Bad Guy Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business) !! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:55 PM   #11
bobbyleigh
This is the transaction for payment thru Paypal:

notice the date the money was sent (10/27/15)

The next is the ad: My response was posted on 10/27/15, money was sent the same day. The ad was re-posted on 10/28/15.
As you can see, I am in CA, the person inquiring to buy on the following day is in TN. Sure seems fishy to me, that after he posted interest in the unit, she decided to refund my money. What would you think?
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2015, 02:16 PM   #12
BethLVT
Hello all,
I did indeed make a deal with bobbyleigh and just to throw in there, I have never shipped such a heavy/large item before, as I am a hobbyist and do not own a business. I work full time and Thursday afternoons are my only afternoon off and as discussed with bobbyleigh, I packaged the rack and went to the ups store to ship items as we had arranged. It took me about 2 hours to get everything securely pack, as I take pride in how things are shipped to people. I was hoping to get to ups store sooner, but rushed there before they closed. When I got there around 6:20p.m. eastern time (they close at 6:30 p.m.) They quoted me $300 and I decided to wait as I would be paying out of pocket to ship these and it was WAY more than I'd expected. I immediately refunded his money to show that I was not trying to take his money and left a memo that I refunded for now due to quoted shipping and if he was still interested I would look into better shipping options. He called me irate and accused me of lying to him about shipping quote and he accused me of reposting the ad the day after sell was made (which I did not) I told him that I had not posted anything, but the original ad and someone had inquired about the rack system the same day he accused me of reposting and from what I could tell this bumped the thread date to the new date of inquiry. can anyone back me up on that, as this is the first time I have posted on fauna?? So he cussed me out, called me a liar and accused me of many things that I did not do and I tried to explain, but he just got more angry and hung up on me only to call me again, yell and cuss at me and hang up once more. He then sent me a very hateful email. I never responded because it was obvious that I was getting nowhere with this gentlemen. I will, however, defend myself here where people will see my side and maybe be more open to the detail. I never lied to this man 1 time. I would have tried to figure something out to get the racks to him at a more economical rate. I attempted going online before taking payment and thought shipping would be much less. I feel badly that I misquoted originally, but as I said, I have never shipped something this large and it was a unfortunate error on my part, but I did not intend any malice in any way.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #13
BethLVT
I do have screen shots of emails sent and as soon as I figure out how to attach I will

Old 10-31-2015, 02:24 PM   #14
BethLVT
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  162.8 KB

Old 10-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
BethLVT
This is the refund with my memo right after leaving ups store

Old 10-31-2015, 02:30 PM   #16
BethLVT
This is his first email after incident

Views: 274
Size:  177.7 KB

Old 10-31-2015, 02:33 PM   #17
BethLVT
Views: 267
Size:  163.5 KB Email I received today

Old 10-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyleigh View Post
I would never even consider posting an ad with a "price set shipped", receiving payment from a buyer, and then give the buyer a shipping date, only to re-post an the very same ad, and then renege on the whole deal all together. In my opinion, people that do this should not be allowed to post items for sale, on any reputable website.
Best Regards,
Robert
Are you saying you would have sold this item and paid the entire purchase price and then some more to get it to your buyer?
Any rational person looking at this deal can tell that this was an honest error. Yes, people should do their research first. Yes, once you close a deal, you should stand by it.
But this was a huge miscalculation by someone completely inexperienced. She is in no way a scammer. She sent your money back fast, if she was a scammer, she would have not done that.

Robert: Have you done any research to see whether it could be shipped cheaper (assuming it is not sold)

Beth: I think Robert deserves a full refund, and in a case like this you probably should have added a bit of your own money in to make up for the Paypal funds deducted.
Is the rack sold? If not, would you be willing to hold it briefly to allow Robert to research shipping methods if he wants to do that?

Old 10-31-2015, 02:40 PM   #19
bobbyleigh
This woman is not to be believed. I know she lied to me about not re-posting her ad after payment was made because I do not believe that Fauna Classifieds re-posts ads from clients "period". Also if she knew she had to pack and ship this unit in a timely fashion, who would arrive 10 minutes before shut off time for shipping? I did call her stupid which was not in my opinion very nice, however she made little or no effort to keep up her end of the bargain. Also any animal keeper who has ever shipped anything in the past knows the ins and outs and the delicate nature of shipping to someone who has sent them their hard earned dollars in good faith. If this unit was not sold to someone else, then why has it not been re-posted?

Old 10-31-2015, 02:42 PM   #20
BethLVT
Oh and just to prove that I never had intentions to "sell it out from under him" I still have the rack and it was still packed up in the back of my suv as I am very busy and haven't had time to even deal with it. In fact I have decided to keep it because this has been such a headache and I have never dealt with a more paranoid, and verbally abuse individual in my life. [ATTACH][ATTACH]746168
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!