Bad Guy Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business) !! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:13 PM   #51
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyleigh View Post
If you didn't know how to ship, then you should not have put a set price in your ad and should not have planned on shipping at all until you had all the facts on what it entailed.
Surely this isn't the same person who didn't know how to post on the BOI but went ahead and did so without having the facts on what it entailed?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=553556

Old 10-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #52
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
Seriously don't lose sleep over this.
You made a mistake move on.
Fight the urge to respond to anything else in this thread or it will go on and on and on.
Agreed.... Making HONEST mistakes is being human. Beth, move on, you will never win this argument with such an unforgiving person..
I hope for the best for you with your diagnosis.

Quote:
P.S.
I am not a spoiled brat, I am a respected business man in the field of herpetology, and I expect the same respect in return. I have wasted enough of my time on someone of your stature.
Robert
That just did a whole lot of damage to YOUR stature in the field of herpetology......
LET IT GO !! To label Beth a scammer was certainly uncalled for!

Old 10-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #53
TheLittleHeathen
Quote:
I am not a spoiled brat, I am a respected business man in the field of herpetology, and I expect the same respect in return. I have wasted enough of my time on someone of your stature.
Robert
I imagine that your "respected business man" reputation is very quickly tarnishing more and more the longer this plays out. Once again, if you have your money back, then let it go. There's no further reason to keep throwing salt into the wound.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:36 PM   #54
Lucille
Robert Lee currently has ads on Fauna. I wonder whether a link to this thread should be posted, so people can check their statures prior to purchase.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:40 PM   #55
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Robert Lee currently has ads on Fauna. I wonder whether a link to this thread should be posted, so people can check their statures prior to purchase.
I think anyone considering doing business with him deserves to know what kind of person he is so they can decide if they really want to deal with him or not. I personally would not.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:46 PM   #56
TheLittleHeathen
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
I think anyone considering doing business with him deserves to know what kind of person he is so they can decide if they really want to deal with him or not. I personally would not.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:06 PM   #57
April Homich
It was an honest mistake that the seller fixed quickly. If you are so concerned with how much your time is worth as a 'respected business man,' why are you wasting so much time with trying to destroy someone's reputation that did not even rip you off? Also, those text messages were horribly rude and definitely uncalled for. After those, I would not have tried to work with you, either. After this whole BOI, I never would (and I would try to steer others away, also).

On the other hand, I'd have no worries buying from or selling to Beth. This isn't a 'fan club,' it's what normal people perceive from reading your posts. You don't seem to understand that...

Quote:
Apparently these people posting in your defense feel sorry for you, however I'm the one that feels taken advantage of. I couldn't care less what your little fan club has to say in your defense. You have come up with excuse after excuse that don't hold water for your negligence. The facts still remain that you:
1. Posted an ad selling a product for a set price shipped.
2. Took the buyers money
3. Scheduled a ship date
4. Refunded money without communicating with the buyer over the phone, and should not by Paypal note alone. Imagine how I felt receiving that information from Paypal without a response from you. I would not have gotten so upset had you been professional and upstanding enough to call me.
And now have the nerve to call me the bad guy. This is bad business. If you didn't know how to ship, then you should not have put a set price in your ad and should not have planned on shipping at all until you had all the facts on what it entailed.
P.S.
Robert

Old 10-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #58
WebSlave
Quote:
4. Re-posting your ad after payment has been made, should be illegal. (I have proof that the ad was re-posted because I saved it to my desktop, along with someone else response to the ad for interest in purchasing this unit.)
5. People should be held accountable for their "unprofessional" actions.
I would never even consider posting an ad with a "price set shipped", receiving payment from a buyer, and then give the buyer a shipping date, only to re-post an the very same ad, and then renege on the whole deal all together. In my opinion, people that do this should not be allowed to post items for sale, on any reputable website.
Best Regards,
Robert
I checked Beth's account and she has only EVER posted one ad on this site.

What proof do you have that her ad was "re-posted", and what exactly do you mean by that? Was the ad deleted after she thought it was sold? Was it then restored later on? Mind explaining?
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2015, 07:41 PM   #59
Randy F
Bobby - I have had deals fall through on shipping. These racks are big and heavy. They cost enough that I always pick mine up at shows that I vend. It sucks when you get excited about something and don't get it. I was working a trade out with someone on here and got super excited about the gun I was trading for some of my snakes. I looked up ammo and almost bought some as it is expensive ammo. He got a trade offer that seemed better to him and I lost out. It does suck, but after how we handle it shows our character. Don't take it personal, be the professional you claim to be!

Beth - Things happen to us all. Through these little mistakes we learn. Don't take it personal. No-one else including Bobby would lose money to ship someone something. You did the right thing apologizing and refunding the money right away. Always consider shipping when selling anything, especially of size. Props for keeping it civilized and not slinging mud!

Old 10-31-2015, 08:20 PM   #60
inca
Good guy

Bob is an excellent snake breeder and with a good repuation. I have been breeding snakes for 30 years and always had a good experianced with Bob's quality animals. I hope this issue is resolved and laid to rest ASAP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!