Tangerine Tornados from Urban Gecko - Pictures! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-20-2005, 12:44 PM   #41
groovygeckos
SWEET! Thats gotta be the best thing , keeping the best of the best from those critters !

Too bad they are youngins themselves just for that reason ,but it would be amazing to watch these grow up too !

Old 09-21-2005, 12:57 AM   #42
Blazin
Tangs just ROCK! A solid orange/red gecko in my honest opinion is just the pinnacle of leopard gecko breeding efforts! I can't wait till next season!!!! Going to concentrate even more on mine! 10,000 in Tangerines??? Holy Moly!!! I wouldn't mind one to cross into the Nitro lineage Bruce. Keep me in mind as well.

Old 09-21-2005, 05:58 AM   #43
brucestephenson
Ultimate

Yes, a leopard gecko that is a deep bright fluorescent solid orange the same color as its 100 percent carrot-tail must be the goal. This gecko would also be most acceptable with a golden stripe down down its back! Perhaps Albey is getting close to this?

Old 09-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #44
Albey
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
Yes, a leopard gecko that is a deep bright fluorescent solid orange the same color as its 100 percent carrot-tail must be the goal. This gecko would also be most acceptable with a golden stripe down down its back! Perhaps Albey is getting close to this?
Bruce,
It is Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking the other day that when people finally see my Best Of 2004 page they are going to be thinking that they’re not as nice as some of the ones on my Best Of 2003 page. What has happened is with trying to combine all of the most desirable traits you have to take a step backwards to go forward.

For example, breeding the Carrot-tail to the Super Hypo Tangerines you get more Carrot-tail but you lose the intense orange coloration. Breeding the Tangerine Dorsal Stripe to the Baldy Super Hypo Tangerines you get the striping but you also bring in head spots, and so on. The good thing is now my 2005 Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot-tail cross are getting close to 100% Carrot-tail and the intense orange coloration is coming back. The Tangerine Dorsal Stripe to Super Hypo Tangerine is getting close to no head spotting. So by next year maybe they will all come together. Or maybe not. LOL

Old 09-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #45
saltwaterreptiles
lol... you really gotta love all the speculation and effort that goes into producing something that may NEVER show up to what you envisioned, but who knows, you may stumble onto something else entirely that is even more exciting than the plan! I love the breeding game, such a crap shoot but the payoff, sweet!

I look forward to seeing your 04 AND 05 best of Albey!

Old 09-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #46
brucestephenson
It is great to have you post your knowledge here Albey!

I was going to buy the best orange/red female on your available page when you discounted her from $800 to $500, but she was gone in like 60 seconds!

Old 11-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #47
brucestephenson
Tornado pictures with an average camera and a lousy photographer(me).

By popular request, here are my own pictures of the tornados in my own set-ups. The tornados were hatched between May 28 and June 23, 2005. The pictures were taken on November 6, 2005. So, they are in the Nov 6, 2005 pictures five to six months old.

I have put the identification number of each gecko in the title of each picture, including the pics taken by Urban Gecko, so that you can match them for comparison. I have many pictures of the tornados in my photo gallery: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/phot...00&ppuser=6942

Here are some of my favorites:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #48
groovygeckos
Very Nice Bruce, yes I de say you have quite a few pics there

Old 11-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #49
Chris@TSE
fantastic photos and geckos bruce! overpriced IMO, but still very nice!

Old 11-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #50
g&mgeckos
I can't see the last pictures you posted for some reason. But I really like those at the begining of the thread!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!