financial help.
Due to the storm and changing business ambitions they decided to sell off there collection. As our partnership terms stated if he ever sold off his part I would buy the animals for a reasonable negotiated price. He made me an offer I accepted the offer.
Afterwards for no reason David Threatened to sell the animals to my competitors. I overlooked the threat and reassured him that I was buying the animals ( this threat coming from someone I grew up with hurt bad )
yesterday my wife called via cell phone to let Danielle (David's wife) know what time to be expecting us and everything was great.
Today I get an email stating that he intends on selling the animals to someone else after I have sold off parts of my collection etc..
Tomorrow for business reasons I will be filing a injunction to prevent the sale of the animals as well as a lawsuit to settle this in court.
Anyone who buys these animals in the meantime can bank on hearing from my Attorney.
My own family has stabbed me in the back for no reason after requesting my help to desperately get them out of a situation.
If you know of anyone buying a large hognose collection you may want to email them this thread and warning.
Because of pending litigation I will not respond or make any further post here!!
Best Regards,
Justin Mitcham
ExtremeHogs.com
This is an interesting post. You have announced that someone you claim is your partner has voiced intentions of selling his collection after a disaster left him in need of funds for his family.

You say he has chosen to sell elsewhere in derogation of an agreement which you have neither published nor proven. Further, you include no emails or details/proof of the offer /acceptance and in fact no reasons for WHY he is selling elsewhere. Why did he decide not to sell to you, Justin?

You seem to be warning off potential buyers, but at this point I don't see that you can prevent those sales. I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
lanceheads
I agree with Lucille. Justin, name names and tell us what the collection consists of.
I have an upcoming show in San Antonio and I would want to know who is selling such a collection.

Randal

Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
KelliH
Quote:
Suing family because he decided not to sell you some snakes? Sounds like a personal problem to me. How about you post a copy of your partnership terms?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham View Post
Your attorney can do nothing to a purchaser at this particular point. If you have a problem with the present owner of the snakes, (and you have provided zilch proof) you can take it up with him, but it looks like you are simply trying to prevent a sale.

I went through Ike and I can uderstand how they might need funds, the hurricane did massive damage. I personally feel that this vague attempt of yours to prevent a man from selling his collection so he can have money for his family is not seemly.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
Wolfy-hound
Without a contract stating that he is selling you the collection for $xx on XX date, I'm not sure you'd have a case.
Since he owns the snakes until they are sold, I don't see why he is not legally able to sell them to whoever he likes.
JMHO, I'm no lawyer in Texas.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #8
Jodi L Aherns
Justin,You are a huge A$$ if you are suing after what they went through with Ike.You seem high and mighty so why don't you man up a lend them some cash to get back on there feet?

After reading this i will NEVER buy hogs from you.People like you should go F themselves.Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:07 AM   #9
nickstone
Are the animals in this ad from KS the ones in question?
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=6&de=634855

Here's a link to the pics of them from the ad too.
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20for%20sale/

Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
KelliH
Yes, that's them. I wish I had the money to buy them, I would.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!