Tangerine Tornados from Urban Gecko - Pictures! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #51
saltwaterreptiles
Yup, those are screamers... nice to see them in NON-Urban pics as well... I always like to see these animals in pictures other than the vendors pics....

Can tell you are thrilled with them though, enjoy!

Old 11-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #52
brucestephenson
I just fixed the pictures. They should be there on my last post now.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #53
Blazin
Very nice Bruce. I'd like to see them in out in natural sunlight.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #54
g&mgeckos
Very nice Bruce! Also I like Chad would love to see some outdoor pics. They are screamers though.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #55
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin
Very nice Bruce. I'd like to see them in out in natural sunlight.
me too.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #56
brucestephenson
I shall obey your requests, and I thank you all for your nice comments.

Yes, they are very pricey; but you are talking to a guy who would not pay $1,400 for a piebald ball python, or an albino alligator. I guess it is all a matter of what floats your boat. I think some guy paid more than that for a slice of pizza on e-bay.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #57
Chris@TSE
very true, I've just came to conclusion that the camera urban uses does not appropriately represent the orange and red colorations in their leos. the snows and such look great, just seems certain cameras exaggerate those particular colors. Olympus and older canons especially.

their photos look fantastic, but from what i have seen the actual animals vary greatly and to me when spending that much on a tang it had better look identical to what influenced me to make my purchase. the photos sure make them look as if they are worth every penny, but whenever i see the very same animals in comparison to photos customers take they never look remotely the same to me. but their snows do. thats why i figured it was probably just their equipment. but perhaps its just me.

Don't get me wrong, Craig is a great guy, great animals too... there are just my observations to date.

for example.... your photos are great, and below are quite a few baldy tangs, urban lineage, that were $50-$70 each last season from shelly. they look alot like the photos you have taken, more lighting however. im sure if these very same animals were photographed using the "right" equipment, they would look alot like some of urbans photos. i've been tempted to purchase tangs from craig in the past, but never could bring myself to do so. I'll definately be on the prowl for a nice snow if he ever posts one though!

Old 11-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #58
Chris@TSE
also, if you want to see what i mean, take those outdoor photos and put them side by side with each of the ones from urban. again, just an observation.... dont want to stir anyones panties

(your photo female 1 to urban photo female 1, etc. etc.)

Old 11-08-2005, 01:10 PM   #59
Chris@TSE
i do have to admit though, even in your photos i do like the darker red those tornados display. who knows.... someday

Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #60
brucestephenson
Dang, those are superb tangerines for $50 - $70! A few of my finest oranges were $100 from small hobbyists.

I can honestly say that from my personal experience, that the tornados are a unique refinement in the tangerine lines. Definitely somehow different. You have to see them in person to believe. But, I am positive Kelli Hammack and Alberto have oranges that rank as high as tornados. I have just not been able to acquire their current best of the best, but I will work on it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!