So, who is jumpin on the "mac snow" band wagon??? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #41
wahberee
I agree with kelli that patternless and blizzard genetics would probably flush out the visual signs of any snow morph. but who knows??? it is possible that snow may be a dominant morph over patternless. Also, ragnew produced what looks like a patternless blizzard and as a baby, it is easy to distinguish a patternless blizzard from a blizzard, so maybe the snows blizzards(or patts.) could be easily distinguished from regular blizzards, but only as juveniles. Either way, I still think a snow albino would be the coolest morph, whether its dark or light, I think the black stripes will turn into light/dark brown stripes, and who knows what the eyes will look like. I amfraid that eventually with all this morph mixing, we'll eventually produce a translucent gecko. haha Anyhow, with any co-dom morph, I dont think its worth it right now unless your planning to cross into other morphs. You could bet your bottom dollar that everyone who is bragging about having one has something interesting cooking within the next few months. Im predicting that even this october or september, prices will plummet. Seems as though Alex Hue convinced everyone not to release any to the public till october or september so, you will have your choice in vendors.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #42
Gregg M
Kelli, dont get me wrong here..... I do understand that SOME breeders actually love their animals and do not see JUST dollar signs..... You have pointed out that you love what you do and you make money on it..... You never once said you do not do it for money..... You have proven it time and again that you are in it for both reasons...... And as I have stated, that is fine...... I do not like when someone tries to BS the general public by saying they are not doing it for the money..... Oh, I know, breeders spend $1500 plus, on a "new morph" just to see what happens if they breed it to something else..... Yeah ummmm Ok..... And I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell ya..... LOL..... All I ask for and all anyone should expect is honesty......

I also do not think there will be all these "new morphs" hitting the market once the snows are around in abundance..... If you ask me it is mostly hype..... Wow, there might be a few morphs around with black eyes......LOL.... Big whoop..... Prices will plummet and when they do, I will buy some...... It is not that I cant afford the price they are now, because I can buy a few now if I wanted..... I just cant see spending so much on something that will be a fraction of the price in a year or two.....

And I still stand by what I say...... The only people that get mad when prices drop are the people trying to make a quick buck and got beat to the finish line by some other breeder/seller.......

All of these APTOR, RAPTORS, and CRAPTORS will be affordable so anyone can buy one in another year or two...... What would make anyone think that these mac snows will not follow suite...... It is silly to think they wont.....

If you want to invest your money in a smart way, try realestate.....LOL..... Co/dom and recessive genes are a big gamble.....

Old 02-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #43
Chris@TSE
No ones bull****ting anyone. Our codom wasent purchased with money in mind, we're quite interested in seeing what can be accomplished with the new line. Simple as that. You've made your opinion obvious, and its quite apparent you opened this thread to bash the new line of co-dom mack snows. Congrats, you've done an excellent job. LOL

And to be perfectly honest, if the price were to plummet by the end of the year, I could care less. I would have rather got a start crossing him this season, than later.... These are new projects for me, and my interest is really the driving force behind it at the moment. Im very intruiged by this new project, and cant wait to see what some of these crosses yeild.

Hopefully some cool stuff can come out of this line, im sure there will....

Old 02-09-2005, 02:08 PM   #44
groovygeckos
i feel the people getting "mad" about price dropping

are simply not taking that into consideration that it can and will happen . sure if theyre only trying to make a buck they are going to be " mad" . but dont you think anyone else is going to be somewhat concerned about something being sold at 10 cents on the dollar (like you are saying ) ? a good majority of people whether they realize it or not are not going to make a quick buck , but merely "get-by " on the sale of their animals . i see your point that there are alot of people only looking to make money (and this is NOT the way to do it ). but to say that everyone who is worried , concerned, or "mad" by this is just out to make a buck ? cmon now . im sure we all love our animals and what we do or we wouldnt be doing it . also sure we would all like to make money , and noone should deny that . why not try to make money at something we love to do IF it is what we trully love ?

Old 02-09-2005, 02:09 PM   #45
Gregg M
Bashing the mac snows???? I clearly stated that they were great looking geckos and that I wanted to purchase some..... There was nothing hidden in my original post..... I pretty much laid it all out in the first post and no one needed to reply if they did not want to...... Again, be honest..... Why do you want to get a "jump" on these projects???? You want to make money on the new morphs you might be producing...... It is simple..... That is fine though..... Everyone needs to make money..... Like I said, just be truthful about you intentions...... I really do wish you luck with your new projects and to be honest with you, I would like to see what might come from these crosses...... But to say you did not have money in mind when you bought the mac is just rediculous...... I dont know, to me, your posts contradict eachother...... You talk about buying animals for investments to saying you had not thought about money......

Old 02-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #46
Chris@TSE
*sigh* Here I go wasting my time speaking to a degenerate........

Again, as I stated before..... I feel they are a good investment based on the crossing possibilities. Obviously every single breeder is in it for money, they would not SELL animals if they were not. You are stating the obvious like it is some trade secret.... LOL

And AGAIN, I'm interested in this particular morph to see what can be done with it. If I were left to choose between profiting from it or owning it to see its potential, I'd simply be happy seeing what can come from him.

Dont waste our time preaching something everyone is already WELL aware of. Seriously.... If everyone were in it strictly for the "love of the animals" no one would be selling anything, they would be GIVING them away! LOL

Old 02-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #47
Gregg M
Dan, you are right..... We should all be able to make money on what we love to do..... That is not my problem at all...... My biggest problem is with people not being honest about it...... And I believe I even exclued most of the breeders/hobbiest here on this site with a previous post....... But someone made a few post and I had to call them out on what I thought was BS...... I guess some of my statements might have been too general and if I offended anyone, I am truely sorry...... If I was not speaking to you directly, my statements were not geared to you.....

Old 02-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #48
Gregg M
A degenerate???? Is that really called for???? Again, check the maturity guage in your head..... Can you get through this without name calling????

Old 02-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #49
Chris@TSE
You're sitting here arguing over things that are common knowledge. Your acting as if there is some big conspriacy among breeders or something, acting as if everyone who says thier motivation behind a purchase is always dollar signs.... $$$$

Quite a pessemistic outlook don't you think? You really should not ASSume. o one is lying about anything, are you TRYING for conflict or are you just simply a degenerate? (thus the earlier "name calling"... I should have been more specific)

Old 02-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #50
groovygeckos
some people i tell ya

just do not see . if you have genuine intrigue/ interest in something , you do not worry about pricetags or dropping-market prices . i cant speak for everyone but i bought some of the new-morphs out this and last year because they are new and exciting to me first and foremost . i do not see that these animals should be sold in excess of 1000 dollars period . but i like them and would like to work with them regardless of resale value of my pet`s offspring . im sure a APTOR will be $500 in 6 months even though a few were sold at $1250 in november now that the RAPTOR is $1000 next month etc. etc. people are often mistaken that "oh if i buy $1200 dollar pair of (insert here ) ill get $600 for the babies " and if you look at it that way will only stress yourself out w/ the markets trends .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!