Bad Guy Jon Levey owner of Jon's Jungle - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
Royal Morphz
Guys I think Colin put it best in his last post. This thread was not started because of the animals Jon sells it was post on his customer service, shipping, and communication. Who hear hasn't sold an animal that they didn't produce<raises hand, and not only that but who hear hasn't bought a animal from someone that didn't produce it. There is a huge field of people that need a wholesaler. Do you think all the big names sell all there animals........ no most(I say this cause i don't know everyone) sell to people like Jon they have the money and its a quick sale. There is nothing wrong with a wholesaler and believe me I don't doubt that any wholesaler out there wouldn't take care of sick snake or unhappy customer. Lets just keep it in the understanding that this is about Jon's customer service. It's been brought up to me that Jon was my friend and he thought I was part of the"West Coast" circle. I feel flattered cause I'm just a beginner no matter how long I've been around. I've never seen a snake room smaller and less filled than mine. Just keep in mind what this thread was started for.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #32
VerticalReptiles
I just bought a snake from Jon. He is very short and gives no information. I asked a few questions about the animal and his reply was (have someone else interested, whats the deal?). I was just trying to find out the history of the animal. I bought the animal and he shipped Monday, but fed Ex screwed up the shipment sending the wrong box to a different customer. Fed Ex corrected the problem and changed the shipping before they arrived wrong. I called Jon with no answer. He later called back to find out about the snake. I gave him the information and he said he would call back. Later that evening no call. I called him several times and left voice messages with no reply, so after reading this thread I text Jon on the same number. He replied instantly saying he would call the me the next day. I sent another text asking when I would get the animal with no reply. The snake arrived today in great shape and the heat pack still warm. I will not do business with Jon again simply because of communication. If I'm buying $1000 dollar animals he should at least stay in contact or answer a phone call or two. Again.....The animal was exactly as posted, I'm just saying if you do business with Jon don't expect any Communication.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #33
jonsjungle
Who's the bad guy?

I don't even know where to begin.....we initially worked out a deal where you walked away with your animals and I had to wait for mine to be shipped from you. This is something I never do. I believe the last animal you purchased, a bumble bee female, you also took and the PayPal transaction was still pending.
I never once questioned you about this.

As far as your Ivory female goes, you paid in the later part of the week. I had plans the rest of the week and informed you on a DAILY basis what the shipping date would be. We ship when we want to, based on weather and our shipping schedule. You told me you had just lost your pizza delivery job and were very bummed and just needed a break from Vegas, reminding me you were newly married.

I have a very busy schedule and I don't normally choose to meet clients during the week. I agreed to meet you after you said you needed to come to Southern California to see friends and breeding partners. You insisted on buying lunch after recently discovering it would be a write off for you.
Lunch was $15.00.

What I can't believe is that you actually started a thread over something so ridiculous. Do you not have anything better to do?
We should all be writing our congressman and praying HR669 never comes to fruition.

This will be my only my only response to this thread. It is interesting that we contacted you this morning and you never responded. We would never handle any customer or situation in this manner. We are always available.
Anyone can contact us anytime.

Jon's Jungle
949.388.7528 Cell: 949.887.7972
Fax: 949.388.7528
info@jonsjungle.com

Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #34
Royal Morphz
Hmmmmm how can Monday be later in the week that when I sent the money I will have the screen shot of my bank statement proving that tonight and as far as communication your flat out lying.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #35
Royal Morphz
here are those screenshots showing I direct deposited the funds on the 6th of April which was Monday

Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #36
Royal Morphz
I guess I just don't take being called a liar lightly so Jon come back and explain why Monday is to late in the week to receive my money and not ship!!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #37
Russ Bates
$1000 Snake Purchase

Let me just say that what I'm about to post may not hold true for some of the big guys in this hobby but should IMO:

When you are paying $1000 for a snake there is an expectation that the seller is going to treat you well, speak with you about the purchase, and most importantly send you the animal at the very first opportunity. If the latter is not going to be the "rule" that needs to be discussed and agreed to before any money changes hand. Sending money....especially $1000.....and then finding out about all the reasons why someone can't ship is a bunch of BULLSHEET!

Russ Bates

Old 04-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #38
Skitals
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsjungle View Post
What I can't believe is that you actually started a thread over something so ridiculous. Do you not have anything better to do?
We should all be writing our congressman and praying HR669 never comes to fruition.
An industry full of flippers kinda makes me hope HR669 is passed, for the sake of the animals.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #39
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitals View Post
An industry full of flippers kinda makes me hope HR669 is passed, for the sake of the animals.
Yeah, we should throw the baby out with the bathwater...makes sense, overcorrection...we should probably take away cars too because most people speed and the drunk drivers and people die...good point, well thought out.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #40
Skitals
Take everything you read literally... yeah, good point.

Of course I don't want the legislation to pass. But I'm certainly not writing letters for the sake of all the scum in the business that might be out of jobs. Good guys I'm all for

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jon levey, jon's jungle, jonsjungle.com, levey