Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 07:58 PM   #11
Chris@TSE
Alot of people wish pricing was lower, but you dont see them coming here to cry about it....

You're not protecting anyone. Pricing is set by the market. The market in this case is new. A near-ground level investment. It would be like purchasing one of the first co dominant pastel ball pythons, anyone remember what those went for when introduced? LOL

Use common sense Rob.

People are not used to such high dollar morphs when speaking of leopard geckos, and truthfully its a great turn for the market. It's showing even more investment potential. Sure pricing will drop, but new things will come.... higher end morphs. Some great things.... People fear what they do not understand, and it is obvious that you do not. Its just a bit strange seeing a relatively inexpensive market begin to flourish, but it has happened with many things in the past. Just look at Ball Pythons.... Back when there were nothing but normal wild type specimens and a few odd balls NO ONE thought or expected what we see today. A flurry of amazing creatures and endless investment potential. Do the math, and think before whining. Its not very becoming.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #12
Gekkonida
Quote:
so Im surfing the web checking up on the market seeing whats available and how the market is, and I cant help but make an argument on the pricing on Mack Snows. IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS
Insert crafty opinions are like xxxxxxxx joke here. I'll skip straight to the laughing part thank you very much. hehehehehhe. Wow, you don't like the pricing on these guys, shoot I guess i better run to return mine!

Quote:
and honestly anyone who purchases them right now is a fool.
Please! What do you care, aren't you getting out of geckos? Is this your parting shot?

Quote:
People could buy them and breed them the instant they received them, and participate in the "race".
I assume you are meaning a race for a super? hmm, how many people have supers for sale right now?

Quote:
Fast forward to today and they're trying to sell juveniles/sub-adults that are barely even sexable at a similar price
I agree with you on this point. They shouldn't be sold until sexable.

Quote:
Yes, I know, Im expecting the "shut up's" followed by the "This post is just a bitter complaint", but hey.... it's a Opinion, and Im typing out loud.
The reason you are expecting the "bitter complaint" comments is well..... because you know exactly what this post is and how it reads. That is called transpersonal proclamation. Knowing and stating the result in order to lessen the blow.

For me working with the mack snows is all about discovering what will come out of this project. Nothing more, nothing less. The price will drop and yes I paid a good chunk of change for mine, but I am also getting to have fun with the project and that is worth the money spent. IMO

Old 05-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #13
g&mgeckos
Frederick, you couldn't have said it better. Isn't raising and breeding reptiles suppose to be something thats fun? A hobby that you may/or may not make some cash off of. Also wasn't Blizzards priced around 1000-1200 when they first came out? Another point isn't the Urban geckos orangest nicest geckos going for 700-1200? I don't think it's all about making money for some people, but just having fun with something new. Supply and Demand.

Old 05-27-2005, 08:19 PM   #14
dragonflyreptiles
Well I think it is as simple as this:

If a buyer is not willing to pay a given price then they don't and they don't get the animal. If they are willing to and are approvedto buy such animal they get it.

I went threw this with Rottweilers 15 years ago and nothing has changed, I paid $3000 for a German Import rather than paying $250 from a local breeder of possible german lines and I had to go threw a credit check, a home check from the ASPCA and local Animal Contril, a vet check to see if I kept my animals current on visits and they even called my job and several friends for references. Now why would I do this, its a dog right? Well, the German lines were much better bred, better genetics, less hip problems, better colors, better temperment, easier to train. SO if you want all that in a Rottie you which I did, I had to pay for it.

I think its the same with the leos, if you want a normal, you pay that price, if you want a SHTCTB you pay that price and well for a snow you pay that price.

I want a snow and will pay $1000 for one if need be next spring, the reason I did not inquire about one this year was not price but the fact that I do not have what I would want to cross it with. After I do get my babies going this year and have my next years breeders I will look into a snow at that time. If the price drops fine, if not Ill pay what the market value is just like any other item that can be bought and sold.

Old 05-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #15
Gregg M
In my opinion, everyone involved in the snow project should just keep quiet and not answer the negative posts..... Then by next year you can shut all the doubters up with pics of some SMOKIN hypo or blizzard snows...... They will get even more pissed off when they see the prices are gonna be alittle more stable than they thought.....

The only ones pissed about the price and limited number, are the ones not fortunate enough to work with them.....

Old 05-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #16
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkonida
That is called transpersonal proclamation. Knowing and stating the result in order to lessen the blow.
I like it when I learn something new!

Old 05-27-2005, 08:52 PM   #17
Chris@TSE
I don't mind answering, sometimes I think it's a bit amusing..... I feel bad for those who cannot jump into the project as early as they would like. I really do, its a fun project and the thoughts of what could come make it even more exciting. What I DONT like are those who take such simple frustrations out by whining about it..... Every morph starts somewhere, and pricing when a morph is first introduced is always high. This is NOTHING NEW. You'll notice when something is a bit more popular and sought after the amount of people who choose to voice such complaints increase. Using this as a rule-of-thumb the mack line must be one hell of a popular project! I don't mind one bit....

Old 05-27-2005, 09:41 PM   #18
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
In my opinion, everyone involved in the snow project should just keep quiet and not answer the negative posts..... Then by next year you can shut all the doubters up with pics of some SMOKIN hypo or blizzard snows...... They will get even more pissed off when they see the prices are gonna be alittle more stable than they thought.....

The only ones pissed about the price and limited number, are the ones not fortunate enough to work with them.....
My thoughts exactly

Old 05-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #19
Vince
macks arent even that nice.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #20
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
macks arent even that nice.
Took you long enough!

You enter every thread discussing the mack line snows with the same type of short, negative comment. I believe we all know you do not like Macks by now, thank you for sharing this with us yet again! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!