calling all caiman lizard owners - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
WolfPaw
calling all caiman lizard owners

I am interested in seeing what you guys might think of some of my ideas for an older caiman lizard. I'm getting a '10 hatchling so i got some time before i need the adult cage, and right now i have his quretine cage set up.

For an adult i was looking at the large wetland turtle tubs and making a plexi glass or screen walls around it with a door near the ramp. Using PVC pipe to make a bar across the top to hang the lights off. This would allow for a nice deepish pool and still have a good size land section. Of corse there would be branchs overhanging the whole water area for basking and lookouts.

The next idea would be making an indoor built in pond, much like i have seen with crocs. Problem with this is i could not move it ever.

Also while i got your attention i was wondering if any of you got pictures of what yours look like now? Anyone have some from the '09 group?

Again im just planning cause i know with my tegus these grow fast and if you don't plan ahead you end up with a 3 foot lizard in a 3 foot cage and there is no way i would let that happen.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
BARF0MAGA
8x4x4, 2ft high water, sticks and logs comin out of water

Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 AM   #3
ninobrown
hey man are you looking to sell your caiman ive been looking for years but cant seem to find one Can you help me?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #4
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninobrown View Post
hey man are you looking to sell your caiman ive been looking for years but cant seem to find one Can you help me?
try
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=266611

Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
WolfPaw
Not looking to sell at, in fact looking to buy a female. There are two in the classifieds here and a few on kingsnake. It looks like no imports this year so far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!