Info on Chondros - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Mr.Combine
Info on Chondros

Hey guys, would a Chondro be more of a beginner or advanced kind of snake and could I have a little info on some, thanks.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Junkyard
They are considered to be for more advanced keepers. In my experience they are not difficult to keep at all(maybe because I was well aware of the needs of reptiles in general from my previous keeping and I took to advice quickly). Good humidity, heat, and perches and they have been doing great.

The best information I have gotten for chondros was from the book The More Complete Chondro by Greg Maxwell.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
christopher66
Info

Go to
www.finegtps.com
It is THE website for info,also
MoreliaViridis@www.ezboard.com and
ChondroWebForums@www.ezboard.com
Youll find all you need at those sites

christopher frank
floridacracker@myway.com
2.0.2 Chondropython
1.0.0 Woma Python
1.0.0 Dobermann Pinscher
0.1.0 Thoroughbred race horse

Old 07-14-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
ravensgait
A Chondro isn't a beginner animal, compared to other pythons they are a bit touchy.
Their care requirements are more exact then most snakes.
If you're interested in having one I'd suggest getting something easier to keep to learn from and in the mean time do research on Green Trees.

I keep a number of Chondro's and there are others who visit this forum who keep them as well. If you have specific questions ask away and we'll do our best to get you good answers. The sites mentioned above are geared to Chondro's only and have tons of info for you to read. Randy

Old 07-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
liquidleaf
If you want a snake that you can take out and hold whenever you want, a Chondro probably wouldn't be best because they can't be handled at night/during darkness, and some are unpredictable even during daylight, though I've heard some can get quite tame. They are beautiful though, and decorating a nice-looking habitat with perches is one of the good points - they aren't super heavy-bodied and so don't destroy cage furniture as much as other snakes.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
Mr.Combine
In terms of experience with reptiles and arachnid etc. I'm very experienced, I've had tarantulas, Emperor scorps, Veiled and Jackson CHameleons, African Spur Thighs, Russian Tortoises, Leopard Geckos and Pac-man frogs along with a Burmese and a Northern Pinesnake. To be honest I've never really had a tree snake so I just wanted some tips.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #7
christopher66
Hello,Mr.Co

Just go to Greg Maxwells web site.Or browse the other two.
GMs book is the way to go to become informed with out having to be patronized,it happend to me too. But i still will ask when i dont know.
Hope those web sites help.and dont be afraid to ask.

Christopher Frank
2.0.2 chondropython
1.0.0 Woma
0.1.0 Hypo Jaguar carpet python
2.0.0 Dobermann Pinscher
0.1.0 Thoroughbred race horse