Barbeta male? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
lostathome69
Barbeta male?

I have aquired a femalebarbeta with high color and i was wondering if anyone knew where to get a male with color barbeta bearded dragon?

Please let me know about this if anyone knows where or has one.

Please e-mail me at Lostathome69@yahoo.com

Thanks alot
-John

Old 12-19-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
lostathome69
Exclamation Barbata male?

I have done alot of research and the barbata is also called the "Eastern Bearded dragon" and "pogona barbata".

I would like a male with color that is a barbata. Besides directly from Aus. Dose anyone know where to got one? I have recieved a female and would like to breed them as pures and sell their babies. The female is het for red and yellow. the male has to be color filled as well to produce beautiful babies.

If i can fiind one with deceant price, i can promis a baby from the clutch that they will produce this summer.

thanks all for looking and helping

-john

Lostathome69@yahoo.com

Old 12-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
Mark and Aimee
Pogona barbata is difficult to find in the US. Very few people have pure stock. I'd be curious to find out where you obtained a pure female.

Based on the information you've provided, I'd venture to guess you have either a vitticeps/barbata cross, or a vitticeps. There are not "het for red" or "het for yellow" dragons. Virtually all bearded dragon color is selectively line bred, with (maybe) the exception of the leucistics.

You might want to check with Sandfire Dragon Ranch - Alan might have some barbata breeding for him...

Old 12-19-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
lostathome69
I traded . . .

I traded with JNS Dragons and they got them from germany. That is how it is pure barbata. Her babies i was told would be red but she shows alot of yellow.

I will contact the dragon ranch and ask them.

Thanks you.

-john

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!