Inquiry JS on Kingsnake.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
soooeee
JS on Kingsnake.com

I see this person posting some rather rare snakes regularly, but no real name or contact information and does not answer when contacted. Just curious if the person is legit?

Old 11-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
riverboy
I believe it is Joe Switalski.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #3
VinnyButch
JS = Joe Switalski

Yes, the guy selling snakes on KS is Joe Switalski. He does a lot of business on FB as well as Kingsnake. I've bought many snakes from Joe over the past year or so.
Chondros, T- Bloods, and others. All Grade-A. Good communication, perfectly packed, beautiful snakes.
It's much easier to get hold of him through FB. Give it a shot if he's offering something you like.

He's the real deal. A good guy in my experience.

Vinny

Old 11-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Jeff Godbold
It is in fact Joe Switalski. He's a good guy and sells a lot under the radar. I've bought from him a few times, and they were all positive experiences.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #5
viandy
I have bought from Joe several times, even have a deal going with him now. Good guy, and what I've received from him has always been top notch.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
Occidentalis
I bought two pairs of snakes from Joe this March. They were shipped UPS unlabeled/labeled as fish and they arrived rather cold with heat packs loose in the box. Joe claimed he is approved for UPS, and a lot of people forget to comply with the lacy act. One pair was fine but I suspect mis-sexed as two females instead of a pair. The other pair (different species, described as flawless, LTC animals) had signs of RI (crusty noses, raspy breathing, bubbles), and both were bleeding from the mouth on arrival (see pics). Joe claimed it was from rubbing in the bag and had some advice on first aid, which I followed, then after symptoms persisted I treated the animals for the RI. The animals are now doing fine. You can see in the last pic the extent of the resp issues - lots of crud in the nostril and mouth area.

We had no bad words and I didn't request anything or make any real complaints to him other than the observations above, but he blocked me on Facebook. The last conversation we had is the last in the attached PDF. The whole thing left the taste of "shady" in my mouth and I don't think I would do business with him again, unless I was local and could see the animals myself first, maybe. I thought maybe we just had a bad shipping experience, and I had no ill feelings until the FB block. I do not understand why he did that at all, unless he was anticipating trouble from me - in which case he didn't want to face it. Personally I enjoy keeping in contact with people in the hobby that I've done business with.

I have attached photos and my chat logs.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf js_pdf.pdf (30.9 KB, 71 views)

Old 11-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #7
soooeee
Bad seller responses too

He has had a good number of nice venomous snakes listed over the past few months, but he refuses to reply when contacted. Is he an idiot or does he only sell if he knows you? And if so, why pay for and post an ad if he is that stupid about who he sells to? Either they are for sale or they are only for sale if he knws/likes you! Too many jackasses in this hobby - looks like he's one of them...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!