Biodome/scorpian/leo/ plus extras - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
Mercedez
Wink Biodome/scorpian/leo/ plus extras

I just finished my 90 gallon rivertank habitat "biodome" It houses my pet iguana, two firebelly newts, 3 leo geckos, two green anoles, 1 king scorpian, and my red tailed boa. Im growing plants from my garden and hope to put some exotic plants like venus fly traps in there soon. The right side contains a small homemade waterfall made of pvc pipes and it dumps into 6-7 inches waterhole which will house my future painted turtles. I at first didnt think that this would work but all the animals seem to be getting along just fine this week. My earth science teacher told me that it will earn me some extra credit.( boy did i need it) im trying to get my dad to let me borrow his digital so stay tuned for some pics coming soon.

P.S- Does anyone know of a good automatic watering system. im trying to make this thing a completely a self controlling and cleaning ecosystem...
thanks

Old 01-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
StinaUIUC
ummm..............I really hope this isn't real......

Old 01-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
Mercedez
my dad is gettin me that digital tomorrow. pics to come

Old 01-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
ShannanD25
Mike,
Is your earth science teacher a moron? You need to seperate those reptiles immediatly. No one in their right mind would give you extra credit for housing animals that should not be housed together. An iguana with Leos with a red tail and scropian?Did I read this all right? Where did you get the idea that this would be okay to do? Leo breeders argue among themselves that even housing African Fat Tail geckos with Leos is a bad thing....Unless this habitat somehow has each species seperated in its own habitat, I wouldnt advise posting pictures of it here. i don't think you'll get to many good jobs from this crew. If your Earth Science teacher wants to give you extra credit then create a habitat with species that CAN live together that have similar habitat needs such as different anoles or turtles....I give the animals in that habitat about two weeks before they start dying off due to the stress and introduction of possible foreign disease and parasites to one another.....You simply can't house different species of reptiles together no matter how big the habitat is unless they are compatible...these aren't a bunch of dogs that will all get along and play. You need to consider these animals welfare over your grade and tell you earth science teacher to get a clue...

Old 01-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #5
ShannanD25
Please tell me this is a sick joke.....

Old 01-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #6
ByRandom
It has to be a joke. I don't think anyone is idiotic enough to put all of these animals together. This is just getting out of hand.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #7
Mercedez
he's a teacher. he obvisouly knows alot about science. all you guys are are people on forums. are any of you teachers. ? im not trying to be rude its just that i wasted alot of my allounce on these animals.
thanks

Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #8
ShannanD25
Mike, you shold have researched this first on your own. Please tell your teacher to come here and tell reputable, EXPERIENCED breeders why he thinks these species can be housed together.....
Just because he is an Earth Science teacher does not mean he knows the requirements of individual reptiles....I have a degree in Communications technology but that does not mean I can go work on a satelite...I doubt he ever had a specialized course in reptiles...everyone here has years of experience and alot of knowledge..these are the people to ask, not someone with a teaching degree. Like I said, please tell him about the flak you are, and will be getting for jeopardizing these creatures, and have him defend himself....we'll see just how "learned" of anEarth Science techer he is....
Please seperate those animals NOW before you lose them....

Old 01-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
ShannanD25
One other question, Mike it says you are 20? But you are talking about your teacher and getting an allowance(not a professor and paycheck)? How old are you really?

Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 PM   #10
StinaUIUC
Being a teacher does not mean he knows ANYTHING about the care of the animals you claim you are keeping together. Yeah, we're people on forums...but many of us are college grads (or near grads) or have been keeping/breeding reptiles for years...some well over 10 years. These are people to be RESPECTED. The animals you are claiming to keep together WILL kill eachother! If not by direct attack or eating...from being introduced to foreign parasites/disease, or from stress being housed with foreign species, or from being in an improper environment (leopard geckos in a rivertank habitat???...). Did you take even 5 minutes to look up the care of ANY of these species?????

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!