Opinions on Phoenix Worms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Nero557
Opinions on Phoenix Worms

So what does everyone think about Phoenix Worms? Are they really as goo as they say they are for your animals? Also, does anyone know how to breed them?

Old 05-03-2006, 02:44 AM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I have seen them but never tried them. I have a hard enough time keeping track of the roaches, mealies, supers and crickets.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:58 AM   #3
Nero557
Hah, yeah... I know what you mean. I ordered a cup of 150 to try out, we shall see what happens... I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
Art, how did those phoenix worms work out for ya?

Old 07-10-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
themancmt
the calcium in phoenix worms are like 8,000 ppm but they are very very small. i would recommend them for smaller dragons. you could feed all 150 to a adult bearded dragon in one feeding. id rather just give my dragons gut loaded dusted crickets, pinkies, or dusted roaches for calcium.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
Nero557
My beardies loved them, they came in this sawdusty type stuff... but it wasn't anything like what mealworms come in, much more fine, almost like light (weight) sand. Kinda like mealworm defecation. It stuck to my fingers and the worms, it was kinda damp, but not really to the touch... Other than that, they were great, I ordered the smallest size they had and they were perfect fit between the beardies eyes, I'd say about a centimeter in length. If I could find somewhere else to order them from I would, but wormman will not ever get my business again, because of ordering complications, the worms were fine. So overall, I give them a

Old 07-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #7
Robinsons
Phoenix Worms

I ordered some from Mulberry farms. I'm trying different things to try and give Stella the best because she's on the small side and not that I mind a small dragon I just want her to be heathy. Also try searching google. There are a bunch of different companies the sell them now not that I personally recommend any because I haven't used them but hey if your want some you might try that.
Lorretta Robinson
Smile It's contagious!

Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #8
Brenda777
I bought Phoenix Worms from premiumcrickets.com. I bought the small ones and they were too small for my beardies but they loved them. I asked someone at premiumcrickets on what size to get and he said I could probably get away with the large ones. He said small ones would be great for newly hatched beardies or something small. The only issue I had was trying to get the stuff off that they were in. My beardies ate them faster than I could give them.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
Robinsons
Talking Tried 'Em

Ok Just wanted to list my update. Stella loves the Phoenix worms. She is really small and we don't have any reliable way to get crickets the right size for her. I was afraid that she might get impacted so I was looking for an alternative. Plus I don't have enough insect eating animals to warrant ordering 1000 crickets. Anywho. She loves them and I am able to give them to her a couple times of day and she gobbles them up. I had found some crickets for her but she had only been eating between 3 and 5 of them in the time you guys said I should give her. After that she would hide on her basking spot and the crickets would hide under her rock. I am hoping to keep her on Phoenix worms until she is a bit bigger then the crickets won't be too big of a deal because I can buy her small ones. I have to say though the Phoenix worms also take a bit of worry away beacuse they are so soft. I don't fear that she will get impacted by their crunchy outside( crickets and mealworms). Thanks for the responses!
Lorretta Robinson
Smile It's contagious!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!