Bad Guy Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business) !! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #71
TheLittleHeathen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyleigh View Post
I agree, I am tired of dealing with this. The only reason I pursued the situation that I am dealing with, is because whether it be shipping animals or products, if people are not more precise in their professionalism in this hobby, we will all suffer the consciences. I have seen it happen before, over and over again, its about time somebody spoke out to protect the people who don't have the guts to speak out. Period!
Professionalism? You've posted a thread about a lady whose obviously put forth a good faith effort to make this right by refunding your money where you've not only accused her of being a scammer but said some very rude things via text and in your posts, and you want to talk about being a professional?
I think a good look in the mirror is needed here, Robert. Being a professional isn't just having a good relationship with your customer base. It's having something that every human being should have for one another: respect. And respect is a two way street. You earn it by having the integrity to admit your mistakes and to accept that people are human and will always make a mistake here and there in life. You do not go on to a website forum and carry on and on like a broken record claiming to be a "professional business man" when your actions show otherwise.

With that said, I'm signing off for the night. It's been a long day of handing out candy to the little monsters who visited. Happy Halloween to everyone, and have a good night.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:57 PM   #72
tlmoon
OP, I am glad you posted. Now I know that you are not someone I would ever want to do business with. The seller made an honest mistake and refunded you. You are acting like a bully and a jerk. Are you proud that you make this young woman cry? Do you enjoy being awful to people?

I would not hesitate to do business with the seller, but you have shown your true colors in this thread.

You really should be ashamed of the way you acting, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-01-2015, 12:52 AM   #73
LauraB
Quote:
P.S.
I am not a spoiled brat, I am a respected business man in the field of herpetology, and I expect the same respect in return. I have wasted enough of my time on someone of your stature.
Robert
You certainly sound like one ... a spoiled brat, I mean. NOT a "respected business man in the field of herpetology". As a "respected man in the field of herpetology", you should NOT try to take advantage of a hobbyist who did indeed err in miscalculating shipping costs, admitted same and refunded your money immediately. And yes, IMWO, you absolutely DID take advantage of her advertised price, which is why you are so incensed.

Perhaps as a "respected man in the field of herpetology" you might act like a freaking adult and help teach, educate and encourage younger hobbists ... NOT send those completely unprofessional, immature and horrid texts.

Of course you are tired of dealing with this ... you have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting.

Buyers, sellers beware the wrath and disrespect of the "respected man in the field of herpetology".

Old 11-01-2015, 01:09 AM   #74
snakeman101172
With all of your intelligence and vast depth of professionalism why did you choose to enter into a business transaction with a lowly hobbyist?

For instance I need the lawns of my properties maintained so I hire a landscaping company and as such I expect professional results and conduct. Much different expectations than I would Have of the neighbor kid mowing my lawns. With your wealth of industry knowledge perhaps your professional intuition should have directed you to Vision themselves. After all the are industry professionals.

But that is not what you wanted is it ? Nope, you wanted a great deal that would actually cost a herp loving hobbyist a financial set back so you can feel supreme. I am certainly glad you "spoke out" for all of the people that are tired of deals that don't go as planned and are refunded quickly. I certainly feel for your struggle and am glad your just not going to take it anymore. Fight the good fight and keep on keeping on.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:42 AM   #75
JColt
Respected Herpetologist? More like a bully, You remind me of Violet Beauregarde.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #76
tim brophy
Sounds like even "a man of your stature" can be called out for being undesirable as a human being.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #77
TheLittleHeathen
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Buyers, sellers beware the wrath and disrespect of the "respected man in the field of herpetology".
Very well said.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #78
CwnAnnwn
Mr. Sobolewski, just when I thought I could not be more disappointed with your behaviour, you open your mouth.

At this point, I think I need to point out what libel is.

Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

Now libel is not easily proven in court. You are allowed to your opinions. But one of the foundations to a libel case is malice.

Malice (legal) evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others.

The whole point of this thread was to hurt Miss Butterworth because you did not get a insanely good deal on a product. As far as I see it, she was giving that product away.

She did not rip anyone off or scam you. I can safely say that if that was the worst mistake she makes this week, she is a better person then most of us, myself included.

This is a hobby for most of us. We are not in it for the money, we don't want money for what we do. When we no longer need something, we try to make it easier for others buy giving them away from really cheap.

She did what she thought was best, it was a mistake, a minor one, and she fixed that mistake right after she found it to be an error.

I honestly wonder if she should not open an bad guy post about Mr. Sobolewski. Because honestly, the text that he wrote was this side of insane.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #79
Billy1138
Quote:
I agree, I am tired of dealing with this. The only reason I pursued the situation that I am dealing with, is because whether it be shipping animals or products, if people are not more precise in their professionalism in this hobby, we will all suffer the consciences. I have seen it happen before, over and over again, its about time somebody spoke out to protect the people who don't have the guts to speak out. Period!
After reading this thread and your text messages, you show no evidence of professionalism at all... Please don't be my spokesperson for professionalism in this hobby.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #80
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CwnAnnwn View Post

I honestly wonder if she should not open an bad guy post about Mr. Sobolewski. Because honestly, the text that he wrote was this side of insane.
While I may agree I do not think it would be a good idea or even necessary at this point
I think EVERYBODY who has read this thread knows exactly WHO the "bad guy" is!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!