Bad Guy Jon Levey owner of Jon's Jungle - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 AM   #21
Royal Morphz
Oh Dennis you are the man I knew I wasn't crazy that just makes him seem worse for even saying it but it could have been a mistake which he did say when I offered to send the difference

Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #22
KNOBTAIL
Unhappy Jon is nothing more than a

broker. Flipper, dipper, he may have some herps and then again he may not.. It the old Hank Molt inventory. EVERYBODY ELSES I really dont care just as long as he comes through with what he is advertising and acts in a business like fashion.

His poor business skills which has always included a "an I dont give a dam attitude" becomes the result of his ability to get the money upfront in such a way as to prevent anyone from protecting there own assets if a claim has to be filed.. Sending money the way Jon requested is like sending it via Western Union.. No recourse.

I am not suggesting that you would get ripped off, but my experience with him and it was only 1, was that he seems to do things at his leisure rather than accommodate the buyer... Be glad he decided not to go on vacation !

Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #23
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
... Be glad he decided not to go on vacation !
Well, since you mentioned it.....

Quote:
At 212 p.m. Jon called and explained he had taken his wife out of town on a mini vacation and that he had a big day on Tuesday April 14th as it was the day he was meeting with his tax preparer and would be spending the whole day on Tuesday with him. He said he would gladly hang out on Wednesday April the 15th if I wanted to still come down, but he could definitely send the snake out on Tuesday the 14th for a Wednesday the 15th delivery. So I agreed to that and let him get back to his vacation.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #24
Royal Morphz
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
Well, since you mentioned it.....

Mike your crazy lol I hadn't had a chance to post that but glad someone caught it lol

Old 04-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #25
MRoberson
Hey Tim,
I'm kind of surprised by this thread. I thought everything was all good in the end and you needed to get out of Vegas for the day, but I guess I was wrong. I'll give you a call later.

Matt

BTW I don't know who gave you your information about Jon not being a breeder. He's out produced me every year for the last 5 years.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #26
Royal Morphz
I never said he wasn't a breeder Matt I said he doesn't always have the animal that he has listed for sale(in its self not a bad thing, if the buyer knows this up front before buying). As far as this being a surprise. If you had purchased a animal that was expensive to you and then had delay after delay after delay with very little explanation wouldn't you want to tell your friends about it. See Matt I don't have a problem with not one animal that i have ever gotten form Jon. But let me count 6 of them came from you. I love every animal he has sold me including this Ivory who just ate a big meal on Monday. Jon just dropped the ball on this one. Maybe him thinking I was "just 1 of the guy" made him feel a little lax in getting me my animal or maybe it was because he had to get it shipped to him. I don't know because I am not him and he hasn't even logged in to tell his side of this story. I don't think I am bashing him I think I am informing people that hey Jon delayed shipping my animal causing me to have to drive an go get it cause who knows how long I would have waited til I finally got it. Go back to Jon's many threads and see how many times I was upset, never I praised him. So to put it out there again this thread was started because of the long delay with no explanation of why and not the animal which is a fine specimen in fact here is a picture of her

Old 04-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #27
leezard
I see it as: the snake should have been shipped on Tuesday, April 7th, but by the 8th there was still no word.

Ends up there was NO shipment and buyer had to not only travel to pick up the snake 8 days after, no discount for the promised of "$1100 shipped" AND had to buy the seller lunch.

Pretty poor PR in my opinion. I'd be an unhappy customer, too. If you can't ship right away, communicate this -- it'll save alot of frustration and waiting!!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #28
MRoberson
Tim,
In your first post, you say it is a well known fact that Jon started breeding balls this season. (If I was computer smart I'd use the quote thing now) Thats just not true. I am sorry that you feel you got screwed on this deal.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #29
ColinWeaver
The ultimate point here is that whether you're Pete Kahl, Brian Barczyk, Tracy Barker, Ian Gniazdowski, John Levey, or Bubba, the first time breeder, you need to send an animal when it's paid for. Unless it's pre-arranged the only realistic thing that should prevent the animal from being shipped (with haste) is weather.

Tim is being decidedly cool about this. He bought an animal in good faith, paid for it up front (which is the norm) and then got jerked around. He has a right to be pissed. I would be. He's not dogging out the quality of the animal or the price; only the manner in which the transaction was conducted.

I looked at John's price list after reading this post. I think his prices are pretty good. I went there thinking he was going to be a low-baller but he doesn't appear to be so. He is asking fair money for many of the animals (even though his Genetic Stripes are way too cheap but that's a much longer story that's not John's fault).

The "suck-factor" for John Levey is that because I don't know him this scares me away from him. I buy a lot of high-end balls. John has a good selection on his site (regardless of whether or not he's a flipper). I'd be interested in buying some of them but now that I get the vibe that I'll get the runaround on shipping I'm saying, 'never mind.' There are other people who have the same stuff. I live in Virginia. Swinging by John's place (which is how this situation got resolved) if he's being slow about shipping an animal isn't really an option.

If Tim's story is slanted then John should defend himself. His lack of a response only lends credibility to Tim's version of the story. But many breeders, flippers, whatever they are don't care about these forums or what is said about them on them. I care because people tend to believe what they read/hear.

Colin Weaver

Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
Royal Morphz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoberson View Post
Tim,
In your first post, you say it is a well known fact that Jon started breeding balls this season. (If I was computer smart I'd use the quote thing now) Thats just not true. I am sorry that you feel you got screwed on this deal.
Its the little quote button in the thread you want to quote Matt. You are right He may have been breeder BP's for quite awhile but nobody I know has any knowledge of it. So if I'm wrong in that fact I will say it. Matt I don't think I was screwed in this deal I think Jon just needs to step up his communication and keep in constant contact with the buyer when there are delays. I don't think it is the buyers job to bug the crap out of a seller to get info. Matt I don't have any ill will towards Jon but I do urge anyone doing business with Jon to have email contact for paper trail, pay only with a way that you could get your money back if you wanted I.E. paypal and Credit Cards, and to ask for pictures of the animal with Jon holding it. See the problem with getting a Ball Python from a middleman is that most times the animal will come from someplace else so the Middleman doesn't have the basic info ( what prey item, what kinda bedding) Also if said animal is shit on arrival you have to deal with the middleman and he then has to deal with the supplier its a ugly circle.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jon levey, jon's jungle, jonsjungle.com, levey