feeding mice? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
radera5
Yes, I feed a hopper, sometimes two a week. Then I give him greens and Phoenix worms daily. I was making the point that a thing of Phoenix worms lasts a week or so, they live longer, and don't stink. They are also much cheaper rather than going through a bunch of crickets for one dragon.

Should I be doing more?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #12
mikepanzarella
why not just use dubai ez to breed no smell and u can sell the extras to make money instead of spending it
yeah i know i hate looking at roaches also but seems to be the best way

Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #13
radera5
Because I am feeding one dragon lol No point in starting a colony. He was a rescue I took in just so he didn't die. I am not starting a dubia colony for him lol. He is fat and happy just how he is

Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #14
offroad537
you only feed pinkies when you going to breed your dragons. if your not theres no reason to do it. it doesnt hurt your dragon it just helps them faten up. i feed my females pinkies in the breeding season.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
monge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mreynolds101110 View Post
I've been noticing a lot of people lately feeding their dragon mice pinkies... I was under the impression they are not good for them, and have calcium, but not the best source of calcium. Also, that they are only recommended very sparingly with gravid or post gravid females( fatten them).

I am just wondering why people want to feed them to their dragons
It's a bad and unhealthy idea. Insect fat is mostly unsaturated, whereas the fats in mammals are saturated.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepanzarella View Post
why not just use dubai ez to breed no smell and u can sell the extras to make money instead of spending it
yeah i know i hate looking at roaches also but seems to be the best way

I dont know about no smell, get a few thousand going...They have a definite odor but is usually contained with in their tote.

I dont care much for pinkies for various reasons, frozen or live. Some breeders will use them for females while gravid or after, but there are definitely better food sources whether as a treat or a staple.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!