A ban-free environment - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Should I take the high road and not ban anyone?
Yes, but don't throw away the keys quite yet. 13 22.41%
No, too much chance of abuse here. 21 36.21%
You're the boss, do what you want. 24 41.38%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2003, 12:49 PM   #41
Stardust
As I do a lot of weeding in my personal life, I do understand what Wendy is saying. I believe the last soap saga I watched was the Luke and Laura saga, long long ago.
I do not agree with having to pay to be on this site. I have not "donated" money although I do support and buy from the sellers of this site.
I do agree with having a fine given to get back in. It does not harm the people who do not break the rules, and hits the offenders where it hurts, the pocket book. They do then have a choice on whether they can stick up for themselves and they are paying for the consequences of their actions. As the point system should be lowered since the no banning the fines should get stiffer when there are repeat offenders.
Rich, I understand that you have a lot to do. I have also seen a lot of people here that do not bend your rules. Perhaps instead of looking at other sites and moderators there, you should try and trust one or two of your oh so loyal cult followers to give you a hand. You can give limited abilities until you feel comfortable to give full reins.

Old 11-19-2003, 01:24 PM   #42
WebSlave
Ken is doing a fine job as moderator here. Ritchie really isn't in that role, but on occasion he will do so as needed. I am comfortable with their abilities, even though there are times when I might have done something differently.

I don't believe anyone other than the owner of a site should have admin rights for day to day activities. I know that if I logged into my own site one morning and found that my *admin* had completely changed the structure, I would be just a bit irritated about it. Or maybe they did an *oopsie*, and deleted the database.

Actually I was only kidding about charging people that were banned to come back on here. But heck, if things get tight with the advertising, maybe I will do that. And at the same time, set the ban level to 1 warning point... Retroactively, of course.

But truthfully, I would rather not have any disincentives for people to join in here. Even the bad guys have their place for pure entertainment purposes. And they can be very instructive to new people to see exactly how NOT to act in a situation.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:21 PM   #43
Gary O
Man this is right up my alley

I see you already made your choice. I am kinda upset at myself for missing this thread.

Webslave I am not advertising none lol just posting my opinion. But as Seamus stated on page one my site has The War Rooms and one of them rooms is an anything goes room. Mostly for BS and to keep the BS off my other forums. I really thought about having a no banning no rules message board, but I knew it would not work. Who would join then right? lol So I made a forum for it, it has worked nicely too.

Banning people sucks. And for the service you provide it really sucks. lets say someone gets banned then next week gets on a bad guy thread on the BOI.........

I read the here often but never post as I have stated before. There is no real reason for it other then I run two other message boards and am a mod on another and I get lazy lmao.

But Webslave you run a great site here and you should be proud of what you have. Many people that have sites are shooting for what you have. Keep up the great work!

Oh yeah........I agree with Webslave about the mod thing. Only he should have admin powers. Then he knows what is going on at all times with his site. And I also agree you should know your mods cause they can destroy what you have built.

AGF

Old 11-27-2003, 02:41 AM   #44
dvf1973
yes no answers/ better late than never

unless its the threat of physical harm, or sexual, racial, or religious slander no- i love this freedom, for its our most important,words are just that, i do feel you could use this warning system in an affectual way like hey dont respond to this one guy hes got 300 warnings, to me that would be a ya mess with fire kind of warning, and boo hoo to you if you get your feelings hurt, so many places are so tip toeish but its all a matter of opinion and or reaction , thanks d

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!