Mack snows..... - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #91
Alias47
DELETED:

It appears I may have been unintentionally distasteful...
I sincerely apologize to everyone...

If sensitivity and tact were my best suits...I would have a better job...

Old 05-03-2005, 04:37 PM   #92
WebSlave
OK, maybe I'm just feeling cranky about this whole mess, but would anyone in my shoes be just a bit irritated at someone posting a message like the one above, considering the circumstances?

Old 05-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #93
leaftail
Irritated, yes. But since this isnt KS and you're not, um. You'll let it go

Old 05-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #94
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
OK, maybe I'm just feeling cranky about this whole mess, but would anyone in my shoes be just a bit irritated at someone posting a message like the one above, considering the circumstances?
Regardless of any circumstance, it is poor forum etiquette and disrespectful to post an "advertisement" to another forum without getting permission from the host/moderator prior to making the post in his or her forum....

Old 05-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #95
dragonflyreptiles
Well for 1 I think its against the rules to "advertise" in this section and Im cranky too and I think that things should be posted where they are supposed to be.

besides that Is it supposed to be OK for bad attitudes here but, NO, rules again, flame wars and bad attitudes are SUPPOSED to stay on the BOI or HELL and then when they are not tolerated in a general forum its a big fuss, I take offense to that myself!

So I guess it is supposed to be OK to piss away rules on fauna but not on Alex's site, no offense Alex since you did not post that!

Old 05-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #96
shrap
Lol,

I just had a polite (seriously it was) PM exchange with Alias about this post myself, Rich.

He said it was not triggered by Alex in any way and just wanted people to know since Alex was supposed to be the speaker tonight on Faunas gecko chat about the Macks that they can ask Alex about the macks on his site tomorrow.

I may be wrong but I honestly think Alias's motives were mack related and not trying to poke needles at an already bad situation.

But yes I found the post to be in bad taste (judgement) considering the situation.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #97
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
So I guess it is supposed to be OK to piss away rules on fauna but not on Alex's site, no offense Alex since you did not post that!
That was pretty much the meat of my conversation with Alias, yet that was not his intentions I honestly believe. It just came out wrong.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:56 PM   #98
Alias47
I entirely apologize for any offense taken from my post...by anyone.

I would not have posted here for Alex had he asked me to, I posted this of my own accord...and to tell you the truth...Alex probably doesn't know about it...and probably hasn't seen it...

I was merely trying to allow the people who seemed interested and concerned with this morph and the future of it to have access to the discussion they were looking forward to...and I was definitely not trying to break the advertising rules by any means...one of the reasons I didn't post a direct link...

If they are that interested they can find it themselves...

Again I apologize...my intentions were definitely NOT to be distasteful or rude...or to cause any animosity...
Most of you know me well enough to know I am usually not adversarial...and not trying to start trouble.

When I posted it I wasn't even aware that Alex had decided not to pay the fine and pulled his advertising...I found that out from the BOI post shortly after having placed the one above.

I apologize Rich...although, it may seem like I was intentionally touching on a sore subject...hindsight is 20/20...It was never my intention...
I do appreciate everything you do for the herp community...and hope it continues far into the future...

Old 05-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #99
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
That was pretty much the meat of my conversation with Alias, yet that was not his intentions I honestly believe. It just came out wrong.
Im sure it did and Im just really upset by this whole thing and Im tired, I lost sleep last night over something that has nothing in the world to do with me or my projects but this whole situation has really bothered me.

Old 05-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #100
dragonflyreptiles
Derek, that was a very nice post and Im sure you meant no harm, its just a touchy subject right now at best and I love Alex to death and Im upset that this has all happened just becuase it could not be kept in proper areas and I feel bad for Rich as much as he has to do and I don't think he should have to police all the fourms day and night to make sure things stay where they should.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!