What's the most y'all have ever paid for a gecko? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-12-2004, 11:25 PM   #21
HRoss
i have found some respect for albinos after seeing the bell tang albino that kim had in a contest in orlando this summer. i would like to pick up a few bell albinos to work with. they have such cool contrast. i agree the trempers are at their peek; very pretty, but not much room to go from here.

robin how are your stripe projects coming? i saw a few photos in the gallery early in the year, but i have been a little busy lately (dodging hurricanes and losing power).

Old 09-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #22
robin d.
i lost most of my stripes and red stripes this year due to a temp flux... the electric company was doing some work on the lines and shut off power to our block both russ and i were working bu the time we got home the male incubator was at 97 degrees and the female at 90 degrees ,for god only knows how long. i lost just about every single eggs in there and the ones that did survive hatched out deformed. i had 30-40 eggs in four incubators.... total bummer

Old 09-12-2004, 11:42 PM   #23
HRoss
97 degrees; trying out the tremper method? i am sorry to hear that. my year has been a bummer as well. i had to end up breeding 25-30 gram males to 80 plus gram females. one of my females is really huge and that male is missing. i guess she had other ideas when that tail started to rattle.

i really want some stripes to work into my tangs. just no money to buy this year.

lets see some of those 1000 dollar geckos you guys have bought in 2004.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #24
groovygeckos
Wink i gotcha

sounded like morphism ! lol(racism) but how many years will it take to make "carrotfeet" with those other types ? tremper has worked on that for a very very long time ! and now that it has allready been done (i think) will take away from the impact and suprise factor of projects like that with any other type of albino ! this was my only point..... not knocking other strains

Old 09-12-2004, 11:58 PM   #25
Clay Davenport
During a momentary lapse of reason a few years back I gave $200 for an albino male and two or three het females. Sold them before they were mature though.
Other than that, I've never paid more than $17 for a leo.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:08 AM   #26
riverjop
Hmmm the most.....$135.
but Im saving up for chads!

Chad! can you hold him for me? I should be able to collect enough cans on the side of the road.....in about...ahhhh...three years????

Old 09-13-2004, 12:30 AM   #27
robin d.
Quote:
and now that it has allready been done (i think) will take away from the impact and suprise factor of doing that with any other type of albino !
Quite the contrary!!!!! people always want whats new...... last year speaking for kelli last yearshe didnt sell that many bells, now this year everyone wants them.... the work had been going on and will continue with the others and these animal will comand very good prices..... it's all about whats new and different ,what people want or geckos that are an extrordinary example of the particular morph

Old 09-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #28
Xelda
I'm another cheap person. My personal limit on any single gecko is $150 with shipping if necessary. I've only had to pay that much for five of the geckos I own (four that are leos), so I guess I've been really lucky at finding good deals.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:41 AM   #29
groovygeckos
just mean to say

thats its not going to be quite as new ..... having been done with the other strain ! i sure do and i think alot of people wait to see if prices drop a bit first .....like with the bells ! i do know what your saying though !

Old 09-13-2004, 12:54 AM   #30
Xelda
Dan P., I'm not sure I can agree. For example, tang Rainwaters and tang Bells look completely different from tang Trempers. I guess you're saying that since they're all tang albinos, some of the novelty is worn off. But lack of a surprise factor doesn't take away from the excitement of a gorgeous new look with so much potential for development.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!