Tangerine Tornados from Urban Gecko - Pictures! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #61
saltwaterreptiles
I think the thing that strikes me about yours Bruce, as Chris mentioned, is the almost reddish coloration within the head and body... I have one from Jason at Capital City Geckos that I believe has some TUG blood, and A&M as well, that has that orange in some neck and body sploches and its simply the richest color I have seen on a gecko, to see it in such large percentages as on the Tornados is amazing!

Chris... now thats a nice bucket of tang!

Old 11-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #62
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
Dang, those are superb tangerines for $50 - $70! A few of my finest oranges were $100 from small hobbyists.
Yes, we had purchased a group of snows from her at the time and decided some new blood for the tang project would be nice too. Could not pass them up

Quote:
I can honestly say that from my personal experience, that the tornados are a unique refinement in the tangerine lines. Definitely somehow different. You have to see them in person to believe.
I can see it in your photographs alone..... They are very nice. In comparison to what I own and have seen however I still say the photographs used to represent them seem enhanced in comparison to what comes out of the box after purchase. Again, I think this is just their equipment and not intentional.... Many other breeders out there have similar issues showing oranges and reds in their digital photography. We did too, I had to ditch our olympus last year.

Quote:
I am positive Kelli Hammack and Alberto have oranges that rank as high as tornados. I have just not been able to acquire their current best of the best, but I will work on it!
Yes they sure do! Thats why I had trouble bringing myself to purchase tangs from Craig. I was VERY close to doing it last season, and again this season when the tornados were listed, but I could not do it based on their photos. It was either insult him by asking if he had another type of camera to take the photos with, or pass. I didn't want to insult the man, so I passed.

I'm still hoping he has a snow i like soon, I am more than willing to dish out for one of those!!! Gotta love the snows

I was able to obtain some VERY amazing tangs in the past few seasons from people like Kelli @ Hisss, Albey, Alberto, Tundra Geckos, Etc. for much less than the $1500 or so tornados. And they were in most cases just as good as any Urban line animal I own or have seen..... Or better. In fact on of our most amazing tangs was purchased for under $700. To me there really isn't a tang out there worth much more than that unless we begin entering the realm of 50%CT or more..

I've hunted down and now own some of the best tangs I have been able to find, never once did I come close to the pricetag of a tornado.... Man I was tempted to buy a few though!

If the tornados go down a bit in pricing I still may dive in to diversify bloodlines, until then I'll work with what we have or wait till you have some babies for us next year Bruce! gluck bud.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #63
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwaterreptiles
Chris... now thats a nice bucket of tang!
Thank you Cory

Old 11-10-2005, 04:34 AM   #64
underrated831
yea im lookin at all the pics in your gallery and the first few that are really bright are bright because either the picture is dark or has been darkened. if you look at the third pic the gecko is lighter... you can compare the the paper towels that the geckos are on and the first 2 pics have realy dark paper towels. so itd be nice if yu can take pics of them in natural sunlight. and not blurry.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #65
raiquee
Bruce~

Gorgeous leos, you have a lot of fun this winter fatting them up!

I know when i first got into Leos, i didn't want anything to do with tangs. Everyone and their dog was working with tangs, and i told myself i didn't want to work with them. Well now seeing how far they have come along, I -GUESS- i can give in and get a couple Ya know, just as a little side project...lol

Old 11-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #66
brucestephenson
Thanks! I am addicted to the colors orange and red. All I have are tangerines and a few hybinos with which I hope to get an orange hybino strain going.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:13 AM   #67
Ian S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
me too.
Me three

Old 11-16-2005, 12:18 AM   #68
Chris@TSE
i nearly forgot! hey bruce, update us with some daylight photos man!

thanks bud

Old 11-16-2005, 01:57 AM   #69
JGgeckos
Definately some nice geckos , good buy ,
Josh Greenmyer
-JG(geckos-

Old 11-16-2005, 09:02 PM   #70
underrated831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian S.
Me three

me 4

id love to see them out in natural sunlight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!