Bad Guy Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #81
Spectrum Reptiles
Well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
One thing I feel is very important to address is the matter of credibility. Sure, we can attack Rick/Barry all day, but it's important for the readers to know why. Many here are not huge fans of KS.com, but Rich came here with a complaint, and posted publicly. If he turns out to be lying about his very identity, his entire account of what happened and why is suspect, and can be taken with a grain of salt.
Mike,

I will do what I can to get some sort of ID posted up for Rich but I can't force him to do that. I work with high end turtles and tortoises and I'm not on here to argue with you guys. I'm married, 3 kids, self employed and don't have much energy to spend on arguing about whether someone is real or not. You need to realize that on the flip side, I'm totally worn out from trying to validate & defend from some of the wolves on here. I understand everyone want's "proof", but in this case all everyone has done is scare a newbie with all this.

I talked to him from home yesterday and told him to get online and say something from HIS house which he did. As for different logon times, I would logon almost every 5 min yesterday because I kept getting an email to my phone that someone posted something and so I went to my computer to see what someone said. I'm not VERY computer savy, but Rich even laughed when I spoke to him on the phone and said something about us both needing to be signed on at the same time so that everyone can see we are different people with different IP addresses. Obviously, we are not big fans of KS either and to come to Fauna to be beat up over this when Rich and I are two separate people doesn't make either of us feel welcome especially when we both have been banned from KS. Fauna should always make their visitors feel a little more welcome and not be made to feel attacked. This should be a safe haven for the "KS banned". Ya know? I have not caught myself in any lie. Matt from Bodacious Boas can vouch for us being two separate people and hell, I even told Chuck(the biggest thorn) that I'd even buy the beers if he came to San Diego!!! How much nicer can I be?? Anyway, in short, I'll try and get Rich to post something showing him as a REAL person. If I can just make one lasting impression and that is to make the banned from KS people more welcome here. It's the only thing that is going to draw people to Fauna and away from KS's BS and politics.

Barry

Barry

Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #82
Kaminoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Reptiles View Post
I talked to him from home yesterday and told him to get online and say something from HIS house which he did. As for different logon times, I would logon almost every 5 min yesterday because I kept getting an email to my phone that someone posted something and so I went to my computer to see what someone said.
I wasn't talking about logon times, I was talking about post times. If a mod or someone can check logon/logoff records, it might prove the situation one way or another. If Spectrum Reptiles logged on, posted, logged off, and then RMreps logged on and posted, all in the space of 8 mins.. then it would be almost certain that the two are the same. If Spectrum Reptiles logged on and posted and RMreps was logged on at the same time from a different ip address while posting, it would suggest that they are two people, though still it wouldn't prove that you didn't call some person you know that isn't Rich and have them login and post for you. But, it would be a start. If a moderator can verify any of this.. can they?

If what you say is true and you are two different people, I'm sorry, but your in a rough spot now as far as proving it via posting messages. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just the truth, and if you are really two different people it is unfortunate. I can think of any number of ways to fabricate proof by means of posting. If I were in that position, and I were lying, I would prewrite a very long post by "Rich" and email it to a friend. Then I would write a long post on my own account, and coordinate with the friend to log in to the Rich account so we can both post the messages at or near the same time. They would be at the same time, from different ips, and too long to be written back to back unless they were written ahead of time... would look convincing, but it would still be a lie.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #83
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaminoke View Post
I wasn't talking about logon times, I was talking about post times. If a mod or someone can check logon/logoff records, it might prove the situation one way or another. If Spectrum Reptiles logged on, posted, logged off, and then RMreps logged on and posted, all in the space of 8 mins.. then it would be almost certain that the two are the same. If Spectrum Reptiles logged on and posted and RMreps was logged on at the same time from a different ip address while posting, it would suggest that they are two people, though still it wouldn't prove that you didn't call some person you know that isn't Rich and have them login and post for you. But, it would be a start. If a moderator can verify any of this.. can they?

If what you say is true and you are two different people, I'm sorry, but your in a rough spot now as far as proving it via posting messages. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just the truth, and if you are really two different people it is unfortunate. I can think of any number of ways to fabricate proof by means of posting. If I were in that position, and I were lying, I would prewrite a very long post by "Rich" and email it to a friend. Then I would write a long post on my own account, and coordinate with the friend to log in to the Rich account so we can both post the messages at or near the same time. They would be at the same time, from different ips, and too long to be written back to back unless they were written ahead of time... would look convincing, but it would still be a lie.
Amanda...Relax. We are not talking a homeland security issue here. It's not even about someone getting screwed out of animals. I've already spoke with Harald(moderator) here on the forum and he offered a VERY good idea and that is to have Rich email him some ID to verify he is REAL. I'll work on that over the weekend and if Harald gets it, he can get on the thread and tell everyone that in fact Rich is REAL..Woo hoo!!

For everyone on this thread and on a lighter note, if you care to view KS homepage, they have a video of some Impressed Tortoises I used to have and made a YouTube video. KS bans me, but isn't too proud to use my video of a rare species and use it on their home page......Love it!! ha ha....See the abuse I put up with?? HA HA

Barry

Old 10-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #84
ToshaMc
Well it does seem like there is question as to whether this Rich guy is real or not and whether these were really his animals he was selling. So the banning does seem justified. As well if you read the TOS on KS when you signed up you know if caught doing this you'd forfeit payment. If you can prove the animals are yours then they'd might give you your account back -- do you have a paypal or credit card transaction you could provide as proof of purchase?

If you are Barry - it's not like you'd be the first person to use a friend or wife or someone elses name to sell your animals after being banned. Personally I'd rather see proof of the sale than an ID - cause if you had half a brain you'd use a name of someone you knew you would have access to their ID if you needed it.

Just my two cents.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #85
critical bill
Quote:
I've already spoke with Harald(moderator) here on the forum and he offered a VERY good idea and that is to have Rich email him some ID to verify he is REAL. I'll work on that over the weekend
There you go again.

If you're not Rich then why do you need to work on that?

All you have to do is email or call Rich and tell him what Harald suggested.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #86
critical bill
Why haven't you answered this question?

------------------
Quote:
We are two different people and yes I felt bad for getting him involved into herps at all because he's a single dad and doesn't have an extra $100 to let KS steal and not refund.
-----------------------

If he's a single Dad and really cant afford to lose $100 then why is he buying odd and end tortoises from you in the first place? Does he really need another hobby that has the potential to get very expensive if the animal becomes ill and needs to be seen by a vet?

He says $100 means nothing and its just the principal. You say he cant afford to lose $100 but have no problem with selling him animals that can run him up astronomical bills.

Your story, Rich's story, they just don't add up. You each have posted completely different stories and Rich is not inclined to post any information to verify his identity. You have each logged in and out numerous times when one or the other found it necessary to answer a question.

Honestly, you seem like a very smart guy that has just never got caught up in his lies until now. I think your immense anger toward KS brought about the creation of a character to vent your frustrations and to have someone siding with you and so as to encourage others to join your crusade against KS. Misery loves company from what I understand.

If I'm wrong about this Rich can easily prove me wrong and I'll happily apologize.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #87
ThunderPaws
Hi,

I just joined up with KS about two months ago. It took me an add or two to figure out how to correctly post, but I was very happy with their website and services. I would use them again for sure. I know that everyone I have talked to in the reptile hobby loves to use them as well. I am sorry you did not have a good experience but it looks like you a fraudulent individual and got caught in a massive lie. I hope KS comes after you for defamation of character. The post you have written about them could cost them a ton of money.

Regards,
Bill Rubin

Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #88
kylemillsap
New can of worms!

Old 10-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #89
Spectrum Reptiles
Gees....

Can I get home to answer your question??? All I can do is ask Rich to send Harald a copy of his ID. Do you work Chuck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Why haven't you answered this question?

------------------
Quote:
We are two different people and yes I felt bad for getting him involved into herps at all because he's a single dad and doesn't have an extra $100 to let KS steal and not refund.
-----------------------

If he's a single Dad and really cant afford to lose $100 then why is he buying odd and end tortoises from you in the first place? Does he really need another hobby that has the potential to get very expensive if the animal becomes ill and needs to be seen by a vet?

He says $100 means nothing and its just the principal. You say he cant afford to lose $100 but have no problem with selling him animals that can run him up astronomical bills.

Your story, Rich's story, they just don't add up. You each have posted completely different stories and Rich is not inclined to post any information to verify his identity. You have each logged in and out numerous times when one or the other found it necessary to answer a question.

Honestly, you seem like a very smart guy that has just never got caught up in his lies until now. I think your immense anger toward KS brought about the creation of a character to vent your frustrations and to have someone siding with you and so as to encourage others to join your crusade against KS. Misery loves company from what I understand.

If I'm wrong about this Rich can easily prove me wrong and I'll happily apologize.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #90
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
Hi,

I just joined up with KS about two months ago. It took me an add or two to figure out how to correctly post, but I was very happy with their website and services. I would use them again for sure. I know that everyone I have talked to in the reptile hobby loves to use them as well. I am sorry you did not have a good experience but it looks like you a fraudulent individual and got caught in a massive lie. I hope KS comes after you for defamation of character. The post you have written about them could cost them a ton of money.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
Well Bill. If that's the case, they better not stop at me because this site is full of people who don't like KS for taking their money and banning them over the smallest and laughable issues there is. This is also a public forum so people can say what they want. There is no fraud here.

Barry Lambert

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!