Bad Guy Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #11
BlueCrowned
I am not really seeing where Mitch claimed that in the first place... Am I missing something? Unless you asked for a hold or money changes hands the seller isn't obligated to wait for you. Tons of people flake out all the time after asking a question even if the seller answers them. They just never reply after the seller took all that time to get an answer. You aren't entitled to an animal just because you made an inquiry. And it sounds like he *did* keep you informed by letting you know they were sold instead of just leaving you in the dust.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #12
Scallahan72
Lucille, no problem. I have posted them down below.
I'll publicly admit here that if in some, strange way, that being transparent with potential sellers is not valued in these types of transactions, and only monetary commitment or holding commitment matters, then I would encourage people to follow Lucille's advice. To anybody reading, please do not purchase from me. I am clearly irrational, and it is good this post is here so everybody can see that.

I would also like to publicly respond to Mitch's latest email: Mitch, That was a very mature response of you. Truly something to be expected from somebody with 20+ in the industry with nothing but good things for people to say. Barring your blatantly offensive remarks, let me make something clear to everybody: it was a gecko. A gecko. There are others ones out there. There are other breeders out there. I could not care less about not getting the gecko itself. I am on here writing this because of your business conduct. I am sorry you felt the need to write such a hasty and poor mannered response. I personally, like I have said in my emails and response, felt bad that I had the urge to write this post, but I value transparency very much. I am, however, willing to admit when I am wrong, which I don't believe I am here. Your friends may say differently, which is to be expected. But that is what the BOI is for.

Email thread:

Feb 9 (3 days ago)
to WHYTEARK
Hey Mitch,

Hope you are well. You have some beautiful U. milli up for sale. How much do they weigh? Also, would you be willing to do $400 for 1.1? I would pay shipping as well (I am in NJ, so I imagine it would be between $60-$70). Thanks!

Feb 9 (3 days ago)
to me
Hi I haven’t weighed them , all I have are the 3 females in ad...

Feb 9 (3 days ago)
to Mitch
Got it. I saw multiple ads so I may have thought they were for different. sexes. I'd still potentially be interested in a female if you wouldn't mind weighing one? Thank you!

Feb 9 (3 days ago)
to Mitch
Just to make a correction: I am extremely interested in them. For me it’s basically just a matter of weights and seeing which one weighs what.

Feb 10 (2 days ago)
to me
Got it. I can weigh when I get back from Vegas later. Thanks

Feb 10 (2 days ago)
to Mitch
Awesome. Thanks so much

9:29 PM (12 hours ago)
to me
Oops just realized. I forgot to get back milli are all sold. Thanks !!

10:58 PM (11 hours ago)
to Mitch
Well, that's really annoying of you. I asked, you affirmed I could get one, and then you tell me this.

(Aside: I'll admit upfront, perhaps here we had a difference on what it meant to affirm I could get one. This is clear by all of your statements on what affirmation means in this context. It was heavily implied by his diction in my opinion. I will admit that. But, I digress.)

11:09 PM (11 hours ago)
to Mitch
Just to give you a fair warning, I wrote a review about affirming I could purchase an animal from you only for you to tell me that you sold them all on the Fauna BOI. Sorry, as I hate feeling compelled to write such reviews. But, I had to, as that was extremely unprofessional of you. Take care.

3:00 AM (7 hours ago)
to me
Oh thank you for my 1 st bad review in 20 years. Sorry but it’s 1st come - you said you were interested and wanted weights which was fine until someone called and just bought them all no questions... thanks again !!

8:59 AM (1 hour ago)
to Mitch
Sorry to hear that it’s your first one. I’m surprised you made such a rookie mistake then.

9:36 AM (46 minutes ago)
to me
yes, but unfortunately youve now been exposed for being the little sissy homo - run to boi because you didnt get your lil lizard crybaby that you are... if YOU didnt make such a rookie mistake you may have had a cool gecko. have a good one Smack Ass !! lmao

I'll attach a photo of the email threat too for further legitimacy.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #13
JCCS
"yes, but unfortunately youve now been exposed for being the little sissy h%@$ - run to boi because you didnt get your lil lizard crybaby that you are... if YOU didnt make such a rookie mistake you may have had a cool gecko. have a good one Smack A*# !! lmao"

Mitch, Mitch, Mitch. You could have come off of this looking glowing. The adult in the room compared to the crazy expectations of someone who just doesn't get how this whole thing works. Then you sent that last email and blew it all by demeaning the guy with bigoted BS insults and showed your true colors. I'm glad you showed how well you handle adversity. I get that the guy was being annoying but the fact that you would not only insult the guy but make gay slurs as an insult shows what type of human being you are. People that are initially in the right would be smart to just let things go and let the truth be exposed. There was no need for that, but you just had to get that last little barb in and I for one hope you lose a lot of money because of it.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #14
Stephenson8011
Well there’s one more breeder/seller I won’t be purchasing from. Like “James” just said you were in the right until you went way WAY wrong.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #15
Scallahan72
I would agree with James here. Just to complete the record here, although I find some of others' language a bit strong on this post. Perhaps, like James said that I "Just don't get how this whole thing works." Again, I'll admit that. I personally think differently but I'll admit that. I agree that last email was unacceptable, even if I did strike him as annoying. If I did, I apologize for that, as it was not my intention, and I've certainly learned a few things here today. Thanks for all your feedback into my personal actions, as even though they were critical, I think they're good for making me a better member of this industry going forward.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #16
Stephenson8011
Sean, I’ve been in and out of the hobby for 20 years. I personally wouldn’t hold it against a breeder/seller to jump on a sale over a potential sale even if it is really reliable. They need to make a living. For this BOI thread I think the unprofessionalism that Mitch shows would be a better basis for why you posted. But that’s just my opinion.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #17
Scallahan72
Timothy, I fully agree. As I’ve stated previously, I will admit that perhaps I have not been in the industry long enough to understand how such things work. I have my own opinions about it if that’s how it works collectively, but I cannot change the system, so I’ll play the game and know forward that Mitch was justified for selling the anaimls before letting me know of their status. But yes, I hope that people from reading this BOI understand and forgive my lack of knowledge and apparent misunderstanding of the system and how it works, and Mitch’s appalling unprofessionalism and offensive remarks.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Then you sent that last email and blew it all by demeaning the guy with bigoted BS insults and showed your true colors. I'm glad you showed how well you handle adversity. I get that the guy was being annoying but the fact that you would not only insult the guy but make gay slurs as an insult shows what type of human being you are.
I agree. Mitch that was really uncalled for even if you were aggravated.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #19
WHYTEARK
Well I do apologize for my temper, perhaps I should have waited a bit to reply to him and not played into him or let it get to me, It brought out the worst in me as I simply don’t like being messed with for no reason, and that was a private e mail where I simply vented a bit in private after losing my temper. I knew he would likely post that on here. Anyways it is what it. it was an unjustified boi post, regardless of my personal response to him which was obviously just venting... now I’m a bad guy ? welcome to Retail online sales and the Boi. Thanks Everyone !

Old 02-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #20
BlueCrowned
It's not just your temper. It's the fact that homophobic slurs are apparently acceptable insults in your world. As a queer person myself I now would absolutely never do business with you. I don't deal with homophobic businesses

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!