For Sale 1.1 black milksnakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes

Notices

Old 09-14-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
TheSnakeFarm
1.1 black milksnakes

1.1 black milksnakes, hatched by me late 2019. Parents said to be from San Antonio Zoo stock but unfortunately no documentation available.

Both are eager feeders, frozen or live, and also have that great, dog-tame black milk disposition. Sire and dam are both over six feet, so you know they’re going to get big.

$1,000 via PayPal (no friends and family nonsense btw), plus actual shipping cost. TRADES FOR HIGH-END HONDURANS CONSIDERED.

Pics below, male is the one in shed.

Text only, (415) 528-0859. Please don’t try contacting me here on FC as I won’t see it. Thanks.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-14-2020, 10:44 PM   #2
MasonP13
is that like, anery milk snake, or is that a mbk with milk? Looks neat!!

Old 09-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #3
TheSnakeFarm
Hi they’re black milk snakes, lampropeltis triangulum gaigeae.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-14-2020, 11:18 PM   #4
MasonP13
OH! I am very dumb with some of these names, and hadn't realized! That's pretty awesome!

Old 09-15-2020, 02:09 AM   #5
hcarlton
*L. micropholis gaigae*

Old 09-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #6
Socratic Monologue
No, L. micropholis, Limon Province, actually. There are no subspecies in the former L. triangulum complex anymore.

http://reptile-database.reptarium.cz...es=micropholis

home.gwu.edu/~rpyron/publications/Ruane_et_al_2014.pdf

Old 09-16-2020, 03:25 AM   #7
hcarlton
Still plenty of subspecies recognized, just not under triangulum. As that link states, gaigae is now a micropholis subspecies, and the paper only delineates the separate species, not further examination of subspecies.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:32 AM   #8
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
As that link states, gaigae is now a micropholis subspecies, and the paper only delineates the separate species, not further examination of subspecies.
I think you're misreading. If by 'that link' you mean The Reptile Database, no valid ssp. are listed there for L. micropholis. A person can look to other listings to compare e.g. L. pyromelana: http://reptile-database.reptarium.cz...elana%27%29%29

Also, Ruane et al clearly elevate the ssp (and describe the Costa Rica locale morphological differences):

"The oldest known subspecies within the proposed range of the SA lineage is L. t. micropholis, originally described as a species with the holotype from Panama (Academy of Natural Sciences 3427). We designate the SA lineage as L. micropholis. Subspecies synonymized with L. micropholis include L. t. gaigeae and L. t. andesiana."

Old 09-17-2020, 12:09 AM   #9
thamnophis123
I assume at this price they are gold plated?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!