The Best Story....... EVER - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:57 AM   #1
prehistoric
The Best Story....... EVER

My brother and I own Prehistoric Pets in Chino or reptileguru.com. On Feb. 4th my brothers’ wife gave birth to twin girls. I spent about 5 hours at the hospital and it was a great day. I get to work at 4:30 and about an hour later four guys come into my store and are asking about our green tree python on the counter. Now I’ve been in this business for 6 years and I can usually spot a thief right away. These guys were acting strange and I had a really bad feeling. So for some reason and I never do this, I write down their license plate number. They leave the store and I check all the merchandise, everything is there so I throw away the paper with the license plate number. At 1am I get a call that there is a glass break at my store. I hall ass to the store and the police are already inside guns drawn. I look through the window and guess what’s missing? The entire green tree python cage and four blue dart frogs and their cage. Now I’m pissed, and not only did these pieces of S### break my windows, which aren’t cheep, they stole two nice cages and my reptiles. I tell the cops I know who did this and start digging through a 55 gallon trash can for the paper with the license number. Finally I find it and give the plate number to the cops. I sit there with my brother and girlfriend till 4 am waiting for someone to board up my windows when my cell phone rings. Its cops and they tell me that they went to the house that the plate number was registered to and found my reptiles. That was the greatest feeling ever, these pieces of s### broke into my store, hid their faces from the cameras and still got caught because I got a FEELING and wrote down their license plate number. They were 19 years old and they are going to jail for felony burglary. Justice Served

Old 02-10-2005, 06:45 AM   #2
DAND
Cool

Great news. Glad to hear they didn't get away with it.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
Wilomn
I am glad as well. Good job guruguy.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
cthulhu77
Nice when that happens ! Had a similar experience in a store about a decade ago...two guys scoping out the macaws...and wouldn't you know it, a 3 a.m. wake up call from the security company...these yahoos were on video though, and did get caught shortly thereafter. Glad to hear you came out ok, and the cops caught the sorry s.o.b.'s !!!
greg

Old 02-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
reptilebreeder
That is an awesome story. I hope they do some hard time

ps- your brother is in for some fun times. My twin daughters turned 18 a few months ago.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
Mickey_TLK
Man Im glad to hear you got the sob's

I had a very similar situation about 8 years ago, on my Birthday...LOL. Seems like the theives know how to hit on "good days"...LOL.

They cut a hole in my wall and took everything. I had a suspect and turned him into the cops. THEY CALLED AND ASKED HIM IF HE HAD MY ANIMALS. Needless to say my story didnt turn out as nicely as yours. Gotta hate the theives man..lol.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
MGReptiles
Well hopefully that will be punished by bubba as well..lol..Good Job........

Old 02-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Royal
I love a story with a happy ending...Wish I found the ones who broke in to my house!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!