Aline reptiles "CHAMELEONS" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-07-2002, 12:47 AM   #1
Tropicalherp
Hello all, I am writing this in regards to a shipment that I had received from Aline Reptiles on 4/3. I got the shipment of Carpet chameleon that morning, I opened the box and there was no insulation and no heat packs. Also on top of that he had paper towels in with them in the deli cup that were wet!! The problem I have with that is he charged me $50 dollars for $30 dollars worth of shipping. As if that was not enough when I opened the containers "8" I found one male with a broken rear leg and a female with her rear hip bone sticking out of her body and was so gravid and sick she could not move. My problem is that when I order animals that were sold to me as "A GRADE" they were at best "C GRADE" and not what I had payed for. When I called him and explained the situation he said another person had shipped then out, when I contacted the other person Micheal he said Kalam had shipped them out!!?? He was very nice and said send the 2 poor quality animals back and he would ship me 2 more out and that he was very sorry!! I was very happy with that until I received the next pair of animals. He had them in large deli cup wich is okay but when I pulled the paper towels out of them water was poring out!! After I had asked him not to add water to it as it just conducts the cold to much. The male is half dead "I HAVE PICS" and the female had over crusted eyes from lack of moisture or misting. I fugured he would make it right and he only made it worse. I understand wild caught animals and have been breeding wild caught chameleons for over 5 year I understood what I was getting into but there is a big defferance between A and C grade wild caught. So now out $70 dollars in shipping and soon to be a pair of the most beautiful chameleons around and it just breaks my heart. I am not giong to contact him again as I dont want to deal with any of this anymore. With as much money as I spent on chameleons I guess he does not need my business. Just this order alone was only $300 to check the quality of his animals. Form your own opinions and thanks for taking the time to read this. I just want it known that i have given him every option to make it right and he must have felt no need to due so.

Brad and Wendy Cooper

If anyone would like pics of the female I sent back or the second male that he replaced feel free to e-mail me.

Old 04-07-2002, 03:09 AM   #2
franklinedwards60
Thank you for letting us all know about this person.

Old 04-07-2002, 03:53 AM   #3
Corey Sawyer
I have had bastardi and pictus from them, not a problem at all. I am ordering $300 in fat tails next week, dealign with WCs I expect to get some poor quality ones.

As always buy with a visa card if you have any doubts. You can always back charge the animals.

Old 04-07-2002, 05:32 AM   #4
Tropicalherp
Corey, no this is not to be expected when all he said was that all he had was quality animals and nothing less as far as the chameleons went. One other thing is chameleons are much harder to acclimate in the first place. That is why I made sure to ask him if all the animals were feeding etc... and he gave me a big yes!!  I would have expected the garbage if I was purchasing B and C grade animals as IDB has on their price list.  I am glad you had a good experiance with him, I did not and give him a chance to make good on them and then he sent me garbage again!!! I am one of the nicest guys to deal with and am honest about everything. I would expect a big dealer like ALINE to uphold their status in this industry and make most happy with what they sells and says. As we all know customer service is key keeping your customers happy.
 If Kalam or Micheal want to make good on this I will retract what I am saying. But until he stops sending people B and C grade animals and learns how to utilize the Lacy act then I will not purchase from him again! His shipping was some of the worst I have seen.

Brad and Wendy Cooper

Mitlon, WA

Old 04-07-2002, 05:56 AM   #5
Tropicalherp
Here is a pic of the nice male he sent me in return for the one with the broken let. You tell me if it looks like an A grade animal or not!!!

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlb....ge_id=0

Old 04-07-2002, 01:35 PM   #6
Winston
Maybe they are just stressed out.  the chameleon speically wild caught get stressed easily so they don't look too good on first arrival I've had chameleon do a 180 on me where they went from dark to some of the most intense color change on me. give it couple weeks and see.

Good luck
Kalam is a nice guy just tell him the problem. (then again you have to remember this is WC so some aniamls are in bad shape)

Winston

Old 04-07-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
Tropicalherp
Winston, did you not read what I was saying? I know a stressed animals from a deathly ill animals!! I have been breeding many species of chameleons for over years. The fact is that he said that they were all 100% healthy not 25 to 50% healthy. Now that is my point. Misrepresentation of his animals. I also agree that Kalam was a nice guy to a point and then instead of making it all better the first time I sent two of the poor quality animals back he sent me more garbage. If he had nothing good to send me I wish he would have just refunded my money and we could have been done with it right there. Honesty is the best policy not to turn a quick buck on offloading poor quality animals on a customer.

Old 04-07-2002, 07:36 PM   #8
Winston
Have you personally talk to Kalam and asked for a full refund? and send the animals back. I'm pretty sure he would do something to make it up even for the second shipment of the animals they have sned you.  
Get me updated

Thanx

Winston

Old 04-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #9
Tropicalherp
Hello again all. Now I have just herd from a person that Kalam had nothing to do with the animals that got sent to me. It was a person that works for him. If this is true and Kalam himself will make good on the 1.1 that I have that are in very bad shape I will retract all statements about him and his company and them I can focus on him employee.

Brad C

Old 04-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #10
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
I have done business with Kalam at Aline many times and he has always sent me the best stuff.  Granted, I have never ordered chameleons, but the gecko species I got from him are very sensitive(Uroplatus) and they always came in great.  I have lost two or three animals within a day or two of arrival(one a spider tortoise), and Kalam was quick to help me out and send me much BETTER animals in return.  
Just be sure to talk directly to him and present your situation.  I am sure there was some mix up on one of his employee's part in picking out your chameleons.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!