my baby sand boa is not feeding help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
sandboa454
my baby sand boa is not feeding help!

.lol undefinedundefined

hi there i bought a sand boa 2 weeks ago and it has not eaten they told me to feed it thawed mice and i tryed that but it did not work any tips would help!~

Old 06-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
Otter_23
How old is it? Male or female? What is your set up (temps, substrate, hide, water etc..)?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
skylarke
I have yet to get any of my sand boas to eat frozen thawed. For the baby ones, I put them in a small cloth bag with a live pinkie for a couple of hours then check on them. The pinkie ususally is eaten by then. Sand boas need to stay warm, too. I keep mine on heating pads on the low setting. Be sure they have a water dish, too.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:27 AM   #4
lvl0rg4n
For my babies, I have to make the mice "dance" a bit before they will eat them. I also thaw mine out in water with like chicken broth cubes disolved in it. Yummy~

Old 06-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
sandboa454
Question more info plz

um its about a month old, not sure yet wheather its female or male i keep it worm on one side of the tank and normal on the other side 70% when i feed it iv tyred slap technique where u put it in its face to piss it of iv try ed split Brain iv try ed normal but hes to small for force feed and when i feed him i put him in a small plastic bowl with tinfoil on the top with holes in it tighten around the bowl. any more advise please tell :eatpointe:

Old 06-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #6
rjward97
Did they say it had eaten before you bought him? I would try small live pinkies, just left alone with him in a small container/paper bag over night. Also try not to handle him, let him settle in. Once he is feeling safe it may be easier to get him to feed. How warm is warm? If the temps are not where he needs them, he will refuse to eat. Try to get something to measure your cages temps. 70%?
Good luck!!

Old 06-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
sandboa454
almost by

hey people. any body who posted on this thanks for the advise but i dot whant to have to worry bout my pour baby so im gona give it back to the :scatter: place and get another kind i know i shouldent give up but i dunt wana worry about feeding it every weekend and again any body who replyed on thsi post thank you for the advise! :scatter:

Old 06-23-2006, 10:21 PM   #8
lvl0rg4n
I just wonder now what is going to happen when you get a new snake and it refuses to eat. Are you just going to keep taking them back?

Old 06-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #9
joshdhensley
For my baby sand boa, I put him in a plastic tupperware with the lid on it and put that in the bathroom with a towel over it and the lights out. That seemed to work for me very well with F/T pinkies.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
sandboa454
ok

what happend to the other one they took it back adn the new one is a ball pythone and its is a good eater so there should be no more worries

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!