So, who is jumpin on the "mac snow" band wagon??? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #21
KelliH
That was a bit of a surprise on the blazings that Prehistoric posted. I knew they were going to sell wholesale lots at $200 each but I didn't know they were going to offer them to the public so cheap. Oh well, lucky for me I went a different route and decided to work with the Bells.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:18 PM   #22
robin d.
jodi, i know john knows what he is doing he has in the reptile industry for a long time. i would just like to know a bit more about the background and history, from himself, before i spend any money.. hey if i see them and like them, once i have spoken with john i will buy some from him in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!! they are very cool indeed

Old 02-08-2005, 10:51 PM   #23
aliceinwl
I'd like to get some once the prices come down. I think that Steve Sykes of Geckos etc. has a male he'll be breeding and he does the California IRBA shows so I'll see how he's pricing his hets (if he decides to sell any). John Mack was also at Anaheim last year, if I recall correctly he was selling the hets for 750 and the supers for 1500, maybe they'll be cheaper this year. I just can't see spending 1200+ for het.
-Alice

Old 02-08-2005, 11:04 PM   #24
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Ok Chris, My name is not Gregory.... It is Gregg..... Now unfortunatly for you and fortunaly for me this is a public forum and I am free to speak my opinion if I wish..... I also do not need you wait for you to ask me to speak, so relax yourself..... Besides, didnt I start this thread????? No need to get snippy because you paid so much for an animal that will be a fraction of that price in a year or two..... Or are you alittle mad because some other breeder is selling BBs for 250 bucks???? LOL..... And YOU were the one that was crying about it...... Wa waaa waaaaa..... Someone crushed your little would be blazing blizzard project with the low prices..... Who cares???? That is the perfect example of what I was talking about with the prices shooting to the ground.... Thats the way it is and there is nothing you can do about it..... Dont be sad...... Thing will get better..... I promise.....LOL

I'm not too thrilled about Prehistoric Pets (not a breeder, per se... to my knowledge it is a joint venture with Mark and Kim Bell) and I happen to know people who are quite upset at what appears to be an attempt to drive prices down just before breeders are ready to come to market with them. Seems petty to me, but there could be another reason I'm simply not seeing.

I'm just glad that I chose the Bell Blazing route...

I would love to get a female snow.... not even a super snow, I would gladly settle for a female snow.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #25
Gregg M
Its nothing to get upset about though.... When you are the first breeder/seller to have a certain morph in bulk, you pretty much set the market price...... Now I think (and I am NOT aiming this at most of you that post here) that the majority of the breeders/sellers that would be upset about this are the ones that were looking to make quick cash and get rich on the BB craze..... I guess some people were taught a valuable lesson..... Never bank on a market that is shakey at best..... I mean, just look at what the past has shown us..... Look at how much albinos, blizzards, Giants, jungles, jungle ablbinos, patternless, and patternless albinos were when they first hit the market..... The prices dropped dramaticly almost over night on all of them...... Living animals are not investments and it is sad when someone looks at them that way...... When you drop a ton of money on a morph, it is a race to see who can produce the most and a pretty big gamble...... People need to understand this and not cry when the prices are driven down.....

Old 02-09-2005, 07:26 AM   #26
Gregg M
Steven, Just a side note for you.... I am also glad you went the bell route.... Kelli and yourself are doing great work with that strain...... You guys pretty much have the market cornered with the bell line..... And I would personally rather have a bell blazing than the ones that are up for sale for 250 bucks.....

Old 02-09-2005, 07:34 AM   #27
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Chris, congrats. Those sure are some beautiful animals. Are they even more stunning in person than they are in the pictures?
We own the "het" codom, not the actual "super" form. Still very impressive nonetheless... Tons of potential, especially the possibilities when crossing into others.. We cannot wait to see what pops up in the next few seasons.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:42 AM   #28
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Ok Chris, My name is not Gregory.... It is Gregg..... Now unfortunatly for you and fortunaly for me this is a public forum and I am free to speak my opinion if I wish..... I also do not need you wait for you to ask me to speak, so relax yourself..... Besides, didnt I start this thread????? No need to get snippy because you paid so much for an animal that will be a fraction of that price in a year or two..... Or are you alittle mad because some other breeder is selling BBs for 250 bucks???? LOL..... And YOU were the one that was crying about it...... Wa waaa waaaaa..... Someone crushed your little would be blazing blizzard project with the low prices..... Who cares???? That is the perfect example of what I was talking about with the prices shooting to the ground.... Thats the way it is and there is nothing you can do about it..... Dont be sad...... Thing will get better..... I promise.....LOL
I'm not upset at all about the tremper blazing project, we passed on that. We do have some double hets but no real investment in the project to speak of. I knew something like this would happen with them and again I was proven correct. The bell blazing project has much more potential.... We're hoping to produce a few this season with all luck. I was commenting on what others who have a great investment in the tremper line of blazings must be feeling. Save your childish antics and comments, I'm sure you're the only one finding them amusing.

As for the mack co-dom, I am not upset in the least. In fact, I would have paid even more. You have no idea what potential this holds for us in our current projects. Its more than obvious you know absolutely nothing about investment, and if you knew what we had in store for this line you'd be singing a different tune, trust me! I know the price will drop, its obvious. But timing is also important as well, especially when trying to produce something new. Its always nice to have a good head start.... That makes the investment worthwhile IMO. Then again you have no idea what we are currently working with, so I can't really "make" you understand, but I do see your point about price fluctuation, its obvious though. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:47 AM   #29
Chris@TSE
And also Gregg, people would not have to worry about prices plummeting so quickly if the people who worked with them werent out to simply mass produce them and corner a market. We have no intention of mass-producing, our interest in the mack was not to profit from the new line, but to see what potential it could hold for us in other projects. Of course having a co-dom snow line is fabulous, but banking on that alone would be silly, not to mention quite stupid.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:04 AM   #30
KelliH
Quote:
I was commenting on what others who have a great investment in the tremper line of blazings must be feeling.
Yeah no kidding, I know I would be quite the pissed off customer if just a month or two before had paid $1000 each for a pair. The same thing happened with the blizzards, one year they were $1000 each, the very next year they were $300 each.. it's the way of the leo market and I have seen it happen over and over and over. Another good example would be the Tremper Giants, $1000 one year $150 the very next year. The only morphs that I have actually seen increase or at least hold their value year after year has been the selectively bred tangerine/carrot tails. And of course they get better each year so that has a lot to do with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!