Bad Guy Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business) !! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #31
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyleigh View Post
In researching rates from FedEx (and everybody knows FedEx is more expensive then UPS) these are the rates that I was given by one of their representatives from Virginia to California:
1st box (the unit itself)
a 60 lb box at 36"x 36" x 12" sent FedEx Ground would be scheduled to arrive in (4) business days to a residence, signature required
Along with
A second box (tubes included)
I am guessing 10 lbs box at 36" x 36" x 12" sent FedEx Ground, signature required was quoted to me by FedEx to be $135.00. Beth was told I would like to receive the unit hopefully within two weeks time. Overnight or second day shipping was not requested. I made that very clear. As long as I had the unit in no longer than two weeks time that was fine with me. And remember these are FedEx rates so how she came up with $300.00 for shipping is beyond me.
Robert
I'm sure she could get a written quote and post it. UPS store rates are sometimes very high depending on how it was to be shipped and by whom and to where. Shipping rates vary widely.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #32
BethLVT
I am not a bad person and I was in tears after getting off the phone with you. My fiancé was standing by wanting so badly to "go off" on you and I did not let him because I don't like to do that to people. I would have worked with you and I thought the memo explained that, but after the way you spoke to me, that was just not an option.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #33
juliasara
I just went on the ups site and got a quote for the 2 boxes from VA to CA and the cheapest option was $350.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #34
bobbyleigh
If you look at her ad that I re-posted on here for your review, you will see that I aimed high on the size and weight of both boxes to be shipped.

Used V70-5 vision rack for sale

In very good condition. Comes with heating cable and plastic tubs. Does not come with thermostat. 34" X 17" X 6" tubs. Rack is 36" tall. $235 shipped

Also why did she refund my money without consulting me on whether or not I was willing to work with her on any extra costs to be incurred? One more thing, the fact the unit is pictured packaged up, proves nothing! It could of been packaged up to ship to anybody. Also the fact she's claiming to keep the unit now, especially if she feels she is in the right, sounds bogus to me.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:52 PM   #35
TheLittleHeathen
I don't see any signs of wrongdoing here, either. UPS is notorious for high shipping prices (I prefer either good ole' USPS or FedEX personally rather than having to consider whether or not it's worth selling an arm and a leg to cover shipping).

Old 10-31-2015, 03:56 PM   #36
juliasara
She refunded your money because she didn't want you to think she was a scammer. Which she is NOT. Going by your estimate on the sizes and weights of the boxes the quote I got from ups was $350 so her $300 quote is completely believeable. Not to be rude but you honestly sound like my 12 year old when she doesn't get what she wants when she wants it. Had you been rational and just talked with Beth I'm positive something could have been worked out. Like I said she sent the money back to let you know she wasn't trying to scam you, and you freaked out for no reason at all. You should have simply talked to her like a rational adult and worked together with her to find a solution. I've bought things a few times and due to an error on the website they weren't in stock and the seller refunded my money right away and messaged me explaining what had happened and told me if I still wanted it when they had it in stock I could send the payment again but they didn't want to keep my money in case I didn't want to wait.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:57 PM   #37
tim brophy
Holey moley, Bobby Leigh. You got your money back. Why in the world is this even an issue? Go to the Vision website and find another rack. Life is too short to complain about something this easy to fix.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:58 PM   #38
bobbyleigh
If you had a doctors appointment, and you knew Thursday would not be an option for shipping, then why did you promise to ship the unit on Thursday? Also, why didn't you call me before refunding my money back to see whether or not I would have been interested in working with you on any extra costs? Once again, the rates given me from FedEx contradict your story. Nothing you have said concerning this situation holds water. I stand by my convictions. Call it what you want, feel sorry for her if you want, but this lady was not honest about any of this.
Robert

Old 10-31-2015, 04:05 PM   #39
tim brophy
I do not feel sorry for her in the least. But you certainly seem to be very unforgiving. Why did you accuse her of scamming? You got your money back, right?

Old 10-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #40
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyleigh View Post
If you had a doctors appointment, and you knew Thursday would not be an option for shipping, then why did you promise to ship the unit on Thursday? Also, why didn't you call me before refunding my money back to see whether or not I would have been interested in working with you on any extra costs? Once again, the rates given me from FedEx contradict your story. Nothing you have said concerning this situation holds water. I stand by my convictions. Call it what you want, feel sorry for her if you want, but this lady was not honest about any of this.
Robert
She quotes rates from UPS, you quote rates from Fedex, and because they are different you accuse her of dishonesty?
At this point, YOU are the party I would not do business with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!