Business Cards - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #81
o0 RYAN 0o
I can certainly help you out with a card. Can you let me know what leo photo in particular you would like to see used. Also, I can save an image without the extra text. You can send photos and contact info to: ryanroth@suscom.net. The larger the photos the better.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #82
montezuma
I agree, I like that that one is better to read... I should have filled in the "front" lettering. Such as this :
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #83
TripleMoonsExotic
Not to butt in and point out the obvious (I didn't go through this whole thread either). Web graphics are at a very low resolution (usually 72 dpi or lower). Anything pulled offline is inappropriate for print. You want minimum 300 dpi to be able to print clean graphics.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:01 PM   #84
o0 RYAN 0o
Hey Stephanie, I did mention this earlier to them. To quote myself...

Just an FYI with these business cards…. You should really be building these files at 600 DPI, or at least 300 for the best results. If you just grab the jpg from here, the quality will really lack. Stretching or increasing the DPI will distort them as well. Also, most printers require at least a 1/8in bleed as well, so everything can be cut to size without errors in cutting/cropping. So essentially, the cards should be 3.75 x 2.25 in size. Make sure everything is tabbed in at least 1/2 in from the 3.75 x 2.25 dimensions to ensure nothing will get cropped. Most printers will not even print without a bleed.

Another important thing with printing is the color. Right now these photos are in RGB color and they need to be in CMYK color. There’s not a huge difference, but there definitely is with any black values. Also, you should print these out, actual size and look at them. There's a big difference looking at them on a screen, and seeing them in hand.

A lot of printers can print high quality jpg or eps files, but some still want full control. If that's the case, they'll need your source file as in: illustrator, photoshop, quark, or indesign. Most companies use Quark. Along with the source file, you'll have to provide the fonts used.

I really think you should take all of this into consideration before trying to take one of these images somewhere. If you’re going to invest $50-100 in cards, I’d want them to look their best. This is just my 2 cents...

Old 05-30-2005, 09:13 PM   #85
DiabloBoa
well i just wanted to offer my services.
the company i currently work for purchased a vinyl printing company that makes full color buisness cards at what i understand is a very good price. so if you or anybody cares you can contact me and i will get pricing for whatever quantities you are looking for. we also have designers on staff but there seem to be plenty of talented people willing to design it for you.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:15 PM   #86
DiabloBoa
if my scanner wasnt broken id show some samples off but they look great to me

Old 05-30-2005, 10:07 PM   #87
TripleMoonsExotic
See, told you I didn't read the whole thread! Just the first 2 pages!

I just grew concerned when someone was pulling web graphics off of someones site to build the business cards.

And I would have to disagree with you stating Quark is the industry standard. It's on it's way out the door (THANKFULLY). InDesign is taking over where Quark left off. Sadly, their will be a number of companies that will take a long while to catch up with the rest. The company I work for is still using OS9 and Photoshop 5! I hate when the Quark and Pagemaker jobs come in!

As long as he provides a high resolution PDF, their should be no problems. The majority of printing companies have an editing software in their Adobe Acrobat that allows them to edit the PDF. We use Pitstop.

Old 05-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #88
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBoa
well i just wanted to offer my services.
the company i currently work for purchased a vinyl printing company that makes full color buisness cards at what i understand is a very good price. so if you or anybody cares you can contact me and i will get pricing for whatever quantities you are looking for. we also have designers on staff but there seem to be plenty of talented people willing to design it for you.
Does your co. do vehicle wraps? I am considering doing up my vehicle... I think it would be cool!

Old 05-31-2005, 12:58 AM   #89
StinaUIUC
Hey Chad...do you want me to redo the card I designed for you?...you know so its bigger and higher resolution and in photoshop format or smt like that.....let me know

Old 05-31-2005, 01:05 AM   #90
StinaUIUC
oh...you too dan...lo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!