ball python eggs from nowhere - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-08-2005, 12:46 PM   #1
tildenalso
Question ball python eggs from nowhere

i just got back from being at sea for a month or so and was welcomed to a suprise. my female had eggs. i know how it happen so i am good there, but never before breeding, i allowed her to do it, she seems to be doing a good job, all seem white. humidity is a fight during the night, but stays relativly high all day. anyhow, she allowed one to lay to the outside of her clutch. she did not really push it, it seems to always touch her, still white. i dont know how old the eggs are, is there a way to tell????
by the way, it is starting to cave in a bit, still nice whit though. is this normal? or should i pull it out?? she does not look like she really want my near her, LOL. i never have seen her dance so often when i lift her rock. anyhow, only wondering if i should leave it or not.....
thanks,
tildenalso

Old 07-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
stupidclauton
females can store sperm for long periods of time, a guy on another forum has had his snake for 10 years nad it has not been with any other snakes in that time and 1 day it layed eggs and 2 of the are fertial. good thing humans are not like that, i would hate gettin a phone call from my old girl friend 5 years later and her tellin me shes pregnate

Old 07-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I'm still learning too~ got my first clutch of BPs on day 45 now. But from my exp with Corn eggs~ I'd say leave the eggs. If it sinks and is disgusting~ leave it a little longer. Sometimes an egg that looks BAD will hatch out a fine baby.

As far as the denting. You said you don't know how old the clutch is. Do you have an approx date? If the clutch is within a week or so of day 60 then I'd imagine the denting is due to the baby getting ready to hatch (corn eggs do that, and I have read that BP eggs do as well) If I were you I would go ahead and increase the humidity a bit as well just in case the egg is dry.

Could be Moms coils can only hold so many eggs and that one is being a bit neglected ~ could be it's dead and Mom put it out. I'd leave it though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!