Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #81
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
I still have an interest in the project and I cant wait for my pair in september....

I thought you were holding out and waiting for the Blue Albino morph?

Old 05-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #82
Gekkonida
Yes yes and yes

Thanks for posting John. The whirlwind surrounding the mack is a little premature in my opinion. The future of this morph holds great potential in making new morphs and that is why the project is fun for me. The rest of this stuff is just fluff. We have already seen some projects that have tons of potential like the ghost snow and the pastels that are running around in your snow line etc etc....
I am not sure why everyone is so up in arms over the pricing? The Morph holds as much potential as SHTCT and HYBINOS and wow they are pretty up there in price. I think the pricing is fair, especially for how new the project is. I think the negativity surrounding this project is a shame because working with these animals is just an awesome experience.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #83
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
However, I do understand why Alex and Chris might have something to say when someone starts bashing them on a public forum
No one is bashing them personally. I think Alex and Chris both are good people for the most part. I do not think anyone would have a problem with Alex and Chris where the Mack Snow project is concerned if they just argued the pros and cons of the project itself when a differing opinion is made.

Too often though they turn peoples opinions about the project into a personal issue when it is not personal at all. At least with me it is not because I have nothing personal against either one of them. I just do not like how they try to attack, discredit and take cheap shots at people with differing opinions.

They can attack and try to discredit the persons opinion all they want and it would not bother me. Yet they seem to think that the best way to stifle a persons opinion is to discredit that person. When in reality the best way to stifle an opposing opinion is to show the merits and positives of the project. Not by attacking people personally for no other reason than they have an opinion you do not like.

It reminds me too much of a political campaign. "Vote for me because the other guy sucks, not because of my own capabilities and merits."

Old 05-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #84
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mack
Good morning,
I. We nor does anyone else know the potential of Co-Dom in Leopard Geckos.

Sincerely,

John
then why advertise them as endless potential?

Old 05-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #85
paulv
my 2 cents

All i would like to add is that i would love to have a pair.
If you want something and willing to pay the price, there is nothing wrong with it. If the price is to high for you, then though luck, wait a while or move on.

Old 05-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #86
Gekkonida
Quote:
then why advertise them as endless potential?
Vince, are you serious? Your kinda grasping for straws at this point aren't you? Read it again. I think you misunderstood the statement. There is a difference between knowing the potential (um we won't know til we bred it out) and having potential (the potential of possibilities) come on now!

Old 05-28-2005, 04:04 PM   #87
robin d.
thank you john for posting. it is nice to see you here. i wish i could have gotten a pair from you last season but unfortunately able to get into contact with you. again beautiful morph you and amy have done a great job. Kudos to you both.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:37 PM   #88
Blazin
Wink Enthusiastic!

Hey good to see the discoverer of the morph came on in here. Welcome John! As for all the snide remarks about this morph and even its distribution I really can't understand it. I was able to get Mr. Mack's number last spring, summer or fall I can't remember exact timeline but I know it was way before the snows were even released. He told me back then what he thought he was going to price them at and we had a good little discussion. He never stated I would have to jump through hoops or anything to aquire one! Nor do I feel anyone else was made to either! I can understand whole heartedely wanting to make sure these animals went to the best people possible. Anyone ever heard of breeders contracts? They occur all the time in many species of animals! I for one know a top Boxer breeder who regularly draws up contracts and "screens" potential buyers of his dogs. That being said. This new morph is just a tremendous boost for the serious collector and hobbiest of leopard geckos. I am fascinated with the possibilities it holds out and could not be happier that leopard geckos are increasing in value. As a result of this and other morphs more serious enthusiasts are being drawn to these awesome animals (some of us work with these animals for the fun of it!) I can only imagine what the line bred versions of some of the crosses of these new animals are going to look like and I can't wait to get one myself. As for the pricing I really don't see the issue! Its simply supply and demand. They are in short supply and high demand so logic would say they will be more valuable. Its that simple. Same with high quality Tangs and Albinos. This isn't price inflation or gouging its simply supply and demand. As for the negative overtones that sometimes accompany Mack line snow threads I think they are just RIDICULOUS! ITS A NEW, BEAUTIFUL, FULL OF SOLID POTENTIAL MORPH! I sure hope to get one someday, maybe I can trade one or two of my OVER priced tangerines I have worked on for 5 years for one.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #89
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin
He told me back then what he thought he was going to price them at and we had a good little discussion. He never stated I would have to jump through hoops or anything to aquire one! Nor do I feel anyone else was made to either! I can understand whole heartedely wanting to make sure these animals went to the best people possible.
Exactly. Someone shows the least bit concern about the distribution of something new and people jump to the worst possible conclusion. Its quite typical of many in the industry, and expected.

Quote:
This new morph is just a tremendous boost for the serious collector and hobbiest of leopard geckos. I am fascinated with the possibilities it holds out and could not be happier that leopard geckos are increasing in value. As a result of this and other morphs more serious enthusiasts are being drawn to these awesome animals (some of us work with these animals for the fun of it!) I can only imagine what the line bred versions of some of the crosses of these new animals are going to look like and I can't wait to get one myself.
Glad to see yet another individual sharing my same excitement

Quote:
As for the pricing I really don't see the issue! Its simply supply and demand. They are in short supply and high demand so logic would say they will be more valuable. Its that simple. Same with high quality Tangs and Albinos. This isn't price inflation or gouging its simply supply and demand.
Exactly. Those who wish to whine and cry about the initial pricing only prove thier ignorance. New morphs always start high, some more than others. Pricing is determined by supply and demand, as well as potential. If someone does not agree with the pricing, no one is forcing them to buy! Now people see breeders offering the mack snows using the same general pricing and they believe its some conspiracy. Again, childish individuals jumping to the worst possible conclusions. Its so very sad to see that people nowadays actually WANT to see new projects with awesome potential crash and burn so they can get in sooner at a more appealing price. Frankly, it disgusts me. All it takes is a little patience. Just like anything else, pricing will eventually drop. Tomorow? Next month? Next year? Who knows. If you want in sooner, obviously you're going to pay a bit more. Otherwise show some maturity.... whining will do nothing for you but show people your true demeanor. Those who were expecting some drastic price drop so soon, well, I'm sorry to say but you'll be waiting quite a while. Pull up a chair and a soda.

Not many people are working with them, and of those people working with them even less are producing enough to actually SELL any. Speaking personally here, 90% of what we produce will be held back for various projects. Various recessive crosses, all sorts of neet stuff. Newsflash: I did not buy into the project in order to make other people happy by mass producing lots of macks for resale. I do not know of one single mack owner who has! Do you? From speaking with others involved that is the LAST of anyone priorities right now. Everyone is still experimenting, exploring possibilities.... Sorry to disappoint you guys. I jumped in to explore the possibilities of this new project, simple as that. Not for profit or personal gain. Just the thought of knowing we could hatch out something someone has never seen before was worth EVERY single penny to me. I'd pay it again and again. In fact, I would have paid more. Those looking for pricing to miraculously plummet and macks to show up on the shelves in their local Petcos will be waiting bitterly, for quite some time. Amen.

Quote:
As for the negative overtones that sometimes accompany Mack line snow threads I think they are just RIDICULOUS! ITS A NEW, BEAUTIFUL, FULL OF SOLID POTENTIAL MORPH! I sure hope to get one someday, maybe I can trade one or two of my OVER priced tangerines I have worked on for 5 years for one.
And with something like this popping up in the leo world it is to be expected. Look at ball pythons, people have come to expect some pretty amazing things when dealing with morph bps. Something like this pops up in LEOPARD GECKOS of all things and people literally crap concrete! Yes its exciting! But with all the good, comes extra bad. Critics who would usually remain quiet feel obligated to rain on peoples parades. So be it, no matter what you cannot avoid it. And personally my excitement for this project gets in the way as well. I see things like that and its just so very upsetting. I wish they could share the same excitement as many of us do!

PS. By the way, notice how those who have been griping and raising fits are the only two who were not given what they wanted? Think logically people

Old 05-28-2005, 10:47 PM   #90
Vince
wow after that post I woulda thought Top Shelf exotics was a book store. You can dream all you want , leopard geckos will never be the next BP. And to the person who said tangs are over priced? If you sell them for 750 they are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!