Bad Guy Bad Girl Megan Walling AKA Walker - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
JessicasRainbowGeckos
Bad Girl Megan Walling AKA Walker

So this is going to be a long one I hope you all take the time to read threw everything as this one is very shady!

So Megan was advertising on Facebook gecko nation market place for 2 beautiful gem snow hypo female babies.
I inquired on both as I had the perfect project for them and my initial thought was wow those are beautiful. So after talking to Magen and thinking on it for the night I sent Megan a message and decided to purchase them. I sent her a I tail downpayment of $40 to hold ten for me. Meghan has sent me 2 more photos of both geckos and I couldn't have been more excited.
1-2 weeks later I sent her the final payment and my new geckos where on their way. Immediately upon receiving both geckos I opened my box and right away noticed that one gecko had a large amount of extra skin underneath it's Chin. So my first thought was to message Megan as this was not disclosed to me. Right away Megan was very apologetic and said that she knew the chin was that way but did not see that being a issue. So I was very sure we could come to some kind of refund. As to me a excessive amount of skin is just like a can't tell it should be fully disclosed on payment of geckos as she knew both geckos work for a breeding project. About 30 minutes into the conversation I quickly came to realize she was not going to refund me on the gecko and became very rude saying that it was not a big issue and the gecko could be refunded but to return the shipping cost was on me. At that point I would be even deeper in the hole as shipping cost was the same cost of the gecko pretty much. After discussing the situation I went and looked at the gecko some more realizing that the gecko was way more skinnier in person than it was in the photos she sent me. So I disclosed photos and all information I could think up to Megan and realized I would not be getting my money back and less I paid for shipping and even then I would still be out money. After dealing with all of this I decided to post a review on ban hammer Leopard Geckos Breeder and everyone agreed the chin should have been fully disclosed, not to mention the gecko didn't even look the same.

So I decided to file a claim on PayPal. About 6 days after the claim was filed it was closed due to the fact that there was more than one purchase for the same item and PayPal could not refund. Shortly after receiving the email the claim was closed Megan went on a public forum and tried to bash me stating that I was blackmailing her and harassing her. As soon as I found out this was happening I requested to join the form and defend myself and no sooner do I start posting to her post she blocks me to where I cannot defend myself. Her original post did not disclose what was wrong with the gecko and why I was not happy just that I was bad to do business with and I was harassing and blackmailing her. Thankfully the admin's on the group requested she unblock me so it would be fair. Shortly after unblocking me I pleaded my case and everyone agreed with me towards the end she deleted her post without admin's permission because it was not in her favor. Then proceeded to ask to be untagged in the post so her name would not be on it.

I will never do business with Megan again and I hope after reading this post you will not either thank you for reading and have a good day.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
JessicasRainbowGeckos
Another photo

Under chin photo
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
JessicasRainbowGeckos
Another

Another
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #4
Kristi23
Any deformity should be disclosed before a sale is done. Especially when the animal is being sold to someone planning on breeding. Sometimes things are missed, but this is a very big thing to overlook. The seller should have paid to take the animal back or refunded some of the money if the buyer wanted to keep it since it was their mistake.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Lucille
Please post emails between you showing the issue and that she required shipping to be paid.
Is the skin issue genetic?

Old 11-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #6
Kristi23
I should have finished my thoughts before hitting reply.

To go a little further. I had a gecko drop her tail partially during shipping. I offered to refund some money to the buyer right away (which she declined). Even though it wasn't my fault, she was getting something less than what was described. The right thing to do is at least offer when things go wrong.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #7
cbackwoodsgeckos
This literally makes me so mad. You can tell when someone is just in it for the money when they don't even fully disclose. I tell everything no matter what. I'd rather have a happy customer than have to be a coward. Common sense, if you're buyer isn't satisfied, do all you can to satisfy them if you don't want a bad name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2015, 04:43 PM   #8
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Please post emails between you showing the issue and that she required shipping to be paid.
Is the skin issue genetic?
Some breeders believe it's genetic and some say incubation. It probably hasn't been proven since it's not a common defect. To be safe, I would say it's best to not breed that animal. Even if it was from incubation, the issue should have been explained to her before the animal was shipped.

I'm sure we'll see the screenshots soon. I did read most of them on facebook and feel that the buyer (Jessica) is correct in this situation and the seller should be fixing the issue.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #9
Lucille
If it is the kind of defect that may be genetic, disclosure is critical. Since apparently it MIGHT be genetic, disclose is just as critical, the customer should make the choice of whether or not to purchase.
Were I the seller I'd let the buyer keep the gecko and either refund or replace.
I would like to see the posts of the seller accusing the OP of harassing her if what was happening is insistence on a refund.
In this case I do not think the buyer should pay shipping back, because of the lack of disclosure.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #10
JessicasRainbowGeckos
my first conversation back to the sellerrrr

here is where she clearly admits that she did not tell me of the situation and is blaming how bad it is the shipping
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!