Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-28-2005, 07:45 AM   #71
Jodi L Aherns
All i am going to say is i am very happy i bought my Mack Snows.They are worth every penny i spent on them.

Also to the person that wants blizzards,i have many for sale.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #72
Jim O
LOL. Well put Jodi!

Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #73
shrap
Wow, how did I miss this thread.....

The price of the Mack Snow too high? Come on, people have the right to offer their animals/products at any price they want. That should not even be an issue.

As far as some of the other aspects of the Mack Snow, well, Marcia hit the nail on the head. It is the old political attack and discredit game that is being played by some involved in the project every time there is an opinion that is not in line with theirs.

Instead of debating the merits of the project when an opposing opinion is posted they attempt to attack and discredit the person, not just the opinion that was stated but the person. They do it every time.

When I see things like that in life it always makes me think that the persons/companys product or service can not stand on its own merits. If it could they would not be out trying to discredit others who have differing opinions on the product or service. The merits of the product or service would speak for itself.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:36 AM   #74
John Mack
Good morning,
I'm amazed at all the inerest in our Snow geckos. I have enjoyed all the positive and even the negitive postings. Amy and I are both very exited about this project. We nor does anyone else know the potential of Co-Dom in Leopard Geckos. But when you look at the Co-Dom in other species like in ball pythons and boas who knows. I look at each new morph not only for it's individual beauty but as a ingrediant to endless possibiltes only limited by our own imagination. As of today most designer leopard geckos consist of only two or three mutations. I see a day of 4,5,6...

Sincerely,

John

Old 05-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #75
Golden Gate Geckos
thanks

Quote:
I look at each new morph not only for it's individual beauty but as a ingredient to endless possibiltes only limited by our own imagination.
Thank you for posting, John!

Old 05-28-2005, 10:44 AM   #76
Lucille
John, Welcome to Fauna!!! I like the way you are looking forward and up, to the future of the reptile industry. Good to have you here!

Old 05-28-2005, 10:49 AM   #77
dwedeking
Just read the emails that Alex posted. Slightly off topic but do any other breeders just groan, that "from the pit of the stomach" deep groan, that rattles the bones with weariness groan, when you get requests from those people looking for "adult female....anything"? I'm all about making a buck (while still enjoying the hobby/business) but chasing the latest craze isn't the way to do it.

I think it's ironic that he was pushing alex to "capitilize now" in the emails and then bashing the morph world for being greedy on the thread.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #78
Jodi L Aherns
Nice to see you here John.I wish more people could see things the way you do.In my mind the Mack Snow is the first step to many,many more years of great things to come.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #79
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mack
Good morning,
I'm amazed at all the inerest in our Snow geckos. I have enjoyed all the positive and even the negitive postings. Amy and I are both very exited about this project. We nor does anyone else know the potential of Co-Dom in Leopard Geckos. But when you look at the Co-Dom in other species like in ball pythons and boas who knows. I look at each new morph not only for it's individual beauty but as a ingrediant to endless possibiltes only limited by our own imagination. As of today most designer leopard geckos consist of only two or three mutations. I see a day of 4,5,6...

Sincerely,

John

John, I don't think anyone, other than Vince , is disputing that the Mack snow is a wonderful discovery full of future potential.

The biggest gripe seems to be how distribution was initially handled, and how the criticism has been handled since the method was made public.

I believe Alex had the best of intentions, and 90% of people, myself included had no idea that there were requirements imposed upon potential buyers until the situation, that we aren't allowed to speak of in this forum, brought the purchase process out into the public eye.

In time, I believe the resentment, "sour grapes" or whatever one would like to call the drama, will cease to exist once more Mack snows are available and people get to work with them and see what they can cross the gene into...

As for the price, well, I know I still get $500-$700 for top specimen Tangs and Carrot Tails, so I'm not sure that I see why this is an issue. If people are willing to pay a lot, BY CHOICE, for a gecko, I'm not sure that anyone else should tear them down for doing what they want to do....no one is forcing them to purchase anything, they choose to either buy or not buy.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #80
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Alex, I really think it's a shame that this lovely morph cannot be appreciated for it's unique beauty without all of this crap!
This is why I said all parties involved in the snows should just not bother answering the negative posts...... I just winds up making everyone look not so great..... And it does tarnish the morph it self......

However, I do understand why Alex and Chris might have something to say when someone starts bashing them on a public forum...... I still have an interest in the project and I cant wait for my pair in september....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!