Disturbing...... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 05:34 AM   #51
robin d.
Quote:
right...except that the guy asked what a merle was...so I showed him.
"that guy" is rob just FYI... he has allot of experience with geckos

Old 04-04-2005, 05:35 AM   #52
StinaUIUC
too bad it doesn't matter that they're mixes (which they probably aren't anyway...people naming breeds in shelters generally don't know what they're talking about...and DO know that from experience...) cause all the guy asked was what merle was...not what an aussie merle looked like...and those three are classic examples of homozygous merles...

Old 04-04-2005, 05:36 AM   #53
StinaUIUC
I meant to say "and I DO" not "and DO"...

I don't care who it was...I was just answering his question.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #54
WiteLeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Click this link..... Scroll to the last leo and look at the comment under it..... What do you all think???? I think it is pathetic.....

http://www.bowsersreptiles.com/carrot-tails.htm
Look how much smaller that stumped tail is to the other leo's he has. Wouldn't that affect its health? It can't hold even near as much fat to keep the gecko along for a period of time.

I think its ugly...and a disadvantage to life.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #55
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiteLeo
Look how much smaller that stumped tail is to the other leo's he has. Wouldn't that affect its health? It can't hold even near as much fat to keep the gecko along for a period of time.

I think its ugly...and a disadvantage to life.
Good thinking there Austin.... That would be one drawback..... Anyway, I know for sure I would never perchase a single animal from that place..... It is also unfortunate that people like stina have no problem with this.... I cant tell you how pissed I would be if I got a leo that was somehow related to that stummpy one and got some stummpy tang babies..... How can you think this is ok stina???? Oh wait, you think tail kinks and incubating for eyelidless is Ok too.....

Old 04-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #56
Monte
I don't care - I'm still getting my fainting goats . . .

I promise I won't breed them to lidless geckos or a stump tailed dog named Merl.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #57
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
I don't care - I'm still getting my fainting goats . . .

I promise I won't breed them to lidless geckos or a stump tailed dog named Merl.
haha, now, werent those fainting goats on either "ripleys believe it or not"..or was it "amazing animal videos" on animal planet

and isnt merle the name of a blue pokemon? LOL

Old 04-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #58
diablohogs
Ah Ha!

Quote:
I cant tell you how pissed I would be if I got a leo that was somehow related to that stummpy one and got some stummpy tang babies
never thought of that. good point gregg!!

p.s. that super merle puppy is too friggin cute for words.

hey gregg since this is your thread, and you cant hijack something thats already yours, what say you throw up a pic or two of some rhino vipers or gaboons... and we can pretend there merles...lol.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #59
StinaUIUC
ok gregg...whatever you say... I said if it is healthy other than the cosmetics there is nothing unethical about it because are not knowingly risking unhealthiness...Just because we find the trait undesireably doesn't mean someone else won't find it desireable and there's nothing wrong with that as long as the animals are otherwise healthy. I also said he should note if any babies from her are from her. There is no difference between it and a color morph if it is genetic...Color morphs can taint a gene pool too you know... As far as eyelidlessness and kinked tails go.......I would never breed an eyelidless gecko and would never call it ethical...I do have an incubator set up now btw...and I'm not the first person to have ever not used an incubator (even Kelli said that when she started out she didn't use one)...For kinked tails...I don't think they should be bred either...I have 1 female that I breed who used to have a kinked tail...but it was believed to have been caused by injury and any babies I sell of hers will have it noted that their mother had a kinked tail and if she ever throws a kinked tail baby she will be immediately retired and the owners of any babies I had sold from her would be notified.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #60
Gregg M
Sorry Stina, I was just breakin your balls alittle.... I was not totally serious.... I just didnt express it in that joking manner that I should have.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!