Chat is dead? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:50 PM   #1
WebSlave
Chat is dead?

Anyone still using the chat room?

I'm in a kind of "use it, or lose it" mood lately.......

Old 11-18-2003, 12:01 AM   #2
JungleHabitats
chat

Yeah some of us do use it its not a highway by anymeans but does get some use ... but if you want to axe it lol its yours to axe

Old 11-18-2003, 02:09 AM   #3
WebSlave
No, I'm thinking more on the line of dropping the exclusive use of HerpChat.com to users of FaunaClassifieds. Doesn't appear to be that much of a perk to registered members, so I will just open it up to public access through the domain name portal.

I would just like to think my work was being used, so I guess I don't need to be concerned with who exactly uses it. I've already paid for the software, so it doesn't cost me anything more to just throw the doors open.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:04 PM   #4
demonmckee
Thumbs up

i haven't been online at all the last few monthes, with moving and all. but i have always enjoyed the chat rooms here and will hopefully continue to use them.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
WebSlave
Has the "ChatMeister" abandoned his post?

Old 12-08-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
JungleHabitats
Who is the chat Meister ?

lol and what post is he at

Old 12-09-2003, 01:45 AM   #7
MR_Jungle_Mist
Chat is alive in everyone of us. On the face of every child....

Abandoned my post? Moi??

Well, ok, I admit it doesn't look good. Actually, I thought I'd gotten the ball rolling but it appears as though it's not kept up it's momentum if the last week has anything to say about it.

The scheduled chats were put on hold because the amount of participants did not really warrant the work put into organizing them. I couldn't guarantee a good turn-out and some guests would not commit to a chat if there was a chance less than 5 people would be present.

I, myself, have been staying busy for the past little while. Real life kind of just crept up on me.

If no one minds I'll give it until the end of the holidays before getting back into chatmeistering again.

In the meanwhile, I urge everyone to use the chat room! If you go in and find yourself alone, wait a few minutes and someone else should be along shortly. If you just keep popping in and out you'll miss everyone else doing the same thing. It only takes one or two people in there for others to stick around and then, all of a sudden, you've got a conversation going on!

If you don't feel like sitting there and staring at an empty room go to your settings and checkmark the sound for when people enter or leave the room. While you surf around in another window you'll hear when someone comes into the room.

I'll work on coming in, myself, and keeping folks around with my sparkling personality. Come in and say hi!

btw, Alan, the post I am at is EMT and FireFighter training.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:22 AM   #8
WebSlave
Thanks, Steven. I was beginning to worry about you. The other regulars said you had become irregular...... LOL!

Old 12-09-2003, 11:36 AM   #9
ms_terese
Quote:
The other regulars said you had become irregular...... LOL!
Oh, I could tell you stories about that....

Old 12-09-2003, 04:58 PM   #10
niki
Talking new member

Ive just registered as a member are things really that bleak at this chat room

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!