Genitics and my Odds Your Odds.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Cp3_Pythons
Genitics and my Odds Your Odds..

After hours of negotiating seriously hours
Im now the proud owner of

1.0 Pinstripe 100% DBL Het Albino/Pied
&
0.1 Spider 100% DBL Het Albino/Pied

Naturally Im aiming to hit the Pied Albino Spinner with these genetics Who wouldn't right?...

Genetics works in funny ways sometimes... How many of you have worked with 100% hets and have hit the odds right off bat, Or have swung and missed the first second third OMG I finally hit it?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Jerry_c_62
I have a pair of Het Albinos that I have hit an albino with two clutches in a row. One clutch only had 1 good egg the other had 5. I got a pleasant surprise when I was told, after inquiring about an unusual appearance on a couple "normals" from that 5 egg clutch, that there is a line of albino that hatches out visual hets and it appears that this is the line I have and I got two, 1.1 FYI. But I digress. I also have two pair of het pieds and have not hit a pied yet trying for three seasons, *$&% it. Some one else on this forum had gotten a pair of het pieds and tried for, like 6 or seven years before she finally hit the pied. So you are REALLY looking at the long shot. Is what you hope for possible in the first shot? Of course, but not very likely. I am sure I am not telling you anything you don't already know.

If I understand the math correctly, you should have about a 1.5% shot to hit it with what you say you have. But even if you don't hit that chance it should still be very exciting to see what comes out when they start sticking their little heads into the real world.

Good Luck

Old 09-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Cp3_Pythons
That it should the combo's that I could produce with these two are nice anyway I go even If I dont hit the Pied Albino Spinner ( Im not counting on it so I wont be that upset if I dont hit it LoL)Personally I think Im going to hit either the Pied or the Albino but not both at the same time presently visable in one offspring.
However Im planning on pairing him with a 100% Pied female I've had for some time but no-one to put her with Im thinking I'm going to hit the Pied on that paring But only time will tell....

Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
gsrept
its easier to hit on single genetics then trying to hit a super with recessive or double recessive, look at the panda pied 1 in existance 1 in 16 shot to hitif you only have 6 to 8 eggs the odds are not in your favor. good luck

Old 09-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
Utta
Yeea, but what would have happend if he didn't try? The pandapied wouldn't be around.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
gsrept
not saying not to do it just showing that it is harder to hit, i have a black pastel pied project going for the last three years. i have double het caremel glow i hit on the ghosts and the caremel every year and have missed on the glow for the last four years.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
Utta
Guess i misunderstood you. My apologies.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
Cp3_Pythons
Oh I know the odds are going to be hard to hit for the Pied Albino Spinner. Thats why Im thinking Im either going to hit the Pied or either the Albino But not both at the same time.
IMHO its worth a shot either way. If I hit it I hit it If not try again right?

Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
JHMills
Wow! I'm jealous LOL

Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
Cp3_Pythons
Nothing to be jealous about for now unless I hit the odds of bat Very Doubtfull although Thank You as well

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!