Bad Guy Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #91
LauraB
Quote:
All I can do is ask Rich to send Harald a copy of his ID.
All this "I will ask Rich", "I will see if Rich", "I will tell Rich" really comes off like you are Rich's mouthpiece and battle-fighter (or alter-ego even).

How about you stop asking, telling, seeing and doing for Rich. He's a grown man, correct? He can read and write, correct? He has at least one computer of his own, correct? He has an account here and knows how to log on, read and comprehend, correct?

That being the case, he can speak for himself, act for himself and do for himself. Why does he need you to keep asking, telling, relating everything to him? Certainly makes one wonder.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #92
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Reptiles View Post
Do you work Chuck?
Retired.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #93
critical bill
Swear to god that it seems like Barry is Dan Scolaro's twin.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #94
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
I hope KS comes after you for defamation of character. The post you have written about them could cost them a ton of money.
Interesting opinion. But, if the OP did have his account banned for the reason stated (and, acknowledging the concern expressed here, is who he says he is), then it is a legitimate complaint. It is also a complaint that has been made here before by others. Should KS also go after those other people that were banned for defamation of character? What if it turns out that a genteman named Rich Montoya DID initiate this thread, after being unfairly banned by KS? Should they still go after him?

Chuck, let's leave Dan in his own threads, okay?

Old 10-31-2009, 12:31 AM   #95
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
Hi,

I just joined up with KS about two months ago. It took me an add or two to figure out how to correctly post, but I was very happy with their website and services. I would use them again for sure. I know that everyone I have talked to in the reptile hobby loves to use them as well. I am sorry you did not have a good experience but it looks like you a fraudulent individual and got caught in a massive lie. I hope KS comes after you for defamation of character. The post you have written about them could cost them a ton of money.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
Sorry, but by your own admission you "just joined up with KS about two months ago" and therefore are probably not that well informed about the issues with the site. Also you calling the OP "fraudulent" is just as defamatory as perhaps the OP's post unless of course if the story turns out to be true in which case you would be the only one defaming anyone. Perhaps you should wait until all the information is provided before you launch your crusade which might end up with you putting your foot in your mouth.

The big issue here is not so much whether the incident the OP describes really could happen since I'm sure if you look around and not necessarily too hard enough you will find more than one person who's had problems with Jeff Barringer and how KS seems to selectively enforce it's TOS and in sometimes rather interesting manners. The issue at hand is whether the OP really exist and all these coincidences really are just that. If Rich really exist his story really isn't that hard to believe given KS's track record.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #96
ThunderPaws
OK,

I owe this guy a major apology after he proves out all the names. I know we should have some good evidence by Monday proving all his names are not one person. Also I have been using KS for over about three years now, and I have never had a problem buying or selling a snake there. Just the selling is more recent. Last I checked it is a website that you may use if you like. I did not feel forced to use them at all. I just knew there would not be a better site to buy or sell a snake for me personally. Again, I can't wait to apologize. I definitely rushed to judgement because of the previous posts. If the moderator is bothered by this than that it is good enough for me. I again await the evidence proving the names to be all separate. And I will post a major apology.

Regards,
Bill Rubin

Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #97
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaciousboas View Post
First off Barry you just got F#$%. Crazy computer geeks and there IP adress searches. Secondly I happen to be a good friend of barry's and I will tell you all he is a very honorable stand up guy. The reason he was banned from Kingsnake was not because he did something shady or rip someone off. He was banned because of something that happened years prior to him being kicked off. It seems that kingsnake might even go as far as kicking you off for having unpaid parking tickets. For barry's privacy I will not go into details about what happened, But its unjustified and fueled by a napoleon complex.
I try not to get caught up in drama, but when a guy who is actually very reasonable and fair and runs a legit operation is getting called "scum" Just because he is trying to bamboozle a reptile web site I will chime in. Just remember this is not watergate! And before you label someone A fraud or a crook, Look at his track record... Barry has some of the nicest turtles/tortoises in CA. He has sold hundreds of animals to very satisfied customers. He stands behind and guarantees all his animals.
Matt Thaoms
Barry was banned from KS for helping to smuggle turtles along with several other folks. They were busted by federal authorities. That is all publicly known information. Jeff has also been public on his stance that anyone caught doing/convicted of such things were NOT going to be allowed back on his site. It's fairly obvious that this guy's association with barry could be reasonably seen as barry using him as a middle man to try to sell animals on ks as a means to circumvent his ban especially when both folks are using the same IP address. It's easy to look up IPs in KS ads if you know where to look.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/cac/pres...r2007/067.html

http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/lo...hp?t50790.html

Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #98
ThunderPaws
Houston,

I believe we are a for a full go ignition boosters its a go.

Bill Rubin

Old 10-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #99
nixer
this has to officially be the dumbest thread i have ever seen on the BOI.
i have never seen so much bs that some wish to make as proof.

grow up! we have all seen many many posts on multiple forums about KS and we have seen what goes on PERIOD.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:59 PM   #100
ThunderPaws
Yes,

It is obvious to me that many people have a beef with KS. Is it because they are number 1 or is there really a problem? It is laughable to me too. Everyone I have dealt with seems to like using KS. I get it. Some people want to start another web site to compete with KS. And then that will become the number 1 web site and everyone can go bash that one too. The only thing I see is a bunch of crooks that like to prey on our hobby, and sites like KS will not let it happen there. I commend them. Thank you very much for keeping the garbage out. This guy has had two days to prove out his names....How many more days are required....Tick Tock Tick Tock.....The clock is running......

Regards to the honest people,

Bill Rubin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!