Bad Guy Arachnophiliacs (Bruce Carr) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #81
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive-Man View Post
I'm pretty sure you can make up the missing .....
I;'m prety sure you know what goes there XXXXXXXX.
You are confusing and rude, seems deliberate. Or perhaps one too many beers.
In any case, why not step away until you can voice some coherent thoughts and POST SOME PROOF.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #82
Snake-Queen
Another swing and a miss ... so, saying you sent her to one lab and was sending to a second lab, was BS. This question is the one you continue to dodge.

IMHO, you sir are a liar.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #83
Arachnophiliac
Wow, this has turned into a lengthy debacle.. I will try to address everyone's concerns as fully as possible!

Chris:
I never claimed the photos did not work, just that your diagnosis was incorrect. On the phone you had not mentioned any issue whatsoever with my offer of a replacement and had not mentioned any concern regarding illness or disease. The conversation was amicable and I spent some time with you attempting to figure out why she had died (when the smaller emilia did not) and concluded that physical shock was likely the cause (a fat, healthy, larger spider does not bounce around as well as a smaller, lighter one). Since then, I have been falsely accused by you on a number of accusations that have no basis and are completely false. I have no issues with nematodes here and you have failed to prove otherwise. Zooming in does not make them appear and the photo is clear enough already to see what they aren't as well as show healthy book lungs. The interesting thing I noticed about those photos is that the "nematodes" appeared quite some time after death. You claim to be experienced with the problem of nematodes, yet did not notice them when you inspected the spider the first day and apparently, you also still do not realise that they are quite visible when a spider is still alive. Nematodes deteriorate the health of spider in a downward spiral and yet, she was fat and healthy and in excellent shape, not a sick and dying tarantula suffering from a fatal illness. Perhaps what you saw later on or on the subsequent days came afterwards. Phorid flies are very common around pet store or anywhere where there are large numbers of crickets and appear within minutes of death, like most flies that feed on carcasses. There are many parasites that occur in nature and for spiders this means pretty much flies, wasps and nematodes. None of these parasites are common here in Canada (most parasites are very host specific and we have no tarantulas (soil nematodes commonly found here do not parasitise tarantulas)), even in wc animals imported from the tropics. I have dealt with tarantulas for nearly three decades (longer than nearly anyone in this country and longer than most outside of it) and can assure you of this. Also, if they are so easy to treat, then I have no idea why you refused the replacement. I have no idea what "supplies" you needed to throw away. I unpack my tarantulas with my hands and those can be washed quite easily.

The spider also did not drown. Again, your photo shows the paper towel immediately after unpacking and it is not even wet and clearly has not been wrung out. The different "look" of dead tarantulas is actually useful in diagnosing why they died and this is why I ask for photos. Replacement or not, I love these animals and aspire to provide the best conditions for them both here and in transit. I'm not altogether sure that is a scar (on her left side), but if it is, scars are scars and do not indicate being "eaten alive". They can be caused by a bad moult, a bite from a cricket that has been grabbed by the spider or any number of other factors.

Spiderlings in the Canadian hobby are indeed nearly always CB and this is even more true of spiders from closed countries (Mexico), listed on CITES (Brachypelma) and rare species (klaasi). Why on earth you feel justified to tell anyone that this is definitely a wc specimen is beyond me. Anyone who has watched my list over the years has seen these appear on my list as 1/3" spiderlings and grow over time. You told me yourself that you had been watching my list and felt that I had extremely healthy spiders and that after such terrible experiences with the only two other spider dealers in the country, you were looking forward to dealing with me. What a turnaround.

You have accused me of lies, but what lies have I made? I never resized the photos, Fauna did and this has been followed up on. The email thread I posted was exactly as it occurred, removing only the messages prior, relating to shipping quotes et al and not pertaining to this matter. Indeed, this whole thing does look fishy. We are all waiting for the lab result and the reason for a second lab to be involved. I am still puzzled by your explanation of why you didn't accept a replacement or ship back the emilia and by the way, shipping was 63$ for priority shipping including heat pack and styro. Your total of 90$ for shipping was due to your insistence of sending a money order (which you instructed me to forge your signature on) when I told you to send an EMT (cost $1.50, cleared within an hour) or deposit directly to my account (free and instant) at the same bank you purchased the money order from. You say that "there are other matters with this T", but what are they and why haven't you mentioned them to anyone yet?

Everyone else:
Yes, there were other photos sent by Chris, but none any clearer. These two were the clearest of the bunch to my eye and not altered in any way. Here are a couple of snapshots of the last two siblings that I have. I apologise for the quality, it is a lousy cell phone camera!

Female ventral:

Female:

Male:

All of these photos show healthy spiders, the male having recently moulted. Cheers,
Bruce

Old 10-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #84
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
What were the results from the first lab?
I believe the "first lab" was himself.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #85
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
I believe the "first lab" was himself.

I believe you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #86
Billy1138
Another BOI where the OP looks more like the "bad guy". He's defensive and rude to others, and ignoring requests for evidence. The "bad guy" is professional in his posts, cordial, has posted solid evidence etc.

Becoming easy to see the real "bad guy"

Old 10-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #87
Mikkwa
Worse yet is the OP (Illusive-Man) is in the business of selling tarantulas. Given his rude manners and lack of coming forth with solid evidence, what does that say to potential customers reading this BOI?

If it were me, I'd be avoiding any contact with Illusive-Man and anything he offers for sale.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #88
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkwa View Post
Worse yet is the OP (Illusive-Man) is in the business of selling tarantulas.
I did not realize that.
Take this with a grain of salt because I'm no expert either at identifying Ts or researching photos,
but because of the lack of good evidence and the fact that the other T was not sent back (I don't see where he even asked, and he could have asked to be compensated for the shipping back if he had good hard evidence), it has occurred to me that the deceased might not be the same T that was sent. There are pix, I don't know how much credence to give them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!