Bad Guy Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business) !! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #21
Lucille
Robert Lee, quit your tantrum.
She spent two hours packing the thing, got it to the UPS place, was overwhelmed by the cost, refunded your money.

Don't be calling people names.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:45 PM   #22
BethLVT
I did not repost the rack because I haven't had time. I got to ups later than expected because I had a Drs appt after work because it is my ONLY afternoon off and it was important. I spent a lot of care and time packaging and took longer than expected. I am only human and tried to make it right, but didn't even get the chance.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #23
Craig Wyatt
Robert I feel your frustration. But this should not be a bad guy/scammer thread. A scammer is someone that goes out if there way to rip you off and it's more than obvious that Beth did not go out of her way to scam you. You did recieve a full refund and I believe you recieved it before this thread was created. I'm a firm believer when you make a deal it should be set in stone the moment you send money BUT this is a unique case in my opinion. And if I were in your position I would be extremely forgiving of Beth. She made a mistake calculating shipping. Nobody is perfect. I'm a firm believer in showing forgiveness so when it's my turn I hope someone would show me forgiveness if I were ever to make a mistake.
I know you had your heart set on this deal but there's plenty more deals where that one came from. I think you should let up on her and move forward. She make a mistake. She is not a bad person.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #24
BethLVT
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  212.2 KB

Old 10-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #25
BethLVT
And to give you all an idea of how large the boxes were, this is them in front of my 6 ft long reef tank and as you can imagine, weren't cheap to ship. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  277.9 KB

Old 10-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #26
juliasara
Mistakes happen, have you never made a mistake robert? Not everyone selling on fauna is a seasoned professional and had years of experience shipping. Beth did make the mistake of assuming it wouldn't cost as much for shipping as it actually did but I honestly dont believe there was any malicious intentions on beths part. When you make a mistake in the future won't you want them to be at least a little forgiving?

Old 10-31-2015, 03:16 PM   #27
bcr229
I see no attempt to scam here. In fact, if the OP had been patient and given the seller time to explore other shipping options he would probably have received the racks. We've shipped oversize packages before and most go FedEx Freight. Taking them to the UPS Store means you get killed on shipping.

For the seller: shipping costs are why most ads for racks and enclosures are local pick-up for a reason.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #28
BethLVT
Thank you all for being understanding. I have definitely learned a huge lesson here and if I ever decide to sell it will be local.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #29
bobbyleigh
In researching rates from FedEx (and everybody knows FedEx is more expensive then UPS) these are the rates that I was given by one of their representatives from Virginia to California:
1st box (the unit itself)
a 60 lb box at 36"x 36" x 12" sent FedEx Ground would be scheduled to arrive in (4) business days to a residence, signature required
Along with
A second box (tubes included)
I am guessing 10 lbs box at 36" x 36" x 12" sent FedEx Ground, signature required was quoted to me by FedEx to be $135.00. Beth was told I would like to receive the unit hopefully within two weeks time. Overnight or second day shipping was not requested. I made that very clear. As long as I had the unit in no longer than two weeks time that was fine with me. And remember these are FedEx rates so how she came up with $300.00 for shipping is beyond me.
Robert

Old 10-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #30
BethLVT
I did not come up with it, UPS did and you didn't even give me the chance to check with any other shipment companies. You already had it in your mind that I was screwing you over and lying. They administrators have made their decision so I don't see any reason in continuing this thread. I am young and not experienced with shipping such large items. You gave me no chance to make things right and I would rather keep the thing and use it for storage than ever risk going through this again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!