warning-william conway-bad guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Turtlemandan602
warning-william conway-bad guy

I have boughten over 14 turtles from this guy and about 2 are not sic or on deaths bed. Please be cautious in buying or selling to this man if you care about turtles.

Dan Hemby Of TurtleManDan

Old 05-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
SPJ
Can you be a little more specific about what happened?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Turtlemandan602
Sorry about the vague post. I bought a group of 7 common musk turtles, 2 Florida red belly's, 3 Mississippi maps, and 3 SA spot belly side neck turtles. The musks arrived with shell scares all over, some had respiratory problems, some have fungus, and 2 died the next day. Out of the red belly's, 1 died that day, the other has a infection on his right leg and is now in the care of a vet, the spot belly's 2 were fine and the third has a lot of shell rot. The map turtles, 1 died the next bay, one has severe shell damage, and the third is in ok condition just VERY light weight and very skittish about eating. Out of 15 turtles only 3 are in decent health.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Turtlemandan602
He is based here in Arizona, (where i am based out of).

Dan Hemby

Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
forever29
Did you buy all 14 at the same time. In one order, so to speak?
Did you contact the seller to ask for an explanation?
Leslie

Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
Turtlemandan602
I contacted him several times. They were bought in two different sales, 3 days apart. I got the maps and the spot bellys first, then the red bellys and the musks. The first time i bought them he said he would refund some money back and cut prices on the other order, he did not do either. He also knows about this link because i warned him i would do this. Now he does not answer any phone calls or emails i send. Today i lost 2 more of my poor musk turtle.

Dan hemby

Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 AM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemandan602
They were bought in two different sales, 3 days apart. I got the maps and the spot bellys first, then the red bellys and the musks. The first time i bought them he said he would refund some money back and cut prices on the other order, he did not do either.

You didn't like the quality of your first order so he said that he would refund some of your money or cut prices on your next order?

So when he gave you the total on your next order you didn't realize you weren't receiving a discount off your first order?

How come you didn't question him about the discount off your first order prior to completing the second sale?

Why would you even go ahead with the second sale when the first experience wasn't a pleasant one?

Here's a free tip Danny...

The easiest way to stop a person who is selling poor quality animals is not to make multiple purchases from them.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:32 AM   #8
Turtlemandan602
Well, you are correct in that statement, monk, i messed up. I am wrong for giving a person the benefit of doubt, and i am wrong for not checking his price listings before listening to his hustle. Still does not change the fact that i bought a bunch of sick turtles from him and now can not get a response. I will admit i am new at internet buys. Guess that is not tolerated by you huh monk, im guessing you not one much on being a informative man. Sound to me your more of the attack first type, no reason to be nice and teach some one who is attempting to learn, sound to me you are not one to be called a monk at all. Try being nicer, might get you farther with people. The reptile business is not one for those who do not have patience or the respect to teach instead of mock people. You have been up my tale since i made my first forum mistake here, calm down maybe you need to meditate more. Attack those who still or treat the herps wrong, not people on these forums attempting to learn or teach.
Dan Hemby

Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
Keith Northrop
Talking

Dan......My first Q: Were any of the Turtles under 4"?? If so you have immediate action. It's a Federal Law about under four inch Turtles. Ask me?
I was paid a visit from the FDA.....One morning this Cat shows up at the front
door......Being in a Military town I thought nothing of the Full Dress....I just
figured him as Rank........ FDA calling........Made me sign a statement to the fact I now know the law.....HaHa.....I already knew the Law......My
sign which states sold for Scientific and Educational purposes needed me
to add the word "Bonifide" Scientific and Educational .......Talk about beating
a dead horse........

Old 05-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemandan602
Well, you are correct in that statement, monk, i messed up. I am wrong for giving a person the benefit of doubt, and i am wrong for not checking his price listings before listening to his hustle. Still does not change the fact that i bought a bunch of sick turtles from him and now can not get a response. I will admit i am new at internet buys. Guess that is not tolerated by you huh monk, im guessing you not one much on being a informative man. Sound to me your more of the attack first type, no reason to be nice and teach some one who is attempting to learn, sound to me you are not one to be called a monk at all. Try being nicer, might get you farther with people. The reptile business is not one for those who do not have patience or the respect to teach instead of mock people. You have been up my tale since i made my first forum mistake here, calm down maybe you need to meditate more. Attack those who still or treat the herps wrong, not people on these forums attempting to learn or teach.
Dan Hemby
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&postcount=31

According to you this site is almost worthless, so WTF are you still doing here? Is this the part of Fauna that's worth something to you? You're going to stick around just to use this part of fauna (the boi) to piss and moan about your own poor decisions?

And you know....you never did a single inquiry on the guy using the BOI. You knew how to make a bad guy thread though, but the idea of inquiring about the guy totally skipped your mind.

Maybe my confusion over your thread is I don't know exactly what it is I'm being warned about. Is that I shouldn't be dumb to make a second purchase from someone who screwed me over on my first purchase? I mean, that's just common sense. Is that what you're teaching us today? How to apply some basic common sense and not look dumb?

Thanks for the big lesson and pep talk. I'll just keep being who I am if you dont mind and you keep complaining about everything and blaming everyone because you have no common sense.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!