INQUIRY - snowballsballpythons.com - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #71
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
so, someone going to try telling me that as long as he's not selling anything its quite alright that Tim masquerades under hidden identities trying to build up a name in order to eventually re-enter the marketplace and scam more people?

Didn't think so...
Did anyone know that is was Tim at that point of the thread? No they did not. So quit twisting crap around if you are capable.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #72
Powderfinger
Based on the ORIGINAL information posted, I stand by my thoughts that people have a right to privacy IF there is not selling/buying/trading involved. Of course information disclosed after-the-fact changes this particular thread, but I would hate for the BoI to turn into a simple witch hunt where everyone is considered guilty until proven innocent, and I fear that more than a few people already percieve it as such....

Thanks,

Scott

Old 12-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #73
Ghi Reptiles
OK....ok....ok....lets' relax a little bit. Thanks for everyones help and advice on this one. At least people will know who they are dealing with in the future when snowballsballpythons.com is selling something. I hate to say it but even if it wasn't Bowles....it had 'Bowles' written all over it.

If you were Tim Bowles...would you want anyone knowing who you are? That's whay he posts under aliases on forums, because he knows what people think of him...hence the website with no contact or background info.

Thanks again guys and gals!

Old 12-07-2005, 03:24 PM   #74
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Scott,

I don't think that anybody was pointing a finger of guilt at anyone but it's more like questioning of why someone with a publuc website that will gladly accept your money (in advance) choose to remain anonymous...and I think now we know.

Remember kids and cats I fell for that one with Bowles and got burned for $2,500.00. He then bragged that he spent the money he got from me on a truck...that's who we are dealing with.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #75
daniel1983
Apologies to Matt.

Did you suspect that this was Tim Bowles' site at the time of your initial post? I believe that trying to find information about an anonymous website that is suspected of being setup by a known bad guy is an entirely different situation than bashing some new reptile keeper's website because he does not feel comfortable sharing private info over the web. I truly believed this to be the second situation with the initial information that was provided but in light of recent developments I believe your inquiry was appropriate.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #76
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
Apologies to Matt.

Did you suspect that this was Tim Bowles' site at the time of your initial post? I believe that trying to find information about an anonymous website that is suspected of being setup by a known bad guy is an entirely different situation than bashing some new reptile keeper's website because he does not feel comfortable sharing private info over the web. I truly believed this to be the second situation with the initial information that was provided but in light of recent developments I believe your inquiry was appropriate.
Hey Daniel,

Like I have mentioned before when some anonymous person posts something bad about me...I can be pretty sure it's either Bowles or Pruett because I am really not that bad of a guy lol.

I posted a pastel female on the kingsnake ball forum and stated that she was one of my animals that I was just having fun with. Then some anonymous person started slamming me because I had ball pythons up for sale on Kingsnake at the same time. I have my personal collection that is for what I call fun and I also buy and sell others. So this person kept slamming me and Kingsnake removed the posts. I got a call from a friend that said this same person was on their forum and goes by 'Snowballs' there. So I asked 'SB' his name and he never responded except to ask what kind of camera I use for my pictures. I started checking to see if anybody knew this person so I could see who was slamming me. Well to make a long story not so long...I kept digging and as of last night I was assured it was Bowles by two different people and both were slam dunks.

Sooner or later he will figure out how life works...

Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #77
KelliH
Quote:
i must have missed the memo where people were required to contact other members of the forums with gossip or unproven suspicions so those others can avoid making themselves look like asses when threads took a surprising turn. i need to get me a new secretary darnit! lol
I don't think anyone that gave "snowballs" the benefit of the doubt made themselves look like asses. Just because I give someone the benefit of the doubt and do not "convict" them with absolutely no evidence or testimony from them does not make me an ass. That makes me a fair person that does not jump to conclusions.

Of course no one is required to contact other members of this forum with anything (DUH)! It would have been nice if Matt had at least said that he had a suspicion that "snowballs" might be Tim B, that way it would not have appeared that some innocent dude with a website showcasing his ball pythons was being slammed right and left.

But all in all I am glad this thread is here.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #78
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Kelli,

The only problem with me saying I think it might have been Bowles would be that my guess is people would have started in on him because of his checkered past anyway...that's a reason I wanted to wait until I was sure.

And NO APOLOGIES from anybody because they are not needed...you all had legitimate points.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #79
Chameleon Company
A little too much spin again !

Some of us take umbrage at the characterizaton of being "asses", explained later in the same post as
Quote:
the inquiry was quite legitimate yet people decided to begin taking sides before facts were in
That is not the case with this thread, or the taking of sides. I don't see anyone who took exception to the inquiry, and Matt I have no problem with your not coming out with all your suspicions initially, as you have explained. The exceptions taken were pretty well explained, and all because of the characterizations, scamming hunches expressed, etc, which were made before the facts were in. For others to claim some degree of far-sightedness or wisdom, or claim that many of us who did not have all the information yet and were suggesting restraint are asses, is a little like reading a book, then seeing the movie version and bragging that you "already figured out the ending" to the person sitting next to you! Well, "No feces Sherlock!" This is at least the second recent thread where certain posters had more inside information not yet posted, drew conclusions from it, and then wanted to sound like either they were special or those not so informed were not! Again Matt, no problem with the way you managed the thread, for you were not critical of those who took a different point-of-view prior to having suspicions shared with all.
Changing stride, I do not know this Bowles individual, and have no reason to want to. But for someone hoping to re-enter the business in a stealthy manner, he didn't exactly do a good job of staying below the radar !!

Old 12-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #80
WebSlave
Quite honestly, in my opinion, if Matt had accused the owner of that site for being who he thought it was, he could have come out of this with major egg on his face if it turned out not to be the case. Even so, before stronger evidence had been presented, he probably would have been accused of crying "wolf" and seeing boogie men under the bed. Also, those suspicions may very well have flavored the responses with the assumption that the accusation were in fact true. Sometimes the suggestion of an opinion when asking for opinions greatly influences the types of opinions you will receive.

My first inclination on seeing this thread was to remove it. This sort of thread, at face value initially, would have been more appropriate for the Web Watch forum rather then the BOI. But there was the suspicion that there was more then met the eye behind it, and I decided to wait to see what developed. It could always have been moved later on, if need be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!